Anyone wanna share some tank dps parses?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Dalrek_MM, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Ozon Augur

I am not saying that it's not a good event to parse, I am saying that yes it shows SKs *can* pump DPS, but this is a very specific instance. In addition this parse does seem to indicate your DPS wasn't putting in a ton of effort. Maybe burns were down, maybe group make up whatever. It's just not a good indicator of the potential the DPS classes can pump.

And no I don't typically run parses, so I don't have a good one to post from SK perspective, I could steal one but it will basically show DPS classes making me look sad panda.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

We frequently split Bidils kinda deep, so raid comp can flop around wildly? Past couple weeks I've been in one that was caster heavy

Combined (8): Hand of the King in 275s, 26.28B Damage @95.56M, 1. Wiz +Pets = 1.25B@4.87M in 257s {GM7} | 2. Nec +Pets = 1.10B@4.04M in 272s {GL} | 3. Wiz +Pets = 1.06B@4.05M in 261s {GM} | 4. Bst +Pets = 1.05B@3.87M in 271s {G} | 5. Wiz +Pets = 1.01B@3.78M in 266s {GM}

and another that was melee heavy (but still had a (different) wiz at #1)

Combined (6): Hand of the King in 308s, 25.88B Damage @84.03M, 1. Wiz +Pets = 1.33B@4.45M in 299s {MG} | 2. Mnk = 1.26B@4.16M in 303s {G} | 3. Ber +Pets = 1.14B@3.88M in 295s {7D} | 4. Ber +Pets = 1.06B@3.47M in 305s {G} | 5. Mnk = 964.01M@3.14M in 307s
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its so hard to compare event parses. So many factors can change things for tanks. Like, here are three artisan raids. On this one:

Combined (21): Ogna, Artisan of War in 127s, 311.52M Damage @2.45M, 1. Abazzagorath +Pets = 311.52M@2.34M in 133s

We were tank heavy, I was in a group with a bard and wasn't listed on the add list, so was tanking probably 1 add at a time and using 2her the whole time.

This one:

Combined (17): Ogna, Artisan of War in 112s, 94.98M Damage @848.00K, 1. Abazzagorath +Pets = 94.98M@818.75K in 116s

We were tank light and was using 1her and tanking probably 4-5 at at time for much or it, no bard.

This one was similar with being focused on tanking adds, but SKs were on the ball and wasn't able to get more than one add at a time:

Combined (6): Ogna, Artisan of War in 93s, 38.64M Damage @415.49K, 1. Abazzagorath = 38.64M@411.07K in 94s

Probably had a bunch of lag and mobs not swinging or rubber banding, even though it was burned down faster.

So 3 events, I'm doing the same thing in two of them and the dps is 100% different, and then obviously one with just ONE adps class in my group but using 2hers, and there you go. Think about SKs preferring to use 2hers while tanking vs paladins mostly using 1h/shield in raid environment, and that's probably the real difference in SK/PAL dps. But we're ALL dependent on ADPS to a large degree.

Most events I'm glancing through, I don't have ANY adps other than AE stuff, if I'm not needing to use a shield, I'm probably doing between 1.0-1.8 million for current raid events. So I think why people are harping on that parse above, is there are real dps classes falling into that same range which is crazy. That necro at the bottom should be ashamed.
  4. Galvanize Lorekeeper

Really cool to see casters in the top spots, definitely not what I'm used to seeing on my server's raid groups. I'm glad to see the faster kill times because it lets me 'adjust' DPS based on those faster times if that makes sense?

I can't account for raid comp/buff uptimes but I can at least approximate by fight time by shortening the time that EQLP measures an encounter at.
    At your 275s Kill time it looks like this:
    [IMG]

At your 308 Kill time it looks like this:
    [IMG]

You've got some baller overall raid DPS on those kills you posted, our averages are far from being that high, but this is a tank parse thread and I wanted to show that SK can keep up with meta DPS classes.

Holy...your Ogna kill times are literally 90s-2 mins flat? Is that right?
  5. Ozon Augur

90-120 sec for Ogna is reasonable for upper tier guilds for sure. But it also only accounts for just Ogna, the first 3 waves aren't usually counted in the kill time.

You (Galvanize) being able to sustain 4M+ for 600 seconds is also pretty impressive.
  6. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Here is a parse with a SK in a full melee ADPS group

Combined (11): Hand of the King in 293s, 25,70B Damage @87,70M, 1. Shadow Knight +Pets = 1,29B@4,52M in 285s {HG} | 2. Necro +Pets = 1,18B@4,13M in 285s {GL7} | 3. Rogue = 1,09B@3,81M in 285s {G} | 4. Beastlord +Pets = 1,04B@3,83M in 272s {G} | 5. Necro +Pets = 1,02B@3,55M in 287s | 6. Monk = 990,33M@3,50M in 283s {G} | 7. Mage +Pets = 948,85M@3,33M in 285s {G} | 8. Beastlord +Pets = 921,46M@3,22M in 286s | 9. Ranger +Pets = 907,81M@3,22M in 282s {7} | 10. Rogue +Pets = 881,76M@3,09M in 285s

I think that your casters in your raid are kinda lower than what they should be, especially the necros or they had awful support.

Atm, if the 3 tanks can have full melee ADPS group support, it's SK > War > Paladin (on live mob)
  7. Galvanize Lorekeeper

Yeah @Bara that parse was from an awful overall raid comp night, missing people, bad groups for most DPS other than melee. Your parse confirms what I was thinking SK DPS wise , and matches up with my own pretty well.

We have an abundance of tanks so almost all the time I'm lucky enough to play in a full ADPS group
    SK,Shm,Bard,Monk,Beast,Zerker is the main group comp I sit in. Am just shy of 4900 HDex, and I run the 4 accuracy augs, 2hander, stance on, all dots loaded and never use anything with a cast time because it clips autoattack rounds.

@Ozon Do you guys kill the "Soldier" mobs that Ogna spawns ? Or are they just CC'd//Offtanked while she melts? Without them factored in your raids doing 166M-215M DPS which is insane to me
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

We kill the adds. Even if you burn him in 90 seconds the adds will overwhelm you, 7 out of 10 times at least, so not worth it. Particularly not worth it on farm. Usually ae burns at the beginning take out the first 2 waves of adds or so. If extended gets close to full its time for people to get off ogna and clear some adds and get it back to manageable.
  9. Galvanize Lorekeeper

That's still insane to me, and makes your raid DPS even higher in that timespan - adds HP totaling up to like +5 Billion extra or so , with most core raid bosses having ~22Bill base hp.

So what do your kills on PoMischief look like based on that kind of DPS? Theoretically they should be in that same 2 minute-ish ballpark right? Do you have people running 5-8million DPS on a controlled 90s-2min burn?
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

We have mostly split raided that until t3 was down. So splitting your raid 2-3 ways. Was not using alts to fill in either, didn't want to deal with it. Those were painful slow when you had 20 people in.

I see 163 seconds on one recently, presume that was a full raid. No clue on burn timers though, I think we killed that while waiting for big burns to be up for heroes forge, so would be faster if going all out.

We clear all 8 raids in usually 2.5 hours which includes way too much time doing loot (merit/loot council guild).
  11. Galvanize Lorekeeper

Nice, yeah don't have the numbers to run splits. Wish we did because the kinda iffy Ore drop rate really warrants it now
  12. Ozon Augur

@Galvanize we kill the adds as Yep said if you don't, the adds will mow you down. Usually it falls on the Pallys, SKs to do so.
  13. Cannikin Augur

Hard to find a clean parse where I'm just straight tanking the boss with minimal breaks, so here's one from several weeks ago (since then I've made a few changes to my DPS setup/plan) from open raids on Xegony:

- I was the MT (warrior) on Ogna
    - Dual wielding the whole fight
    - No banner buff (open raid)
    - No ADPS in tank groups
    - Open raids typically have sub-optimal ADPS, and iffy coordination, so we did not have full time Auspice/Dirge/COP
    - Ogna fight only, not counting the trash clearing at the beginning

Including adds that come with Ogna (go go gadget Rampage):
    Combined (38): Ogna, Artisan of War in 389s, 24.78B Damage @63.69M, 20. Cannikin +Pets = 547.66M@1.41M in 388s {D}

Ogna only:
    Ogna, Artisan of War in 389s, 19.41B Damage @49.89M, 18. Cannikin +Pets = 487.61M@1.26M in 388s {D}
  14. Galvanize Lorekeeper

I think that's alil more than I expected for a warrior without any ADPS whatsoever but thats still a pretty reasonable kill time + plenty of Rampage targets on Ogna. Are you bandoliering a 2hander for your rampages?

And for the people smoking bosses in 90-140seconds what does *your* class distribution look like for top few DPS spots? I'm assuming most those kills have group comp and raidwide buffs pretty well sorted so it should be the ideal metric for the state of DPS.

Still trying to measure where I would fall in that sort of setup and the best I can do is ballpark SK DPS around 5.8-6.5m DPS on those sorts of kill times with other top performers being Berserkers since they wouldn't have much damage falloff, and maybe Beastlord/Monk/Rog but I can't tell really due to limited data on my end
  15. Ozon Augur

Off top of my head, our DPS parse in general consist of, Necros, Mage, Zekers, Rog, BST, Wiz. Not always in that order but you will find those 6 in top 10-15, maybe a tank if we are heavy that night.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Monks can get up there now too I think. But ber/nec/mag should be top for everyone if all else is equal (skill and adps).
  17. Cannikin Augur

No, I don't 2H for rampages for a couple of reasons:

- I usually hit Flash before rampaging many adds, so I don't die if I get aggro on a bunch of them. Warriors can Flash while dual wielding, but not 2Hing.

- I don't have an LS raid 2H right now. The difference between the highest damage LS group 2H (1221 for TS 2HB) vs. the warrior raid TS sword (1126) is small and not worth the risk IMO (especially if you're tanking the boss).
  18. Galvanize Lorekeeper

I think you can setup a relatively (?instant) Rampage key for Band 2h, Ramp, Band Dual, and even throw a /disc Flash of Anger in there at the end to instantly safeguard against an instagib
    The real Sandaormo likes this.
  19. The real Sandaormo Augur

Typical raid night parse:
    I am in a "tank" group which means no adps unless some weird combo of classes show up.
    I spread out tanking assignments so everyone gets their turns ect, that is to say I do get my fair share of times when I can use 2 hander / "just" DPS.
    Sandaormo +Pets = 3.23B@914.51K in 3529s

I think that's over 4 maybe 5 raids that night, Sunday night.

Would I love to have a Bard / DPS support in my group, Yes, but that's not how we do it so it is what it is.

Just for fun, this is parse for Anniversary mission, just me and my healer merc:
    Combined (25): A drakkin in 210s, 235.42M Damage @1.12M, 1. Sandaormo = 235.42M@1.12M in 210s

I think I can whittle it down some.
  20. Zaknaffein Augur

Warriors need a boost to DPS for sure.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.