1.0 or 2.0 first

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Gundolin Augur

I am actually at a stage I am ready to go back and pick up my 1.0 and 2.0 (I did my 1.5 awhile ago). And not sure which to do next. Does the 2.0 effect run on the same timer as the 1.5?
    The only thing I think I would use my 1.0 for would be for after a wipe. unless there are other uses I'm missing.

Thanks
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Cleric 2.0 is actually useful. 1.0 not so much with blessing and staff of forbidden rites.

I am sort of surprised you didn't finish your 2.0 already, but whatever.

Yes same timer.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Personally I like doing the 1.0s. I think they're the best quests in EQ and don't really feel like I've completed a character until at least the 1.0 is done.
  4. Brohg Augur

You won't use it for that. You get enough mana for 5 faster AA rezzes by just sitting a tick instead of waiting 10s for Water Sprinkler to cast.
    Gundolin likes this.
  5. Clarisa Augur

As mentioned, 1.5 and 2.0 share the same timer but 2.0 reduces the recast on the Divine Balance effect (same as 1.5) down to 3 min. which is crucial if you want to get the most use out of it.

1.0 isn't really useful for after a wipe because, as Brohg mentioned, you can resurrect people faster using the AA Rez by just waiting a tick and using Yaulp to recover the mana needed for it. We also have Superior Reviviscence, a Level 76 spell that will allow you to resurrect people over a wide area (100 feet). You do have to be out of combat to use it, and it does have a fairly lengthy cast time (24 sec), mana cost (7200), and a long memorization timer, but with a VP/QM/Rod and Forceful Rejuvenation (to reset spell gems and eliminate the memorization timer), a cleric can usually cast it and resurrect everyone in short order. Even without AOE Rez, assuming the priests and paladins in your raid all have Rez Sticks, people should be resurrected fast enough after a wipe.

The only situation where 1.0 would be useful would be if you were OOM and under a constant mana drain (meaning you would never recover mana). The AA Rez requires a small amount of mana, so it wouldn't be an option in that situation and you'd be forced to use mana-free options like the Staff of Forbidden Rites (more commonly known as the 'Rez Stick'), a Rez Token, or the 1.0 to resurrect anyone. I have yet to encounter a situation like that, though, so I wouldn't go out of your way to get a 1.0 just for it. I think completing 1.0 might be required to get the 1.0 Epic Request Ornamentation (the Water Sprinkler), though, so if you'd like to have that to use for an ugly 1HB, you might want to do it eventually.

After getting your 2.0, assuming you have no other gear needs and have people willing to help you, I would recommend getting a Staff of Forbidden Rites/Rez Stick from the Old Man McKenzie missions in PoK, though. It's not commonly recommended for clerics because we have the AA Rez, but it can be useful in certain situations. The AA Rez has a short recast to it, so if you need to resurrect 2 people as quickly as possible there will be a few seconds delay involved. If you had a Rez Stick, though, you could cast AA Rez --> Rez Stick to resurrect 2 people much faster. The Rez Stick also immediately allows you to resurrect someone the moment after you are resurrected from a death because it requires no mana. Without it, you'd need to wait for a tick of mana to use the AA Rez unless you use VP/QM/Rod. It's not a huge difference in time, and the Rez Stick has a 30 sec recast that prevents you from using it too often, but in a near-wipe situation it can be useful. I should also mention that the Rez Stick provides a "worse" resurrection with a 90% exp return but no one should be complaining about that in a near-wipe situation since getting back into the fight sooner should be more important than exp return to most people.

Again, I doubt any raid teams actually require a Rez Stick for clerics (we don't), and I'm not suggesting you go out of your way to get it but if you can, I think it's a worthwhile thing to have if you're the type who wants to be optimally prepared for every situation.
    Gundolin likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

...which is, in turn, a prerequisite for getting the cleric Retelling ornament, Light:

[IMG]
    Gundolin likes this.
  7. Gundolin Augur

Ok an even dumber question. If I self rez and imediately VP/QM it eats the VP/QM and I get no mana, if I am rezzed or called by someone else it works fine, and if I wait for death effects to wear off it works fine. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
  8. Gundolin Augur

True, there is unfortunately a vast list of things I haven't gone back and done yet. I am pretty complete CoTF+ but I'm missing a lot before that. And I wouldn't be shocked if you were to find a critical that I am missing post CoTF.

TBH, I don't use my 1.5 often enough, I'm just now working it in to a more regular cast, often its what I use when OOM after a rez. But I always appreciate advice, sometimes I make up questions just cause Clarisa will tell me things I didn't know I didn't know. :)
  9. Gundolin Augur

10. Chaosflux Augur

It's great for healing people who are DA, curing certain detrimental effects, and just generally being useful for the balance.

Also like clar said get a rez stick. If for no other reason then to 90% those who get bent over 6% and the quick cast/recast/mana free nature.

While you are getting clickies. Get the Atone clicky from Chardok, memblur is helpful to have on hand without having it memmed... and very reasonable rate of landing.

Hell can usually find one in the Baz, or atleast on Xegony I did.
    Gundolin likes this.
  11. Pootle Elder

Even if it sits in your bank, I would still go back and get your 1.0
    From a usefulness point of view, getting your 2.0 is probably going to be better for you, but don't pass on the enjoyment and lore of doing your original epic.

I have mules who stand in POK holding tradeskill items who have their 1.0, simply because I enjoy going back and running through these quests.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Are you actually accepting the resurrection? If you just return to bind you end up with Revival sickness which limits your mana to 20%.
    If you get a resurrection you end up with resurrection sickness which does not limit your mana.

It really sucks to blow a staunch recovery with revival sickness up.