115 Optimal Necro Lineup Grouping

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Presarc, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Presarc New Member

Hello,

I've been disappointed with my Necro this expansion except on names because everything dies so dang quick! Does anyone have a good balanced grouping lineup that they use that they're happy with?

Thanks!
  2. Presarc New Member

Basically the deal is in a 60 second fight, my Necro is doing 3-4M damage and my Wizard is doing 20M damage (comparable gear).
  3. menown Augur

The ratio sounds about right for a 30 second fight. The two should be closer in a 60 second fight, with the wizard obviously still winning.

Make sure your enhanced decay AAs are maxed. Try casting,
    Swarm
    Dissident
    Pyre
    Ignite
    Pyre
    Swarm
    Ignite
    Oblivion
    Swift
    Swift
    Swarm
    Blood

Use aura in appropriate locations. Lead with either swarm or aura. Recast aura when gone.

In full groups, I have relegated myself to puller. You can use 'rest the dead' AA to pacify most NPCs this expansion. Pull to camp, throw out a few of your best DoTs, go pull some more. When the mages, wizards, and druids run out of mana, stay in camp longer to finish up the trash.
  4. Presarc New Member

Thanks a lot! I still need 4 more points of enhanced decay but I got the big one which is I believe point 6. I'll try the rotation and see how it goes!
  5. Lichking New Member

Why does it matter for trivial content? If it’s dying so fast you can’t ramp up then it’s irrelevant.
  6. Kalipto Augur

Because he still wants to participate in the killing. I get it. This is the reason I ultimately stopped playing necro and went wtih a burst class. It's boring when you're not really participating in the killing when that's your role. I like the idea of pulling though - it's not something I'd want to get stuck doing long term.