Kronos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EverChanter, Oct 19, 2012.

1. doktartp Augur

Game cards are used for more then just game time, they are a commodity, some people do not have access to them, let alone walmart cards (20.00 of SC >17.99 btw)
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

The big change is it eliminates (claimed) scams and resulting petitions. Buy Krono off a /trader, done.
  3. Ultio New Member

Both the plural and singular form is Krono, not Kronos. So the grammar is fine.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I don't see how that's the case. Every Krono must be purchased from SOE with real cash. You can then consume it, give it away or trade it for in-game plat but they always originate from SOE with real cash.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

In your posts you are ignoring the following:

So it is actually possible to buy the Krono for less than $17.99 each; perhaps even as low (or lower) than $14.99 each.
  6. Kreacher Augur

It's simple really,
    Station Cash is now worthless due to the Double/Triple, Walmart promotions.
    They need $$, so they've introduced Krono. They'll again entice you to buy Krono with Double, Triple Krono promotions. Once folks have stocked up on those,
    Then they'll introduce Bongo's. You will be able to trade Krono's for a Bongo , at a rate of 100:1. Or if you wish you can just buy Bongo's directly from the marketplace at the cheap price of $17.99. (US of course) - this of course doesn't actually have a bearing on the actual cost of a 30day subscription, but obviously there is a lot of work involved in a digital transaction.

Then they'll bring in Japeto's and Mojito's. Ok i do jest about the last one.
    Geroblue and EverChanter like this.
  7. ITPalg New Member

What is dollars.
    or
    What are dollars.

I see nothing wrong.
  8. ITPalg New Member

You must be playing a different game then.

There is nothing crooked and horrible in Eve due to this setup.

If you make the money in-game, then you can buy the PLEX to play for "free". Want some cash? Buy a PLEX (in this case KRONO) and sell on the market. Only difference is since you have to train your skills in real time in Eve, you can't just buy what ever you want and expect to use what ever you want right away.

Everything is done through CCP's secure method. I see no way of any scamming. If you directly trade through a station and click ACCEPT without checking what you are accepting, then it is YOUR FAULT for accepting something without checking. Nothing in the game has the same icon as PLEX either so you can't be scammed. Buying directly from the market makes it impossible to scam.
  9. Shang Augur

It's a good idea.
  10. Fuzzbuttle Journeyman

so they cant be traded between players only sold on the /baz ? if so that's fine but if people can buy from other players directly via mail or whatever there's going to be some scamming going on, and yea i do play eve acctually it does happen peeps get scammed for plex all day every day
  11. Riou EQResource

They say you can trade them, yes, watch what others put in if you're worried
  12. Absor Developer

These things are going to be pretty secure. There is a lot of tracking going on, even more than is done for all the other items in game. I'm not sure where you got the idea we were not commiting to them. Once created and in game, there isn't more commitment we can make... :p

A
  13. Fuzzbuttle Journeyman

only concern i have is that they will become horribly overpriced, and it will still remain cheaper just to use game time cards, people get greedy regardless
  14. Orablast Elder

I really like this idea. There might be times when I won't mind buying Kronos for cash and selling it for a quick 100k for armor materials. Or I can farm the plat and buy the Kronos for friends as gifts, or personal cyber favors.
  15. Cakvala Augur

I agree this will hurt plat farmers overall.
  16. ITPalg New Member

There is nothing in your statement that proves that Eve Online players are scammed directly from the market. I already showed the only way it can be scammed: Through direct player trading and the inability of the receiver to check the item first, and even then NOTHING on the market looks like a PLEX so you would have to be blind.
  17. Fury Journeyman

It's 'cause of this:

Q. Is this a permanent part of the game?
    A. Not yet. Initially, we will release Krono as a trial program. We will watch to see how they are embraced and used. If the trial is successful, we will continue the program and roll them out to new games.
  18. Moklianne Augur

Not questioning your commitment to them, but I did read that this was being implemented on a trial basis.
  19. NaVi7512 Elder

Yeah, so far i like this idea.

Also this going to allow ppl who cant get a recurring membership because SoE billing system is goofed (like me) be able to buy game time.
  20. Piestro Augur

We are not planning to increase the monthly rates at this time. The latter guess is something that was discussed internally. :)
    Geroblue likes this.