Finally got those pointy hats....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by pimp_zilla, Oct 20, 2012.

1. demoria7 Elder

Great News.... I love my pointy hat but would like to see the hair from under it, not a fan of bald toons :)
    Dzarn likes this.
  2. Trazzlo Elder

Yes to showing hair! It is irritating to pay 1200 points to get a pointy hat and then not have hair. Even more irritating is that you can go to the Face options on the Inventory window and put your hair back. Then you zone, and you have to do it all over. So it does work (hair and hat) but they turn hair off when zoning.
    Dzarn likes this.
  3. Trazzlo Elder

Why is there doubt? It's easy to put the hair back. Is it perfect? No, a small amount shows through the hat, but it looks far less stupid than a bald character.
    Dzarn likes this.
  4. FcsevenXIII Augur

Well it was fun until I zoned into lobby and saw a million other people with one on. I took mine off, destroyed it, and said "that was fun for the whole day it lasted."
  5. Elenwyyi Augur

Would it be possible to get even bigger hairstyles this way? Like some gravity defying magic hair?
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. Tarrin Augur

Everquest 80s night?
  7. JERUS Augur

I want to be the first wood elf with an Afro.
    Sinestra, Straahdx and Pirlo like this.
  8. Treesong Elder

"Mmmmm, yes, yes............Griffindoooorrrr!!!"
    Sinestra and Cakvala like this.
  9. Cakvala Augur

I was thinking the same thing when I was playing with the Hat in different illusions, Wigs can be the best solution for these seasonal hats.

I would suggest everyone (male and female) get white hair for the upcoming Santa inspired hat?
  10. Spinstun Journeyman

Has anyone ever seen the movie Critters?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sinestra like this.
  11. Sinestra Augur

Have you guys looked more into the bug that caused body parts to disappear with the early addition of Heroes Forge and how you could use something like that to make the HF items less bulky? If so has anything come of that?

I ask because a lot of the stuff you guys are doing is great and it would be even better less bulky so it's exciting.
  12. Kihlgore New Member

Still waiting on a cowboy hat for my Sk
  13. Absor Developer

The explanation is, EQ has its problems. :)

For now, you can very temporarily restore your hair when the hat takes it away. Open inventory and modify your hair to restore it. Unfortunately that will go away when you zone. It's a problem we know about.

A
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. jarsh92 Elder

Has anyone else noticed how the hat doesn't fit some races correctly? ie, on my drakkin, the hat is pretty small on his head and looks like he is wearing a child sized hat, but on my gnome, the hat is much bigger and even covers the gnomes eyes.

So far it looks like it fits the dark elfs the best. Also looked pretty good on my kitty.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

Still love the hats BTW.....
  15. Cakvala Augur

I saw Halloween when i look at that.
  16. Cakvala Augur

EQ has problems? nooooo. I WILL NOT believe that!
  17. Endaar Augur

Thanks for the response. I'm hoping that since the engine is obviously capable of drawing both hat and hair, that the code changes necessary to force it to do so aren't too time consuming.

Endaar
  18. JERUS Augur

I have to say the robes and hats imo are great. I'm not a fan of any of the armor but these new things really show the potential of the system.

I still want a lute on my back, and I'm sure rangers would love a quiver. A hood would be cool as well. I do hope something can be figured out so they can make some sleeker armor, The current stuff is just so bulky, I already hate plate looks =b I don't understand how i run so fast in it.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Goku hair!
  20. JERUS Augur

No kamahamaha for monks!