QA In Progress Cannot see the ground spawns to pick up in the Silent Hall in Shards Landing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Silver, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Silver New Member

From my petition that was not fixed by deleting files suggested so I was told to post here... Why the copy and paste showed up as white print is stupid.

On my 100 heroic character on Bristlebane, I cannot see the Small Crystal Shards in the Silent Hall in Shards Landing to pick it up to turn into Overseer Drent to complete the Welcome to Shards Landing quest on Bristlebane server today. I also noticed that I could not see the Believer's Private Notes on the ground in the Silent Hall either. I did look and could see some of the other of the 10 pages for Councilman Nostulia's quest Words of the Unspoken but could not see Council Minutes, Page of a High Guard's Diary and Sentry's Log. The other 6 I was able to see and pick up.

I was able to do these two quests with no problem early morning before the patch on the Rathe server with no problems on another of my accounts.

Today at 12:23
    I cannot see the Small Crystal Shards in the Silent Hall to be able pick it up so that I can turn it in to Overseer Drent in order to finish the Welcome to Shards Landing Quest. I also noticed that I cannot see the Believer's Private Notes in the Silent Hall either, though I did look for another of the ground spawn books in another room in the underground city and was able to see it on a table.
    Yinla, Earle, DamonKord and 6 others like this.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I edited your original post to fix the white text for you.
  3. Silver New Member

Thank you, though I would really like it even more if I could see all the ground spawns in the underground city and completely my 2 quests.
  4. Gialana Augur

Is it possible you're looking in the wrong spot? There are 3 out of place shards in the Silent Hall, I think. I always pick up this one (the white-looking thing):

[IMG]

And the Believer's Private Notes is the black book below the closes stoic believer:

[IMG]

I remember I recently tried to help someone with a ground spawn for an anniversary quest. Even though I could see the ground spawn on their server, that person couldn't. I don't know if he/she was ever able to see it.
  5. Silver New Member

Thank you for your response Gialana but I assure you that I know where the ground spawns are located and I have done the quests for every single one of my characters 85 or over on my 3 accounts and 4 servers that I play on save this newly raised 100 heroic character on Bristlebane. Above, on my initial post, I noted that I completed the quests early Wednesday morning before the patch on my new 100 heroic character one of my one of my other accounts. Very kind of you to try to help me out and that is the shard I normally pick up also.
    Yinla, Averil and Gialana like this.
  6. Averil New Member

I happen to run into Silver in the Silent Hall. I was able to loot the Small Crystaline Shard on the ground that he couldn't see.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Something definitely got changed in the patch, graphics-wise. It probably has to do with trying to fix the exploding/kalaidoscope effect in certain zones. The merc quest guy in Hero's Forge now just looks like a black, featureless, shiny blob for me when he had really cool looking, detailed armor prior to the patch.

This may be why you can't see something that you could before.
  8. Mordennin New Member

9. Silver New Member

I wanted to let you know that I this evening when I logged into the game, I was able to see the items that I previously could not see. I was able to complete the two quests. Thank you for fixing the problem.
  10. Mordennin New Member

Any information on how this was resolved, and whether the issue is related to the spawns that I can't see (Shar Vahl, 23rd anniv quest -- link 2 posts above)? I checked and I still cannot see the torch spawn. I didn't check the April 25th anniv tower mission, where I can't see the torches there either. If I think of it I guess I'll run to Shard's Landing and see if I can see the ground spawns there.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the tower, when you enter the room, I found the torches behind us and kind of behind the door. Like turn around so your facing the door, step to the right a little, take another step and then look down

Sounds like its a setting really, cause the torches have the flame graphic.