No FTE on Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 5, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Not sure how you pull EXCUSE from it...

it is simply a fact...

You should understand the concept between apples and oranges...

Everyone knows why Mischief has such a high population...so saying it survived means little on a non free trade server. Throneblade was the overflow and should be merged already.

Just a few minutes ago three servers on HIGH POPULATION middle of a weekday...

Firiona Vie
    Bristlebane
    Mischief

This is not some huge surprise.

all the recent TLP's other than Oakwnd are all LOW. Oakwynd is medium and will be high at night and weekends but that will last about 1 more month. and every one knows it.

Had the Exploit got addressed in a reasonable amount of time or had the players not lost the first month of Luclin with Legacy AA not effecting AA XP...it would survived Mischief 2.0 now I doubt it does.
  2. Celatusp99 Augur

They were the only server that year and had a huge pop until people saw FTE in action and left in droves. One of the many reasons FTE is dead going forward.
    AzzlannOG likes this.
  3. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Why didn't dupes killing live with the old school brewing debacle? Ragefire/Lockjaw managed fine after the great plat/item dupe event.

Almost every server has had some sort of dupe. They all managed just fine.

It is an excuse when you apply it to the one server that was never popular to begin with.

Fact is, Oakwynd was DOA on announcement. IT was never going to have a good population and it was never going to survive 2024 TLP. That is DOA - a short term server that has permanently low population, that can't survive a cool soft breeze on a late spring may wednesday morning.
    OldTimeEQ1 and AzzlannOG like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

That is a lie...I play on Oakwynd there was no noticeable exodus until Luclin launched and Legacy AAXP was not working. lost a few more with the trade skill depot exploit...most left a week before it happened.

YOU did not like FTE not the huge number of fictional players you have convinced yourself of.
    Lejaun likes this.
  5. Celatusp99 Augur

True I did not like it I did not have the power to kill it on my own though. Tons left before kunark and your blind if you did not see it.
    25thAnniBaby and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

OAkwynd has never hit LOW POPULATION yet, medium right now will be back to high after working hours on east coast....stays high on weekend...

Allt these servers you say survived are all LOW POPULATION...only Mischief is a recent TLP other than Oakwynd to get HIGH POPULATION.

None of them had one of the biggest bonuses not work the first month of AA...and basically that cut time to get AA XP in half. Soon as Planes of Power launched the bonus went away until everyone level all their ALTS 5 levels...it BROKE the server.
  7. Celatusp99 Augur

Stick to that story and see if it brings FTE back.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

That is a LIE it simply is not true. No one saw it because it did not happen.

The number of picks in Velious popular zones were the same as picks in Unrest The number of picks in Luclin were down from Velious.

Velks had 4 or 5 more picks nightly than Griegs End was seeing.
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I do not know why they did not keep FTE going forward. maybe someday we will get a real answer...

it was not some imagined exodus prior to Kunark though....LMAO
  10. Celatusp99 Augur

I would not pin it to the loss before kunark but it was significant I was one of the later ones but I'm a fanboy who hangs on to long.
  11. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

You can thank the round the clock bot crews AoEing for that.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Why are people having a stroke over FTE.

(1) FTE is done. Finished. Stick a fork in it. Game over - the stadium is empty, no need to run furious touchdowns wearing the FTP shirt, really. The organizer and sponsor (DPG) has left the building.

(2) Oakwynd will languish away as yet another unmemorable TLP, despite the interesting evolving ruleset.

Atleast the above two should be crystal clear. Maybe the energies could be focused on how awesome Tormax ruleset is, and how unique and alluring it is, etc? Just a thought.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  13. xxar Augur

If red vs green is any indication , the 10 people that play are waiting for you. EQ is not even designed correctly for pvp.

I suggest a real pvp based game.
  14. xxar Augur

How is trying to compare 2 servers launched at entirely different times indictive of anything ? No one is arguing Teek will have a high population.

I like to see both with the same rule set , one with FTE and one without . If that happens , then you might be onto something because we can compare apples to apples.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I would think Daybreak would want to know the answer to that question...

And this is the perfect time to test it and find out....if teek is more popular as non FTE so be it. but to know it has to be compared to the same rules and same launch date.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Huh? It's a completely different ruleset. That is a terrible comparison. You could have FTE on Teek and it would be more popular than most servers, because free trade random loot is a popular feature. So if Teek succeeds, that has nothing to do with FTE being unpopular. It has everything to do with free trade random loot being the most popular.
  17. Doze Augur

There is no "if" about whether Teek will succeed or not.
  18. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Your primary issue is you use the server status to assess population. That is fine. Clearly you never played another TLP. If you played on any popular TLP: Ragefire/Phinny/Aradune/Mischief/Selos - you would understand that Oakwynd is in fact ultra low population comparatively. That is where you are missing everything.

You think because DPG flags it as high server status it is in fact a highly popular server. You don't know what DPG flags as "high" - to be fair its a ridiculously low number so it looks like a good place to be. Log in and you know it's a ghost town.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

There is almost always an if. Very few things are guaranteed 100%. Darkpaw could do a 180 on the Tormax ruleset and give it Mischief rules plus something else that people want and it drives the population there instead. An earthquake could hit Southern California and make the server unstable and miserable to play on. There are unlimited possibilities.

Is it likely that Teek fails? No. If it gets half the response Mischief did it will do great. It’s not guaranteed, however. Nothing is.
  20. Celatusp99 Augur

They already do know the answer thats why there is no more FTE.