100+ TLP server idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PakaAgunn, Jan 17, 2019.

1. PakaAgunn New Member

first time posting so go easy on me. I was running around a bunch of the old school zones for my compass and saw that they were all really...desolate...saddened me because when I started playing (in 06) it was like the box said "a vast world with thousands of players" and it was. cities (well PoK but others were populated too) full of players and people asking other people for help with a quest or an epic. running around I found a lot of beautifully dead zones, just rotting, a lot of nicely put together zones just being used for the compass or epics now. NPC's still KOS to me and my pet is technically a raid mob to them lol. and before you say "just play the TLP servers" I have tried and I just hate starting over with nothing when sometimes I get off from work and just want to own some mobs. think about running through SRo again and a level 115 sand giant hits you at level 100/110, or doing a dungeon crawl (only a couple of zones I can do that in, being a 110 mage) or taking on old school open world raid mobs again with awesome drops. group or solo, I feel like this idea would bring some players back so they could relive all the old school content with their maxed toon. and we'll just do like the regular TLP servers, have an expansion come out every couple of months and when Kunark hits, new epic weapons, sorry updated epic 1.0s, as a mage I can say I would certainly like to see what kind of damage a 1.0 epic pet could do. leave all mobs in all content 100+ so even if it catches up to current expansion (TBL) it'd still be doable but just as rough and if you don't feel like going to anything new you could always do something else on any continent. limit the number of boxes allowed(?) maybe not sure. I do get tired of going LFG and not being able to join any groups because someone is boxing 5 toons and a merc, know what I'm sayin? thoughts and opinions? hopefully this idea reaches the top.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If DBG had the resources to do this, it sounds like it could be fun. Recently, Heroic Adventures that had this kind of capability were nerfed and abandoned (at least in the last two content releases). It seemed like it was a hell of a chore for the Devs to balance all that content so it wasn't completely overpowering. I hate to rain on your parade like that but I don't see this as feasible, time wise for the Devs.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

In a perfect world there would be multiple versions of all zones and quests. An item to interact with that brings up options for what level range of the specific zone you would like to enter. This would make any zone viable for at least the adventuring part of the game. It would be a tough sell expansion wise though if current loot was dropping in the 110 version of a 20 year old zone unless they made it so you have to own the expansion to loot/equip it. Or maybe you have to do a certain amount of progression in the newest expansion to unlock the highest tier of older zones and missions.

The obvious downsides to this idea are spreading high end players across the globe with already limited number of players and the biggest reality is lack of developer time. If we had the numbers and developer time was a none issue this would take the game to the next level. It would be rather difficult to get bored playing because you would have hundreds of relevant zones to pick from for the grind.
  4. PakaAgunn New Member

So given this some thought and because I saw their coming out with a hardcore heritage server and hopefully that means this make believe server I wish I could see lol, maybe have a /copy for the toon of your choice from your main server (one per account) then have a trade in system where you can trade in your gear for an off brand version until you acquire group items (at your leisure)so you don't need to turn in your gear until you get a good drop but would be wise to start the evolve) then...bring back evolving items... (So cloth cap drop would be 5k hp/mana/end and evolve it to a raid item via achievement of killing a certain raid boss) or if you like the solo play it would still be possible but take way longer to get that raid stat and have raids be like they used to, for the quest items for better evolving items (obviously better stats) and give them more aug slots (mainly because we have like 20 aug slots and only use about 5 of them) and have them evolve the same rate as merc experience and chose what to evolve (so you can evolve items and spells at the same time or, like aas, where you choose 100 experience to just spells or gear, up to you) and maybe the same with augs?). And as for aas you would have to gain a certain amount of aas in order to unlock that aa but make it to where you only unlock half of the ability (so for natural durability you have it at 6/6 but you need to gain 50 aa to unlock 3/6? Just an idea) and do it by expansion. It'd be a lot to set up but I'd rather wait a year for that server than another expansion with only 7 new zones lol. Anything else you guys would like to see in this make believe server?