Give Teek Selo Exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Ragnoruk Augur

I foresee lots of raid logging when people are max level in the 1st week of a 3 month expansion.
    KobalWR likes this.
  2. Mashef Augur

I don't. Personas and AAing them...

Only 3 month expansion is PoP and maybe OoW due to level increases and they have much to do... can't speak to later expansions because I haven't done them but certainly a lot of people are in the same boat and wouldn't raid log as they would explore the expansions since they are like a new game to many of us.

What you are going to see with Personas is a bunch of people starting out as less gear dependent classes and then level up Personas a little more casually. Then later switch to the more gear dependent classes that just don't level up as efficiently at server start up. This is going to create more grouping for longer periods of time during the initial 3 month push.

During the next 3 month expansion PoP, some of the dynamics of the game change, its not too late to main change due to pofire exp, and their certainly won't be raid logging.

A little less familiar with OoW but a few days to level, then you need progression, then you work 1.5s and 2.0s so its not like raid log right off the rip.

Not sure how you evaluate this to raid logging. Faster exp would actually encourage people to buy MORE persona slots.

Raid logging = Velious. Nothing to do but raid and log. Velious should be a 1 month expansion.
  3. Kahna Augur

Persona's, sure, but AAing? He is talking about Kunark, not PoP. Not nearly as much to do outside of raiding in Kunark. There will be some gearing to do, as raid gear is unlikely to fill every slot, Kunark still has some hold over group loot that is nice. Some of the Kunark quests and camping a few key items will take up another week or so. And folks aren't that much more likely to level a persona than they were to level an alt before so I don't really know how much time that is going to take, 3-4 weeks?

I am okay with the length because I plan on tiptoeing through the tulips this time around. I probably won't raid until Velious.
  4. AzzlannOG Elder

That would be dope, leveling is my least favorite part of EQ after all these years and characters.
  5. Klokk Journeyman

Faster xp would be a welcome addition imo.
    AzzlannOG and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  6. AzzlannOG Elder

Same, Selo unlocks were chaotic.
  7. Lateryn Augur

Aww you don't want to experience that period in velious when it 1/2 lockout timer on top of selo lockout reduction. Most exhausting 2 weeks of raiding ever.