I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Koveras Elder

Yes, you heard me right, we need an EverQuest Movie, I mean with the Video Game Movie Curse already broken due to the Sonic The Hedgehog and the Super Mario Brothers Movie hitting the 1 billion dollar mark in the Worldwide Box Office, an EverQuest Movie should happen.

That be the one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise so we can see awesome stuff such as standalone games like Champions of Norrath and Lords of EverQuest, EverQuest Action Figures, Magazine Promo Codes and so forth. Maybe even an offline version of Legends of Norrath with online being completely optional.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You know those bins of $1 DVDs at the supermarket or walmart? An EQ movie wouldn't even make it there, it would be in the landfill with the E.T. games for the Atari.
    Fenthen, Bobokin, Andarriel and 4 others like this.
  3. Cuzon Elder

Have you seen the trailer to the Borderlands movie? The curse is still very much in effect. I want the EQ name and brand to be out there more, but this is not the way to go about doing it.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

A movie isn't the answer. Traditional advertising is the answer. The problem is, they've never considered the question.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Netflix series like Riot did for League of Legends.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Fallout first 8 Episodes is out on Prime, was pretty good. Be interesting to see where they take it.
  7. JetZeppelin2h Augur

They already use traditional advertising and that is part of the problem. They are advertising a game with early 2000 graphics to people in 2024. My rock climbing friend has made fun of advertisements he saw for EQ more than once. He normally just makes fun of them giving him the advertisements because they are so bad compared to modern games. He also plays some modern 2h games that kind of fall into retro but EQ is so bad he won't even try it out, and honestly I told him not to try it because I don't think it would work for him.

Honestly EQ has enough expansions and content over the years if done with a nice budget they could have dozens of movies or TV shows. However most dnd type movies are so poorly made I don't see it ever really working out.

I am also someone who loves movies and have over 4200 movies in my collection which go back to 1914. So I don't mind watching b / indie films and some of them can be really good even with a cheap budget and not the best graphics if done right. If they took the money and did it maybe on the LOTR level type movie they could do it but unlikely for anyone to invest that kind of money in it.

Simply put try something like the following...
    1st: classic kill naggy / vox / fear / sky / hate
    2nd kunark kill trak, VP, get some epic stuff along the way for killing the bosses
    3rd velius take down ToV, zland, AoW, Sleeper, ending credits after killing sleeper they get lost side PoM and it ends.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Show me a current ad, or one from the last ten years, and I will believe you. Something off MMORPG.com isn't proof.
  9. ttobey Developer

I'd be terrified it would show up on the USA Channel every night at 3 am right after that Ray Liotta movie No Way Out!
  10. jeskola pheerie

Ray Liotta was the star of Goodfellas and died recently. Put some respect on his name.
    Goranothos and Flatchy like this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Timothee Chalemet as Kane Bayle

Anya Taylor-Joy as Firiona Vie

Zoe Saldana as Lanys T'Vyl
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

As a dev I have not seen an add in over 20 years since I block them all. I didn't even know EQ still had adds somewhere until my friend was talking about it on one of our 4 hour drives to go on a climbing trip.

Like compare the original mario movie (hard to even call that mario) to the latest version and you can see how badly it could be done or how well a movie could be done. It all comes down to how it is done.
  13. jeskola pheerie

A "dev" That can't spell a 3-letter word.
  14. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Proof I am a dev? lol you should see some of the millions of lines of code I have seen with tons of misspelled variable names.

You do know most devs are very good at logic but suck at having to deal with other humans right?

There is a reason we have QA doing testing and then at least where I work non-IT people who requested the change look over things to make sure nothing was misspelled etc.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. KarmaKitty Augur

No waste: Digitally produced, digitally edited, direct to streaming and across the air gap to your eyeballs.
    :p
  16. Brickhaus Augur

If you're going to make a crack, at least get it right.

Kevin Cosner was in No Way Out. Maybe you meant No Escape ... which did have Ray Liotta ... and is actually not a bad movie at 3am if you cannot sleep.

I guess they don't have the Internet at work for you...
    Bobokin and ttobey like this.
  17. Monkeychunks Augur

I hope your not saying your a dev in this game cause that is against Section 7.1 of the TOS

And being a dev elsewhere does not compare to being a dev here in an iconic rpg such as EQ.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

A movie would be possible if the budget could be kept low. Like a b-movie or cartoon. Could even be a player made project.

Roles.
    Dwarf paladin: Brasse
    High elf paladin, Firiona Vie: cosplay girl
    Dwarven berserker and werewolf: Absor
    Barbarian shaman: Waring McMarrin (will always cast slow on it's group as a running gag)

Two open spots. Send a msg to Waring_McMarrin for application !
  19. ttobey Developer

It was No Escape! haha
    fransisco, Nennius and Tuco like this.
  20. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

No Way Out was excellent too.