No FTE on Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

LOL. You sweet summer child, once again speaking of things you don't understand, You can't compare the populations today, you have to compare Oakwynd to Mangler's PoP population. Mangler had 16 guilds clearing PoP, Oakwynd has 8? 9? His point stands. The server population is not what it should be.
    Fizon and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  2. xxar Augur

It's not what it should be , you are correct.

That is because everyone quit , not due to FTE but because the server was hit with back to back major issues..

The plat exploit and the legacy bugs destroyed this server.

I know entire guilds that folded because of the Plat exploit alone. There was a guy that lost like 40 krono worth of stuff in the guild I was in over night and quit right there saying jkldja this game , there unwilling to fix exploits or cheating. I really don't blame him.
    Ragnoruk and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Legacy exp not working for almost a month for AAs once luclin launched, and then the week+ of depo bug was a 1,2 punch from which Oakwynd never recovered. FTE was the reason it wasnt as populated as say phinegel was during classic/kunark/velious - but what destroyed oakwynd was those two things, not FTE.

I also know many on my friends list who just quit in disgust at the lack of update on the legacy exp and the one whole week of no-response on the depot bug.

4. Fizon Augur

Yeah man the plat exploit that hit every server in eq is what killed Oakwynd man. Or the week they didn't get bonus aa xp. That really pisses off tons man. Makes sense that they only have 3 guilds cleaning pop. It definitely wasn't because FTE. It's so obvious man
  5. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

The plat exploit that hit the newest server harder than all the others...and the Legacy XP that did not work for over a month. And there are more than three guilds clearing Time...

Being a liar does not help your cause.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

'Least toxic server population' are the 'hardest exploiters ruining an economy.'

It's an interesting contradiction to back yourself into.

Enjoy that nontoxic population! It may be a while before they apply a solution that "is only really for early eras" to the entire lifetime of a server. Or maybe next year!
    Binskie and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

It is not binary....

It can have krono farmers (like all new servers do)

and be less toxic at the same time.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. WeCameWeConquered Elder

There's more people that want a PvP TLP than want an FTE TLP. And those 10 people probably overlap.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Compare Zek population to Oakwynd population then get back to us....lmao
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

All those things coexist it's true.

Along with the most negatively affected economy.

If you were making the cost benefit analysis of FTE as one single ruleset option, would it be worth it?

To me, it's meh.

They have the metrics. Did they decide it's not worth it, or is it so great they want to save it for doing another next year?

We'll see.
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

They have metrics...

Sure...

Do you think Aradune was one of the most popular servers because of a rule set or because of a pandemic?

The metrics will say it was popular...what the metric miss is factoring in the pandemic.

Do you think Tormax will be even a fraction as populated as Teek?

And I agree Tormax is NOT Aradume...but the Head of the Studio seems to think otherwise.

I have no idea why they ditched FTE after one tainted server with it...

They probably think they are doing it to try and save Oakwynd...and I do not think that is possible.

Oakwynd under a year old has krono selling for 1 million plat each atm. They are not going to be able to save that.
  12. Hamshire Augur

The game wasn't designed around FTE, its a cool idea for a TLP but shouldn't be added into the game as a permanent feature. If you want it that badly just about every other MMO has it, go play one of those.

This whole thread sounds like American news, an incident happens once then its made to sound like it happens all the time everywhere. I play on just about every other TLP with a very high playtime ( I skip the other cuz im still playing on the previous ) and I always play from launch. I MAYBE have one bad encounter with someone once or twice every TLP I play on so what exactly is everyone else doing to make everyone else so mad that they are constantly getting trained and or mobs stolen from them? I have more bad experiences dealing with people in traffic taking a single trip to the super market then I do spending seven years on a TLP when it comes to trains & mob tagging.

No I don't want World of Warcraft mob like tag rules added to the game because some people cannot control themselves, because little Billy got trained back in Vietnam and it gave him PTSD, and because people are becoming more and more anti-social. Someone gets trained by accident or you gotta move a raid past a group and you try to talk to them and they don't wanna respond because talking with people is scary.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Manafasto Augur

I bet Monks who were farming Raster enjoyed the FTE rule. When I was on Rizlona, I hated asking my guild to come help me when a trio, six box, or higher came to interrupt my camp. It happen many of times and you know that is for the birds.
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

Your posts are literally useless, you know that? You've posted no actual reasons. You only post these quasi sarcastic remarks which are neither subtle or creative.
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

They probably want FTE to apply to PVP.
  16. Lejaun Augur

It would not have been accepted. People were screaming bloody murder about FTE the second it was talked about. People are still screaming about it even though some have never even played on Oak or gave it a chance.
  17. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Designed around?

The intent was for first to engage....GM's in 1999 and 2000 confirmed it over and over again....the original PnP policy explicitly stated kill stealing (ks) was attacking a mob already engaged by another player or group. And it was somewhat enforced through around 2004.

Played WoW to level 60 when it came out got there in 3 weeks. Adding FTE mechanism to EQ does not even come close to making EQ WoW....LMAO

FTE is really needed prior to Planes of Power...I would say even Omens of War...atter which it is not really necessary. It changes the game for level appropriate characters getting shut out of level appropriate zones by max level characters. Which happens all over EQ prior to Planes of Power.
  18. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

There was a plat dupe on mischief too. Kronos were closing in on 1m in PoP iirc. They survived.

Stop using the dupe as an excuse. Most of these TLP's have had some issue or another.
  19. Lejaun Augur

For all the conflict Oakwynd has gone through, it’s still a solid server. It’s been called dead a dozen times over but still keeps going on strong. 25th won’t kill it, just like Aradune didn’t kill Mangler and Mischief didn’t kill Aradune and Oakwynd didn’t kill Yelinak.

There are at least two solid PST guilds (usually only 1), and multiple EST guilds. Yeah, Teek will take away a bunch of people, but it won’t kill Oakwynd. I think a lot of people are getting to the point that people are feeling burnt out on rerolling on TLPs. Oak, with its cumulative bonuses, is a great place to settle down at.;
  20. AzzlannOG Elder

FTE is never needed. The proof is in the numbers, and Teek will solidify the fact that FTE's negatives far outweigh the positives (if there is one).
    25thAnniBaby likes this.