Server locked krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by auto21, Apr 9, 2024.

1. auto21 Augur

We're all aware of the krono lords and temporary players who only rock up on new TLP for money and/or fund their chars on other servers - not to have a positive impact or be a part of the community.

Introduce server locked krono for those that buy or earn it on the server.

Result will be a far more gradual and stable server economy - likely with more money going to daybreak.

/discuss
    Geran, Milka and Laberintica77 like this.
  2. Kahna Augur

No. This thread is pointless, they will never change krono. Just forget about krono, it is what it is and it will never change.
    Erekai, Barton-Vox, jeskola and 4 others like this.
  3. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

While it would be really nice if it could work, but it really can't...

krono are not even game specific much less server specific.

While with enough coding it may be possible it then defeats the real purpose.

Players would cheer...Daybreak would make substantially less money. and RMT would get a new foot hold. Part of what krono was meant to do was cut into the RMT transactions.

Great for players....less revenue and more problems for Daybreak...

Doubt we get there....lol
    code-zero likes this.
  4. auto21 Augur

The irony is that by posting you made it not pointless, but your opinion is well-received all the same.
    The factual reality is that it could be changed quite easily, but is there sufficient rationale to do so?!
  5. auto21 Augur

I wonder why you think why daybreak would make less?

Where do you think all the krono comes from? i'd wager the majority comes from other servers, artificially pumped in from monopilized camps and PLing
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

It's never going to happen. These threads need to stop showing up.
    Kaenneth and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

8. Celatusp99 Augur

LMAO, would prolly kill eq
    code-zero likes this.
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Make krono server specific they will sell less krono.

Yes every krono was bought from Daybreak games. They would sell less if they were only good on one server in one game.

We call it math....lol
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I think the anti-krono crowd really have a lot of sand to bury their heads in. Just when you think the "rationale" could not get any more odd, another hits a new low :(
  11. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I will bite. Can you expand on the "factual reality"? Genuinely curious now. Of course there is insufficient rationale as everyone knows (even you aren't sure, and you started this thread!?)

12. Appren Gnomercy

This will not, and can not ever happen - imagine the legal issues when kronos that were purchased with the written promise that they can be used on any server, and between games etc was suddenly changed? Read the krono FAQ on Everquest.com, and stop daydreaming.
  13. Angered Ogre New Member

Plat only server with 0 kronos is something many players would want.... Its a very simple question that the devs can answer... How long and how many Subs would it take to give us this server?

How many players need to sign up? and for how long? We call it math as well i mean money.....
    GM Support
    *NO KRONOS*
    FV
    Double Selo'es exp
    Bonus loot
    Double Faction
    AoCs
    Relaxed TrueBox
    Geran likes this.
  14. xxar Augur

The EULA can be changed at anytime , the way Krono are distributed and consumed as well.
    I don't ever see it happening though.
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Bait and Switch is illegal and a EULA will not get you around that.
    Barton-Vox, Appren and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  16. code-zero Augur

There's a reason that it's called All Access and a Krono is good for 30 days of All Access.

I'm sure that it could be done with an entirely separate Launcher that accessed only special TLP servers but what is in it for DPG anyway?

There's no value in any TLP that doesn't use Krono, TLP can exist because of Marketplace and Krono transactions
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  17. xxar Augur

The eula can be modified , there will be no bait and switch if you received a tradeable Krono that is valued in 1 month game time. That Krono can be exchanged to a 3rd party still and consumed for 1 month game.

There is nothing that says , the 3rd party (person that did not spend money) can exchange it again.

That is Eula change , the original buyer has received exactly what was bought and the terms for them have not changed in any sense.

Will it happen ever ... no
  18. code-zero Augur

Again, why make a change that affects 4 games for the benefit of a single server in one game?

If DPG thought it was viable they could create a special log on server like Test or Beta that requires a sub to access with Krono invisible in the UI. I doubt that they have any interest because it won't draw money
  19. auto21 Augur

I wasn't strongly for or against the idea but was interested in opening the discussion. But I am surprised (and not) at the lack of constructive feedback.

There's a valid point about all-access, and of course the intention wouldn't be to break the EULA - although I assume it could be changed without notice.

I'm just not a fan of kronolords or krono dumpers monopilizing and de-stabilising the economy.

Perhaps it's just ingrained into the business model - hence the popularity of private servers.
  20. xxar Augur

That is a slippery slope , first off it DOES affect 4 games. That is the counter perspective , that boils down to revenue between those 4 games and how it affects all 4 combined , not just the 1 game.

The krono here will affect any game there associated with even EQ3 if it uses the same system.

Like I said .. it can be done .. will it ... nope.