Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Venuhm, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Brickhaus Augur

You're the same guy who at work said "Why is there maternity leave, I never get pregnant." aren't you?

I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone enjoys the game the same way you do. Actually, do you even enjoy the game? You seem to have more fun playing with your little friends in Discord with animal gifs.
  2. kizant Augur

Lol yeah it is good for that and I do sell some random TS drops to buyers early in the expansion since I don't use the stuff much myself and they go for a ridiculous amount.

EQ Discord is fun and informative.

I'd enjoy EQ more if it didn't cater so much to top end raiders or people who box 6 accounts. I'd like to see alternative ways for everyone to obtain the best spells and gear for their class via more group and/or solo content. Plus having the bazaar as an extra option. Leave titles and ornaments and achievements for the status symbols.
  3. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Classic and most of Kunark was 100% tradable gear. No trade started with Velious, which is also when epics were introduced.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, the original game and one expansion was fully tradeable while the remaining 29 expansions contained a mixture of tradeable and non tradable items with the number of tradeable items decreasing over time. So while it is true that when the game launched they didn't have the idea of non tradeable items that hasn't been the case for most of the games history.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Epics were introduced with Kunark.
    There are No Trade items in Kunark and not just Epic related items.
    Nennius and CdeezNotes like this.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

So confidently wrong. Impressive.

Please tell me you never been to VP without saying you have.
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

Don't collections lead to trophies? Those increase player power. Increased player power = better at killing mobs.

TS items...make gear. Gear helps people kill stuff. How are you that short sighted in your statements?
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Achievement for all Collections generally have a bag-like reward. Max size available for that expansion, I think. Some Collections of collections have other rewards that are not combat related.

There are tradeskill quests that have the very good/useful items (maybe BIS) for their expansions and the reward is No Trade so can't be done by someone else.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As far as tradeskills go you can sell the items needed for the combine as well as the containers for them in a lot of cases. Generally there is only 1 no trade part in making the TS items in recent expansions.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Those aren't TS quests which is why I specifically noted 'quests' vs other created items.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are still parts you can purchase for those quests and those would be a much smaller market then the TS items.
  12. Buds Augur

No idea how anyone can play on any other server than FV. That no drop stuff is non sense.
    Schadenfreude and Fenthen like this.
  13. fransisco Augur

eq discord can be informative, but its also incredibly clicky, and attacks many who disagree with the consensus. Honestly I miss more web boards. Discord is not a good venue for info because only the current conversation matters.It became popular because no moderation is needed, anything said a few hours ago gets buried and forgotten.

That same reason why mods run discords is the same reason why its a terrible means for information - anything said hours ago (much less days ago) is basically gone. There is only a single thread of discussion, you can't have lots of topics going. No one uses the search function in discord and its kinda silly when people pretend its a valid means. You get a clunky list of a gigant thread to parse through, often filled with random gifs and crap. Plus nothing can be added to old conversations because its always a single converasation only.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then you stay on your server and we will stay on ours. :)

Everyone is happy. :)
    Conq and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Brickhaus Augur

Honestly, it's a stance like that which make me not want to play on FV.

It's somehow fitting that FV is similar in concept to a trap.
    Conq and fransisco like this.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I understand your point, but it’s so nice moving around the loot you earned between any of your characters. Even, raids move faster since you can just loot and distribute later.

It’s really nice when a game gives players freedom to make decisions.
    Buds and Fenthen like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is great that you like it but others prefer that you can't just buy all the top raid gear and it is just a matter of having enough plat/krono to become fully geared up.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

A) Clearly, people do otherwise Krono wouldn’t exist.
    B) You don’t need plat/Krono to get raid gear.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A. I never said that everyone felt that way, just that some do and krono are used for things besides buying BIS items.
    B. I never said that was the only way to get raid gear, just that it is an option mainly available on free trade servers as otherwise you are just buying loot rights from someone.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You make no mention of that in your post. I suggest you edit to be more clarifying.