Kronos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EverChanter, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So what do you do for people who trade them for other in game items? And yes people would go to a two trade system to get around the tax system and for some people there would be no risk at all of being ripped off. No matter what how you look at it any system put in place to put a plat tax on these would be very easy to get around making it only hurt a portion of the player base.

Edit: Also don't forget all the extra time that would be required to add in the code in order to support this not to mention with trades there can be more involved then just the Krono and you don't know if the Krono is actually what is being traded or if it is just a gift from one player to another.
  2. CocoaNut Elder

Again, I point you to the paying for convenience issue. It's how the bazaar works in the first place.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What convince? Should there be a tax on all purchases in the bazaar?

Edit: And do you really think they want to add in a more secure system for trading game time only to add in "Taxes" that would discourage people from using it?
  4. Jilarak Elder

i know of a few friend's on my server that have been ripped off
    buying sc card's for lots of pp..i think buying these krono's for game time is a good idea
    and take's away that worry for people that buy card's in game
  5. CocoaNut Elder

Again, if extra cost deterred people, they wouldn't use the Bazaar. Have you not noticed the difference in prince between /buyers and /traders? Or the difference in price between /auction and the both of them?

That's how the Bazaar works in the first place. Adding a tax to trades and bazaar purchases for Krono wouldn't change it. People would still use that option.
  6. Piestro Augur

Not yet for EQ. The first implementation was EQII, I'm sure there will be a few lessons learned.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

100k for $8 is the approx. going rate of plat on 3rd party sites. People pay about that much for 1- month game cards (200-250k at most); unless SC purchased Kronos cards are comparable, they'll be left out. Unless of course Sony starts tracking anytime you receive 100k or more in a trade.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Plus it would have an inflationary effect. If I have one to sell, for 200K, I expect 200K back. If I'm getting 180K back (minus the 10% tax), I'll bump up the cost an additional ~22K plat to cover my loss in tax. Pass it on to the consumer.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Are we taxing the new trading system?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The Bazaar doesn't have a tax system and the price is set by who uses it which is a different crowd then who uses /auction. As for the difference between /buy and /trader that is just the difference between buying low and selling high. Of course /buyer is going to be lower then /trader otherwise people would just go straight to the person in buyer to unload items. You also need to remember that people who use /trader can set the items for higher then they might sell in auction because they will be able to advertise the items for a longer period of time then they can in /auction for little effort,
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Need to be able to do both at once.. buying a high-level tradeskill item (mysterious loams, for example) for 2k, selling at 8k... or so. ;)
  12. CocoaNut Elder

I addressed this. Many times.

I am aware of the first (as I mentioned... many times), and already addressed the latter. People pay more for Bazaar gear because it's convenient. They can buy when they want. They sell for less to /buyers because they can sell when they want.

Hence, people paying for convenience. It's how the Bazaar works in the first place. As I said. Many times.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People also pay less in the bazaar because people want to unload the item quickly, and truthfully the reason you probably see items for more money in the bazaar is because the people with the cheaper items get sold out while people who sell them for more take longer to unload them. Really the only convenience of the bazaar is for the sellers as they can have their items hit a larger audience as they don't have to be at the keyboard spamming an auction channel all the time. Why do we need to make the bazaar more expensive for people to use? There is really no reason to claim its more convenient and should make people pay more. All your idea would do is drive people away from using the bazaar and find other ways to buy and sell krono to get around the tax.
  14. Koutarou Elder

There's already a huge amount of data on how this sort of item affects an in-game economy. CCS releases a LOT of specific numbers about market pricing of pretty much every resource in Eve, PLEX included (as well as the amount of main game-currency entering the economy monthly).

Mining through those reports makes for interesting reading.
  15. sula Augur

actually, i don't think people will scam each other any more than they do now - i am only afraid that the krono wont take off because of the price. i think basically the idea is good. as for selling it for real money, people put game cards and lon cards on ebay all the time
  16. sula Augur

yeah i agree. people often start out making money when a product is new, but it is about supply and demand. the more that floods the bazaar, the cheaper it will be. personally i like the bazaar system as it is, but i also like the idea of being able to buy form anywhere without having to go to the bazaar. kind of like it is on eq2. i know it took awhile to make this promise happen because of the coding in eq. be glad when they figure it out.
  17. sula Augur

where do you get that $20 = 17.99? not that it isn't close, but when i hit add funds on my marketplace, i see $20 buys me 2000. that is $ per 100 points. there is a tax of course, like there is on everything. the $17.99 will also be taxed.
  18. EverChanter Augur

So, SoE DOES plan to charge more than the monthly sub price for Kronos, discuss...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/31/everquest-ii-adds-krono-tokens-to-store/

Another classic move by SoE if you ask me. Why someone would PAY more for a subscription just for the option of giving it to a friend or trading for plat is beyond me. First, they would never do micro transactions (smed back tracked on that one he figured out he could make money on it), now they are offering a way to people to essentially buy plat. How does one even give these to someone who isn't currently playing without breaking the EULA? SoE has made it hard for people who are silver/free to buy these (it's ironic that Piestro suggested that people should buy a months subscription as an option to get them before going back to silver. So, you're suggesting someone spends $15 in order to also get access to something that costs $17...

I think the best part is looking at the EQ2 site for it, where it states the "most popular" option is buying 5 for $84.99...popular for an item JUST NOW being put in the game eh...
    http://www.everquest2.com/krono
  19. Trajet D'Or Augur

Well of course it's the most popular, who would buy 2 for $17 each when they can buy 5 for $17 each?

If you want to get into decimal places it costs more per Krono to buy 25 at a time than 2 at a time.
  20. Maxamo New Member

LOL