105 Cleric looking to get her Glowing Essence on.

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Roxxanna, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Roxxanna Augur

I'm on Rathe, I want my Glowing, and I'm starting to consider removing people from the world of the living till I get one.
    I have the crystals, but not the access yet.
    Guesting has it's drawbacks, but I won't leave my guild.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Good luck to you on this.

The way that 105 runes was done this expansion was pretty awful, between the very poor drop rate on rk2's in the grp game and rk3 only dropping from 5 and the one offs initially.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

As a guest, I've seen maybe 6 drop in aprox 15 raids, and who in there right mind would give one to a guest. Kinda hoping to sit in on an Arx 5 win, so I can just buy one.
  4. Zaknaffein Augur

I have no idea what guilds are on the rathe, if any are beating calix or not but I would think as a cleric you would be able to hitch a ride on any raid.

Too bad you aren't on Cazis Server ;/ Freelance
    We use /random 1000 to distribute spells so your odds of getting one are the same as anyone else!

Can check the DKP site too and see how many/distribution is on them for us.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wow, I'm so sorry. That's gotta be horrid.
    Elricvonclief and Silv like this.
  6. Belkar_OotS Augur

Frayed knot and the silent minority allow guests to raid, earn dkp and bid with their members. Frayed knot has a maximum bid if 400 dkp for guests and inactive members which is about 2 weeks of raids. Spells have a max bid of 400, and if there are several 400 bids it goes to the player with the highest dkp total. So not super hard to get. The silent minority has silent bids with no max. Typical price is about 2 weeks of full time raids right now depending on the team. The silent minority is the only option if you want to unlock it from the vendor right now on the server.
  7. Anastasis Elder

Too bad you are on Rathe, and cannot jump back and forth.

NCM on EMarr (http://teamnecedemalice.com/portal/) has a good guests raid policy. Guest raiders earn dkp just like member, and the spells are assigned by earned dkp (both member and guest raiders are on the same footing). For guest raiders, as long as your earned dkp in 60 days are above 18 points, you are in the list of assignment, no cost.
    For other items, you just bid, the only difference is on rot loots. Guest raiders have to wait after the main members.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Some form of guest pass would be awesome. I have clerics on Emarr, but I need one for my main.
    Dang you DBG! Created a guest pass! I want to raid with everybody!
  9. Zaknaffein Augur

Eh it's not so bad really. Whatever system is used, everyone will get thier rank 3's eventually. I should add that your allowed one spell a night unless it goes to open loot or FFA. Check out this LINK here for a better idea of how loot is handled in freelance.

All the regulars are pretty close to having all thier rank 3 spells from what I can tell on who rolls for anything outside the glowing now and soon those spells will be rotting.
  10. Zalamyr Augur

The Silent Minority does guest raiders, and I think the only guild on Rathe to clear Arx 5, so your only option without guild swapping or server transfers would be to apply to guest raid with them and hope for the best.
  11. Roxxanna Augur

A server transfer and back isn't out of the question. Kinda like a week long vacation.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Roxxy, sounds like you just need access to a Arx 5 win and you already have all of the currency to buy one correct?
  13. Tour Augur

From this post, and others you've made, I get the impression you're in a family style or non-raiding guild (or one that doesn't / can't raid current content)? Yet, very clearly from this and other posts, you love raiding and get most if not all of that from another guild you guest raid with. Which it sounds like you enjoy, aside from the issue of getting spells and not having finished the expan, plus or minus other small things you mentioned in your other post.

Currency purchase of coins is a poor use of coin that could be better spent fleshing out gear or getting less commonly dropped items. And server transfer, well, those aren't exactly cheap, especially to do it twice to end up back where you started. That's a lot for a raid flag. Not to mention it still only gets you, what, one spell with the coin you have now? And weeks until you get another since it sounds like coin is your only way of getting them currently? I guess the obvious question that comes to my mind is; if you like raiding this much, why not just join a raiding guild? They come in so many different styles, approaches, capabilities, requirements, schedules, loot rules, etc that I don't doubt you'd find one that would fit you. Admittedly you'd have to leave your own guild, but considering the amount of raid centric posts you make; I'd wonder if you'd enjoy the game more? I don't mean to be intrusive, but it just seemed like the pertinent question, beyond mere spell procurement.
  14. Crystilla Augur

I can't answer for Roxxanna directly as she has her own story to tell. But I can tell you my thoughts on that (having been in a similar situation in the past).

There is real freedom in not being in the raiding guild that you raid with that you can truly never experience if you're part of said raiding guild. I was part of a roleplaying alliance and that was the best time I've ever had in my 14 years of EQ. The alliance was made up of good and evil aligned guilds, and they did allow some Ronin (non alliance guild, players) to raid with them as equals. My husband and I were accepted as Ronins.

No raiding guild I've ever seen can truly give the 'care' first to returning players, new players that a social guild can. And if you enjoy truly helping others, that in itself gives massive enjoyment. I used to run monthly contests for the server, we did aid stations, buffing stations, and even 'come to you' buffing/aid. But a player in that environment definitely can long to try raiding. That's what got me looking at Gathering of Banners. It gave me the little bit of raiding that I wanted without the pressure of doing it every time I was online or even dealing with the personalities inside the guild on a day to day basis and it kept me with where my mind/heart has always been at the time - helping people achieve their dreams in the game.

The next move I make, whenever that comes, my heart really lies toward going back to an open environment. I'd be perfectly fine doing what Roxy does, guesting on multiple guilds' raids. But I doubt those guilds have the same attitude toward mages (my husband).
  15. Roxxanna Augur

TED is family, non-raiding, it's where retired raiders from back in the day come to just peace out. I guest with several guilds, love it, the sense of teamwork, and bringing honor to my guild. Corny , but it's the truth.

Me leaving my guild would literally break the hearts of ALOT of people. May sound vain, but it's just how it is. I can't do that. I've built the guild from 25 members to over 400, Roxx belongs to TED more than she belongs to me, and having a cleric that can MGB group Surety 3 would make them proud.

I only use TDS currency for spell drops, I don't buy or bid on the gear. As silly as it may sound, the FV chop shop scares the hell out of me. I don't keep plat, krono, or anything else of value on Roxx, Magelo deleted.
  16. Roxxanna Augur

I bet you'd both be welcome Crystilla. After all, they put up with my quirky .

Must say, I like that name "Gathering of Banners" it should be an event. A cross server raid instance.
  17. Kosha Journeyman

I bet you could find some guilds willing, Crystilla. You have a reputation on the forums for being mild mannered. You're also a cleric, so taking one non-boxed mage in the packaged deal isn't asking for too much.
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

I had a quick look at the TSM web page and it looks like they are not completely against guest raiders. Have to tried speaking to them about a one off invite to Arx 5?

Even if they don't have room or aren't keen on having you along for whatever reason (and bearing in mind you're a Cleric, this seems fairly unlikely) perhaps getting added to the expedition after the event is down unlocks the 105 spells on the vendor once you zone in?
  19. Necromonious Augur

It's really not gonna happen unless you share your account info or are going to non-reputable sites and pick up a keylogger. I've never even heard of a keylogging attempt for EQ via site or email, but used to see those a lot for other MMO's

Good to be careful though
  20. Roxxanna Augur

I know the chance is low, I've never given access, my EQ laptop is only used for 2 things, EQ, and Netflix. But after I signed up for Magelo, my browser started acting funny, popping up when the pc was idle for 10-15 mins, displaying random ads, even though the browser want running in the background. Crap like that freaks me out. If they steal her, they ain't getting anything for it.