Don't put high level KOS mobs in low level zones

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Artybouy, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Artybouy New Member

The PoK book in Greater Faydark (from the Felwithe stone in POK - Oakwynd server) is littered with corpses, including my own, instanly killed on zoning by "an enslaved miner" left there by a Year of Darkpaw tower event. I had a similar death in Lavastorm from a level 65 basilisk of some sort (also from a tower mission). Put high level monsters in high level zone so the unsuspecting at least have a chance of surviving.
    alanus, Yinla, looffy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Or make them non-aggro mobs.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Remember this when you use the POK port stone to Shar Val cause if you chose Divided it sets you down right outside the entrance to the city in Shadeweavers. And there are roaming mobs there. Many adventurers have died there and its not even a special event.

Watch out for Hardcore Heritage coming soon, has some mean mobs in those zones too.

Personally this was one of the first things I learned in the game. Invis up before you port/zone. But I think we learned it more because there would always be a train to the zone line that would wipe us!!:D
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't know why they didn't make the other key quests like the first one...the quest mobs only pop when you have the task and hit the update spot. The way they did the others was just awful and intentionally disrupted zones when they didn't have to.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Fennemin New Member

While this is a reasonable approach to the problem you mention with the Shar Vahl stone (not the best--if it doesn't have a level limit, it probably should), remember who the intended audience for Greater Faydark is. Though it's largely irrelevant on live servers today, that audience would (mostly) not have had invisibility spells or the finances to buy potions for more than exceptional use. It's even a little worse when you consider that the invisibility you would need would be invisibility to undead.
  6. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Shrug, the good ole days of zoning into trains with mix of live and undead at the entrance to Karnor's Castle, those were fun times.
    Petalonyx and Jack like this.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

These GFay mobs are (supposedly) being updated next week to be non-aggro, and also the higher level ones will be era restricted so they won't pop on early TLP servers. The non-aggro portion of this update seems to have missed the test server patch though, so hopefully it'll make it in for the live update next week.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. looffy Journeyman

Ngreths post said they may not make them neutral, I guess they decided against it for some stupid reason.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Oh weird. I saw his post here they'd be changing them to neutral, I must have missed where he retracted that. Got a link?
  10. looffy Journeyman

Its the same post, read the end.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Oh yep, you're right, he said both things would be possibilities. Thanks!