PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Celatusp99 Augur

Find other zones, The zones you were in were bad zones anwyay. It does hurt me and I am neither a pler or a purchaser. We just ae for fun and exp and now thats gone. There had to be other ways but this is the route they are going.
  2. SnapVine Augur

looks like you're the one who has to "find new zones"
    fransisco and Celatusp99 like this.
  3. Celatusp99 Augur

I did not ae in popular zones so Now you're going to have to deal with me pulling in popular zones instead of aeing some place else. Its lose lose.
    SnapVine likes this.
  4. Doze Augur

The crazy and the hyperbole belongs entirely to you and all others like you that have been aggressively defending the decision to nerf some classes in a way that will leave EQ with even fewer options to handle content in different ways beyond the melee myopic "tank and spank" method.
    And I have never defended PBAE PLers laying claim to entire zones.
  5. Celatusp99 Augur

That and if you cant poach enough mobs to make an ae group leave you're just bad. They can't pull whats dead. I hope this does kill em though so they don't have to make more stupid nerfs. But it wont I have already cooked up plenty of ways around this and so will they so inc more drastic nerfs to kill something most players prolly don't want killed.
  6. Trevalon Augur

I mean, semantics aside, if your pulling 31+ mobs at a time and aeing them down, your a PBAE Plvler...your just doing it for yourself and not charging for it, but as far as zone disruption goes you are no better than they are.

This from someone who has 6 boxed and PBAE Plvled myself and friends through zones in the past (How I miss AC).
  7. SnapVine Augur

you just promised i was going to have to "deal with you," but now i wont because there are plenty of way around it? sigh
  8. Doze Augur

Indeed, one of my arguments last year against the FTE mechanism (before it went live) was that it would (and did) prevent regular players from doing exactly what you describe.

Yeah, that is also my main argument against this PBAE nerf (and other nerfs like it).
    That it will probably hurt regular players and EQ as a whole more than it will hurt the PLers.
  9. Doze Augur

There is no "semantics" about what I wrote*. It is not PL'ing when everyone involved is participating actively (in a meaningful manner) and gaining XP for themselves.
  10. Celatusp99 Augur

No I'm saying more nerfs inc. Sorry you're still going to have to deal with me.
    SnapVine likes this.
  11. SnapVine Augur

sounds great, but if you have a lot of ways to get around the nerf why don't you just use them and keep AE'ing?
  12. Celatusp99 Augur

Because they obviously want ae groups to go away. Antagonizing them is just going to cause more nerfs which I guess some people are going to do anyway. I don't mean I have a way around the 30 cap just a way to keep doing the same thing we were doing within the 30 cap.
  13. fransisco Augur

Well congrats to Teel and Tormax, getting this in before they open. Gonna be a huge quality of life change for everyone.
  14. Celatusp99 Augur

Yeah FTE was so bad.
  15. fransisco Augur

Uhhh huh? I mean the PBAE fix keep a group from camping an entire zone. FTE was good for the normal players, just a problem for those who couldn't ks/train anymore
  16. Celatusp99 Augur

No thats not at all true.
  17. Intercept Augur

They will just have to be better/faster then you, should be fine.

Also the people who need to xp on a time frame are the ones who will be leaving and /picking cause their measure their time in $ while they rest of us are playing a game.

The limit is awesome and I'm excited for this change.
  18. Vetis Augur

AE mez already has a cap. The Kurn's SoD will be unaffected by this change.
    fransisco likes this.
  19. Zansobar Augur

AE PLing not only causes zone disruption, but it takes players away from being in the pool of possible groupmates for others trying to level up. That is the other anti-social aspect that hurts others. Same reason boxing hurts others. It's all connected.
  20. Doze Augur

Max level? Yes
    Max range? Yes
    Max targets? No

Ensorcelling Wave (lvl84 PBAE mez)
    Under Raw Data "maxtargets" = 0 (=unlimited)

edit: corrected wrong lvl spell (same deal though)