1 person camping a zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, May 6, 2013.

1. Coruth Augur

"Zone" is just a perspective of size. Irrelevent to the core arguement of "Camps"

If a person is capable of handing a zone (without exploiting or lag generating) then if they were there first thats thier camp.

If you disagree, then next time you camp a named somewhere, I know you will willingly share it with whoever comes along.

First Come First Serve, IMO. If you want spawns that are camped first, you are greedy one. Regardless of how big or small the camp is.

Now in this case, Swarmer is wrong. If you were there first they shouldnt do this.

Consistancy in Logic
  2. Sinestra Augur

Rather than listen to a bunch of opinions, you can just ask the person to leave you some mobs. If they don't, petition them and let the GMs deal with it. Either they do something or they don't. The only opinions that matter really are the ones in power.
  3. Soleran Journeyman

If it was a group that was killing everything in the zone would there be a problem? Generally speaking it should be fist come first serve for exp zones.
  4. Sinestra Augur

Generally speaking if you can handle an entire zone and there is an instance of this zone you should be a decent human being and do the instance. Other than wanting to bother people or being a jerk, there are no pros to not doing an instance other than if the person you are leveling with isn't within the level range.
    Moklianne likes this.
  5. EQbud Augur

They could also be working on Hunter achievments since nameds don't spawn in instances.

There's really no way to know what they are there for unless you ask. Start with a tell. See where that goes.
    Moklianne likes this.
  6. Nedrom Augur

How can I request an instanced version of Kaesora Library? Could someone point me to an article?

Also, do the hotzone zems affect instances?
  7. Sinestra Augur

8. Jezzie Augur

That's not how I understand it. EULA does not enforce "camps", It's really up to the individual player as to whether or not they wish to respect a "camp". Any static mob is fair game.

As stated it's tougher for a PL'er to swarm as they can't get the benefactor of the PL into an instance. What would help is if links or a guide could be provided for swarming in instanced content. I'd like to think that alot of players would happily use instanced rather than face the drama of trying to swarm in a regular zone.
  9. Gladare Augur

Hotzone exp does affect instances. That's a fact. Already been tested and extremely quick and easy to test yourself.
  10. Battleaxe Augur

/tell player_01 Excuse me sir I notice you are killing large quantities of light blue mobs for experience. Could you leave because my group wants to kill large quantities of light blue mobs for experience.

Oh, you only want to kill some mobs with your 80-85 ALTS. Excuse me sir, we need to PL our alts. Could your main leave?

If someone is using content I'd like to use I go somewhere else - life is too short to get in an /ooc shouting war or sit for an hour or two waiting for a petition to be acted on. Beta is pretty nice as is MG. And there's always pwning Minos at the Mino fort. All great experience. If it's a single unique mob, I need the drop, and they do it for days on end then and only then do we chat. It's amazing how many not max level experience spots have 0 players in them.

The Hole
    Feerott
    Kaesora Library

VERY likely to have people there.
  11. FcsevenXIII Augur

The blame should go to the person who created the spells and abilities to make this possible. Head shot and decapitate are the worst thing to ever happen to EQ aside from micro-transactions.
  12. OoghaSmoochboogeyAB Journeyman

rubbish. They are fine if done correctly, and with some consideration. Most of the problems arise from selfish players. not from those abilities.
  13. OoghaSmoochboogeyAB Journeyman

Ive had some problems in kaesoralib with sks. However most are fine if you have a chat, not very often on Ab that you find more than one swarm kiter in there.....double exp weekend i guess.
    Quite often the sks there dont want to loot. AM happy to take free pp over exp....(at start of SOD the raid guilds were rushing to 100 and didnt have time for lowbie concerns like looting corpses!)

Only had one guy who sent me a tell, informing me he was camping the zone....which i ignored. He got upset and tried training me, but that didnt work as i had the mask. We had a bit of verbals, and then i XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....he wasnt a happy chap :p

Most my exp is done in tier 3 of HOT atmo. The mobs summon, so i get no competition from anyone!
  14. Langya Augur

Not greedy.

Probably Lazy. Maybe ignorant. Possibly dumb.

Those who want swarming off the radar do it in instances.
    Sinestra likes this.