15+ raids next expansion !

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Peltier, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Peltier Elder

WHO ELSE IS EXCITED ABOUT THIS ! ! ! ///drool
    arbre, Elricvonclief, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dunno about you, but...
    [IMG]
  3. Silv Augur

[IMG]
    J/K!!!

I'm really excited about this, especially the PoHate/Fear thing. I know people are all grumpy about possible trash clears but even if they suck... we still have moar raids!
  4. Viper1 Augur

/sarcasm /ultrapessimist its probably just 1 raid that you get to do 15 times before it permanently locks out your character forever! /sarcasm off

What I wonder about is, will it be old pohate (the 2 story version) or cuurent version? And will the break in to pofear be similar to classic or might they rework the pathing?
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

One thing that was always nice about the trash clears - for the majority of us lower guilds, it gave us something to do with smaller numbers while we are waiting for more to log on. That's one thing that was always nice with zones like that - Anguish, Crystallos, etc.
    Xeladom and Silv like this.
  6. Silv Augur

Original PoHate with Wiz port in to the house and trying to make the wall break would be awesome. Bad pathing would also be appreciated. Let's also throw in VT-level Z-axis issues. I would *love* to see that raid where a misplaced mob results in a half-a-zone train [I'm being serious btw]. I'd also be down for epic PoFear break ins... given you respawn with gear and can corpse summon there is 0 reason why it shouldn't be insanity. The horrible part about bad PoFear breaks back in the day was wiping and having to get another guild come in to save you... since that isn't an issue, let the bodies hit the floor IMO.

We're not getting a level increase [well, speculating technically but I would be *amazed* if we were] so people shouldn't care about XP loss. Dying in EQ has had 0 relevance for years now unless it's the first few weeks of a level increase xpac... and even then...
  7. Tour Augur

When it was current, PoFear was the most appropriately named zone in the game. You had real concern that you'd wipe and lose your gear or otherwise have significant consequences for failure. Especially if you couldn't ask another guild to help you recover. While that obviously cant be reproduced, nor should it, being bombarded with mobs and real difficulty immediately upon zoning in would be kinda nice. Breaking in was what a big part of that zone was.

Unrelated: that is the grumpiest cat I have ever seen
    Silv likes this.
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

I'm looking forward to it, as are the folks I've talked with in game.

15 raids is very impressive. It will be interesting to see how harshly they're tuned at release. :eek:
    Silv likes this.
  9. Silv Augur

Well, if we have a year to beat/farm them I don't think it will matter. Although, given how many raiding guilds are probably almost fully Arx geared [and their alts] at this point it might be easy... unless they tuned it assuming the former fact. That would probably really hurt low to mid tier guilds though. Hopefully some of them are CTOV level to help gear up people that need it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

I imagine the 7-8 Fear/Hate ones will be t1/ToV type ones, they are prob in that "15+" count definitely.
  11. Silv Augur

Where did you get the 7 - 8 number from?
  12. Koveras Elder

I assume group versions of these 15 instances would also exist?
  13. Riou EQResource

That's about how many raids Fear + Hate have right?
    3 golems + CT + dracoliche in fear for 5
    then Hate has Maestro and Innoruuk?
  14. Viper1 Augur

The initial info doesn't seem to indicate that this would be the case. We'll find out more on Oct 1.
  15. Viper1 Augur

Maybe fear and hate are only counted as 1 raid each. Or perhaps they are not included in the 15 raid total at all, and the 15 raids are actual new instances not seen before.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Or fear + hate could count as 12 of the 15 raids. 75 fear, 75 hate ... count up in five level increments
    Silv and Iila like this.
  17. Silv Augur

Well now that's just being depressing :p
  18. Riou EQResource

They've never considered 1 raid zone a "Raid" for counting purposes when it contained 2+ events though. So either Fear + Hate counts as 7, or there is only a CT + Innoruuk event.
  19. Wizdons Augur

Any loot dropping named/chest is equal to a Raid.

If the new Fear and Hate are included in the 15 raid count then the new expansion will have very few raids. I highly doubt they would exclude those raids as the total as it would make no sense advertising wise. I would have to read it again but i dont think it said the new expansion will have 15 raids plus two bonus raid zones with "X" amount of raids. I would think if that was the case they would advertise it as having 20+ raids..

As some have mentioned. I am sure that the New Fear and Hate raids will be the new T1 loot around the current TDS level raid loot.

T2 will be a few raids in the new expansion. More than likely 5-7 raids.
  20. Peltier Elder

This does not matter Elric, when was the last time that the content was not nerfed 2-4 times .. so that any tom, richard or harry guild could down said events ?