Server locked krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by auto21, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Krono that can only be used on a single server are worthless as many people want to trade them across servers/games. Your idea would tank the value of those krono and the people using them would just move to other ways to trade that are more profitable.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. auto21 Augur

Read the first post.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It isn't as easy to change the contract and intended purpose of something after it is sold to players. Sure they can just ban you but that could also lead to a lawsuit if they can't justify it when there are larger amounts of money involved.
  4. Celatusp99 Augur

I think its impossible or nearly so, maybe a few epic quest items will be both desired and rare enough but the ones I'm thinking of can also be had through aoc so you never have to buy em. Anyway your nightmare happens every tlp people come and have fun. Krono are not the bad guy, instant gratification and fear of missing out are...
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And people are not going to be spending money on krono that can only be used on a single server. At best it just moves the krono trade to a different server making it easier to scam players and at worst it moves it to a third party website.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Celatusp99 Augur

I never thought of that, Trading FV krono for Teek krono pst
  7. Laronk Augur

There's a lot of people who really do buy krono. All the "krono farmers" on TLP are selling stuff to some gamer dad who only has a limited time to play and wants to relive the good old days of EQ with lots of people to play with. If everquest is your only hobby and you don't have a lot of time to invest, the cost of a few krono to "keep up" isn't a big deal.

Trust me, many people do buy krono on these servers for the same reason pay to win mobile games and mmos exist. There are a lot of people out there that don't mind throwing some money at the game to skip boring parts. This is also why so many people buy power leveling services, the people that buy pl services want to do some raids but they don't enjoy the rest of the game or they're lazy or don't have the time.

The difference with krono vs no krono is just how visible the issue is. Krono removes the customer service element that occurs sometimes with some of the transactions of how it was done before Krono. If you make it so krono can't be traded on a server then you'll just end up with people doing unsafe trades where I give you the platinum here first then we log into FV and you give me a Krono there. People are still going to trade for krono even if it can't be done on the server.
    Appren and Kaenneth like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what the point is with this as there are items on every server that will sell for krono. It doesn't matter if it is a freshly launched server or one that has been around since the launch of the game.
  9. auto21 Augur

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree.
  10. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Is that sarcasm?

krono are not server specific...

if you have 43 krono on FV you have the same 43 krono on Teek.
  11. Celatusp99 Augur

It was if they became server specific the mess that would become trading them.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  12. Laberintica77 Journeyman

I think it would be amazing; or forcing people to have to manually subscribe monthly like wow. People for some reason tend to act a bit nicer when their pockets are at stake.
    Milka likes this.
  13. Elabone Augur

Heres a crazy scenario to think about.

The "kronolords" as you call them. Are the ones farming the items selling them for krono.
    The "kronolords" usually box, which means they dont REALLY need krono to start on a new server, since they can control their income gain based on where they level.

If you started a server that made all existing kronos null, it wouldnt change anything. You would still have "kronolords" that start on the server, farm the items everyone wants, and either sell them for krono or plat. It literally wouldnt change anything for most boxers, but would substantially hurt the single player who might have a few krono left behind from the last TLP.

It will do nothing to stop people from farming items, or RMTing. And even if theres LESS high end items going around, that just means that the average player is less geared, which means the average guild is less geared, which means they will wipe more often to raid mobs. The more wipes, the more turnover.

Your "idea" of a "kronoless", or "krono fresh" server will only hurt the average player. The people who make the most krono on TLPs dont NEED krono in order to make krono.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. code-zero Augur

I did read the first post

Let me explain, the last time I played on a TLP I wanted to get some trade skill stuff going so I bought 5 Krono from Daybreak and traded it for a whole lot of stuff needed to skill up and make banded armor and a lot of other things which I then sold back for Krono. I almost broke even on the whole thing. That's normal. Buying Krono and trading for high value stuff is common and perfectly acceptable as well

The only issue is the very few that end up on on RMT sites
  15. Laronk Augur

Well no, while I think Krono are needed and shouldn't go away since they're here now they do cause other issues that bother some players. It allows players to transfer their wealth from other servers or even other games. It is no different than people opening their wallets and buying things and doesn't create a "fair" environment and that bothers some people.

Really people worry too much about what others have but it is a legitimate concern some players have.
  16. code-zero Augur

The highlighted part is a designed feature of Krono. Not a bug
    Laronk likes this.
  17. Hamshire Augur

So first let me start off with I think if Tormax was changed into a no krono server it would be more popular then it is in its current state. With that being said however a no krono server will ever happen, it goes against Daybreaks best interest in that Daybreak doesn't make money on krono until the krono is actually consumed.

Even if a no krono server did happen as someone whos been a guild leader and a guild bank id still build the guild bank on krono, id auction everything for krono while having a lvl1 on a live server on my other monitor and make people log over there to do the trade. That being said id still like to see a no krono server at least once just to see the player behavior. How many will still auction for krono vs plat? How many will switch from a krono sub to a cc sub? How popular would it really be? Would it make things more or less toxic? These things interest me but as I said above, it will never happen.
  18. code-zero Augur

To answer your question it would be just as toxic when the players who go there find something different to complain about. Imagine a special server with its own subscription formula with 1999 UI locked on, no Krono, spell book up when medding and a premium server sub cost. The griefing would be insane within the first 3 days
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would also be dead on arrival as it would require a separate subscription from the other servers meaning people would either pay for 2 subscriptions or pick that server or the rest.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Ainamaf New Member

lol poors are funny

Anyone who has more than 2 krono = Krono lord
    Anyone who 2+ boxes = Krono lord
    Said the word krono in general? = Krono lord
    Camping a spot I want? yup! Krono lord!