No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

I found FTE to range from a total non-issue to mildly annoying. And I never had any FTE interactions with other people. I stuck to my self mostly and never had to tag race with anyone (I don't generally DPS race either). It bugged out more than once though and the delay to attacking was meh. Oh and it bugged out charm, did they ever fix that?
  2. Bumkus Elder

what is FTE?
  3. Binskie New Member

I can't remember if it meant first to engage or failed to entice.
    Doze and AzzlannOG like this.
  4. Jojogo New Member

why are we still talking about a failed mechanic. Fte is dead, anyone still wanting it can play jokewynd or go to another dead game that died due to fte.
  5. Doze Augur

FTE = Failed Tagging Experiment
    /duck
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Bartholomo Journeyman

I just wanted to let you guys know that yes, there are people who try to weaponize customer service, but I have had mostly positive run in's in those situations. Yes, I will possibly get a suspension, but no, it normally does NOT hold up after I have spoken with customer service myself. Also, do yourself a favor and always record in the background when its a very busy day in Chardok, Sebillis, or KC if you are that worried about someone being a you-know-what. On top of all of that, customer service rarely if ever has the type of time to worry about every little petition. Therefor whoever is reporting you has to have some pretty heavy evidence OR you have been reported by multiple people all in the span of an hour or two. Its not all as bad as some people make it seem.

Bottom line - Yes, it happens. But not very often. And no, its not as serious as others lead you to believe.
  7. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

It's happened to me twice in that last couple of years, on completely different servers, oddly by a guy with the same name, Discord.

Prior to that, only thing that really sticks out in my mind is a guy named Sachi rolling up, saying "MINE" and then proceeding to train us.
  8. fransisco Augur

I think it'd be awesome if someone could turn FTE on for thier characters. Maybe you have to do it in a starting city or whatever.
    That way, you can't get KS'd and stuff.
  9. Celatusp99 Augur

I don't care about ksing personally. Training people is more of a problem but fte did not really solve that as from time to time you would get trained and have mobs you could not even cc or kill. FTE was just all around a nightmare. I'm glad its gone I wish people advocating for its return would take a broader look at its negative impact.
    Doze likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

This ignores the incredible good it also did. You would rarely have that bug, but how many times per session did you not get trained to death instead?
  11. Celatusp99 Augur

I never got trained to death. It did not do incredible good it was a tool used to grief as much as it prevented if not more. Training is bad but there are solutions to it FTE was not it.
    AzzlannOG likes this.