Finally got those pointy hats....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by pimp_zilla, Oct 20, 2012.

1. pimp_zilla New Member

Not exactly how I thought they would be, but hell this is a momentous occasion!
    Post your character sporting witch hat!

(I also really like the Jack O Lantern helmet, awesome work devs!)
    [IMG]
    Cakvala likes this.
  2. Cakvala Augur

I want to get all of the ornamentations, I wish they were placeable in your house. That be an awesome collectable.
  3. Recnarp Augur

Have you played Team Fortress 2? I feel EQ is gonna start heading in that direction. (already has with some of the ridiculous weapon ornaments)
  4. pimp_zilla New Member

lol that is always inevitable, best to relish the moment while it's still fresh!
  5. Amaranth New Member

The pointy hats make the ladies look bald, unless they're Erudite. Stupid.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pointy hat is too far over Erudites face
  7. Cakvala Augur

hahaha .. thats great.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Sometimes it is impossible to please people.
    Dzarn and Sinestra like this.
  9. Koveras Elder

Yes, Wizards with Pointy Hats, now if only they made it so it would still show hair flowing down the Pointy Hats for some of the Wizards, I be more happy.
  10. Bernardv Journeyman

It would be nice to have the option to show hair with any ornamentation. However, due to current models I think this would be very hard to do. However, they could have ornamentation with "wigs" meaning that they is hair coming with the hat. That would mean that they would have do do a few different ones of the same (ie hat with grey hair, hat wit red hair, hat with blond hair, etc).
  11. Cloudia Augur

CakvalaElder

Now that would be something to creat in game studio, an in house item HatRack that would display head ornamets, maybe on old helmets. Collect a bunch of low end defiant helms for your class insert ornaments and have them visable on the stand.
  12. Donroy Elder

Anyone have pics of the other hats? I run old character models so I can't see what they look like but I'm still intrigued. Also, do I need HF to see them in game or just need the Luclin models turned on?

Edit: Nevermind, alla has pics of each. Good stuff.
  13. Riou EQResource

Need luclin models turned on and hero's forge set to display

We posted all the halloween ones like 10 days ago: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=1128
  14. Oloren New Member

Ok, I've been waiting for pointy hats for 12 years. Got mine yesterday! Dmitry would be speechless.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Naeeleu Elder

[IMG]Mummy Love it
    Andarriel likes this.
  16. Endaar Augur

As much as it's nice to finally have a pointy hat, the loss of hair it causes kills it for me. Has it been explained at some point in the past why one precludes the other?
    Dzarn likes this.
  17. Piemastaj Augur

I love getting pointy hats, but I do have to agree not having hair with it equipped sux. Hopefully there is a fix in the works or possibly an upgraded version similar to robes.
    Dzarn likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As it is called a witches hat it should have flowing black/grey hair out the bottom of it
  19. Tobynn Augur

At this point, I am assuming the witch hat stripping away the characters hair is intentional. Pumpkin cap also strips away character hair. I have seen complaints from enough race/gender combos that it cannot possibly be just an oversight that wasn't caught by Q&A.

The mummy hat is also so tight fitting on some races that I don't see how it could possibly hide a character's hair. Hair is probably intentionally stripped off with this ornament as well, otherwise the hair would predictably protrude through the wrappings on nearly every hair style.
  20. Therisa Elder

Since the hat causes the hair to disappear completely someone could take it even further and make entirely new hairstyles out of helm augments.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  21. Drathos_BotS Elder

From Fan Faire more and much better pointy Hats will be coming soon.