Nobody wants a kunark start

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ownanat, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Laberintica77 Journeyman

I personally love the level 70++ , Oow++ modern eq.
    There's no Myth about servers diminishing after Planes of Power. Have you actually made it past it on any server?
    First of, if a server starts at classic with the current normal expansion weeks, PoP//Ldon is the last expansion before the new '' TLP server'' launches.. so half of the population normally leaves to restart.

Second, a lot of players feel that GoD changes the way everquest progresses. What they need to do is actually stop making TLP's every year so they can preserve the life of that server a bit longer.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Only read the first 10 or so replies...nuff said OP got shot down hard.

[IMG]
    aFTeRLiFe, Muramx, Doze and 2 others like this.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I have, on Combine, Phinegel, and Mischief. Phinegel didnt lost 1/2 the population during GoD.

Why do we make up random %s like this. :p

Mischief population didn't even blink during GoD or PoP - but again, Mischief was unique and had a population which no other TLP got close to.

4. Chopsuey Augur

What about the non raid game before DoDH? Omens gives you some group stuff to do with mpg trials and epics. DoN has group progression. Before that what is there to do? Grind some AA's.
    Just trying to pick your brain some. I really don't understand people complaining about non raid content when there is nothing to do outside of raiding in classic after you level.
    I guess a large portion of the TLP rerollers just like krono farming easy items and that is fine if that's their thing.
  5. Kahna Augur

Ahh, yes, the good old everyone who plays in a manner I don't understand/approve of/like is a krono farmer argument. *insert chef's kiss here*
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Farming Goats,
    Farming for tradeskills,
    Tradeskill quest like Prayer Shawl, Signet or Arcane/Might or Phylactery quest.

Farming Shards in Luclin, Farming temper supplies to make special weapons. Velious faction,

Farming spells in Kunark, Velious and Luclin

Farming Taelosian Geomancy Stone then Farming Muramite Runes

There are a LOT of things to do other than raid in early EQ
  7. Hamshire Augur

[IMG]
  8. KronoQuester New Member

I don't always want my TLPs to start in Kunark, but when they do I want them to be Random loot.
    AzzlannOG likes this.
  9. CdeezNotes Augur

GOAT farming originally was mini raid based unless you were elite and grouped it. Maybe now on a TLP the normal groups can because of crazy power creep, but that certainly wasn't the norm in 2002. I wouldn't classify that as non raid game considering you need raid progression to enter Qvic the normal way.

Farming Shards? You mean doing progression? So basically something you do in every expansion because that is like on the pantheon of EQ game loops? That's basically a given and not a unique thing pre OOW.

Farming for tradeskills? Hold up, got some paint to watch dry, BRB!

TS quests which are either junk for half the classes or not close to BIS, especially for the time investment. Plus you ruin your EZ mode way of getting POR trophies. Talk about setting up for failure. Oof.

Farming spells? Is that supposed to be exciting? Sounds like it should be done while doing the normal grind? Oh wait, it usually is.

Farming stones is just repeating spell farming...You have such little content you need to say it twice but in a different way. /boggle.
  10. Kahna Augur

Tradeskills, Slayers Achievements, hunter Achievements, There is plenty to do outside of raids, just because you don't value it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Not everyone is out to min-max, plenty of folks just like puttering around in the game.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm planning on doing it all this time round. :)
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

That's still not plenty to do, especially compared to post OOW. I never denied the content doesn't exist, just that there's not a lot of it, and the fact he had to list the same thing(s) multiple times highlights that.

I guess people are lucky they retroactively added achievements to old content. Remember how content deprived it was without non classic additions?! All the "this isn't classic" rerollers must be in shambles.

P.S. If you weren't out to min-max you wouldn't be doing TSes or acquiring "useless" points in /ach. Doing menial junk like that is textbook min-maxing. Just sayin'
  13. Ilshade Augur

Lizard zone will crash a lot opening day to many lizzy's with Kunark start, but it means less of a queue for other zones like GF lol
  14. Ilshade Augur

not if you stack both spell and potion as it is stackable in classic
  15. aFTeRLiFe New Member

I disagree with the OP. I am so stoked for a Kunark start. Been wanting that since I played on Mangler to see a TLP with Kunark.
  16. Tachyon Augur

always wanted it!
  17. Deastrocdor New Member

I don't mind the kunark start I really would really enjoy a luclin start or LoY for a option for beastlords out the gate but kunark is cool. One of my favorite servers was Quarm starting in PoP so more event unique servers then just vanilla tlp is cool in my opinion :D
  18. Doze Augur

I am sure that a major reason for them doing Kunark starts this year is that the Quarm server will open up for Kunark in june and people already playing onm Quarm would be unlikely to come and do even more Classic on new TLPs (after 8 months of Classic on Quarm), but they might be hungry for Kunark.
  19. Splittin Journeyman

What expansion is it stopping at or continues till live era?
  20. Intercept Augur

Kunark just makes no sense, but idc overall.

Would prefer classic or Velious start