150 AA for a 13th spell gem?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Lilura Augur

What were they smoking when they came up with that bright idea?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. gnomeboss Augur

a bargain at twice the price.
    Jhenna_BB, Tarvas and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Goodn Augur

If you are a wizard, you can pay 200 aa to switch your synergy to a spell that's worse that the 105 one.

The 150 aa for the spell gem does seem like a bargain at that point.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Another spell gem offers the player an incredible power increase so that cost does not surprise me at all.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  5. Folded New Member

That seems like a great one. I always wish I had another spell available! I didn't realize this existed, going to rush for it on both characters first before 106 even.
  6. Lubianx Augur

Required level 106 though
  7. Maedhros High King

I would have put that thing on layaway and paid 500aa a week for 2 months to get it.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I'd pay 210 for an extra spell gem. or I guess in a day or two 220
  9. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I’d pay 500aa for another hotbar!
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Moege Augur

Blessing to a necro (sortof, now have to rework all the spellsets)

200 AA for the synergy
    22 different dot focus at a quick glance.

That folks is 2400 aa to max out just the focus tab.
  11. S33k3r Augur

The 13th spell gem was the 1st thing I brought. The only downside is trying to tweak spell sets, macros and multibinds.
  12. SylSyl Lorekeeper

The UI file added support for both a 13th and a 14th spell gem. Makes me wonder what the future holds. Also wonder what keys to use... I have no F13 key.
  13. Kyzvs Augur

I bet it takes less time to get 150aaa now than it did to get however many AA the first additional gem needed when it was released /shrug
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Moege Augur

Omens of War , rank1 cost 3 aa. Could get it at level 55

Foggy memory but can remember something of 4 aa an hour considered good. So probably correct that the cost in time invested is about the same.
    Maedhros likes this.
  15. Kyzvs Augur

Ahh, you was ubber. Back then 2 AA in a 3-hour evening was work for me. ;)
    Fenthen and Tatanka like this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

This reminds me of the thread a couple weeks ago saying that the rate of AA XP should be drastically increased. If you want to go back to 2-3 AAs in an hour, then you can have abilities that cost 6 or 9 points. . . .
    Fenthen and snailish like this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I bought the extra spell-gem immediately after gaining level 106.

An extra spell-gem is extra flexibility for a caster. :)
  18. Tucoh Augur

I'd pay 1,500 for a 14th slot.
  19. Acorpse New Member

1st thing I bought too, mostly because the AA's are horrible & boring. Not a single new AA or even any upgrades to lines I actually use. Super disappointed
  20. Cicelee Augur

You have to be a very casual player nowadays to be phased by 150 AA. With lesson burns and quest rewards, it should take the majority of players (if they were straight focused only on AA) a week at the most to get 150 AA. For over half it could be a couple days, and for probably a quarter of players it could be done in a day.