I Am Excited For Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by IheartEQ, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Celatusp99 Augur

Thats why its a running joke, along with FTE now.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Tyranthraxus like this.
  2. Intercept Augur

Same, I keep playing this game because it is what it is
  3. dwiguslowater Journeyman

Tormax will be fine and "likely" Teek with be more popular? The strawpoll that got taken down because I guess strawpolls aren't allowed on the forums had 286 participants with 256 people (89.5%) saying they were playing on Teek and 30 people 10.49% playing on Tormax. Obviously a strawpoll isn't perfect, but that's pretty staggering. If they leave Tormax as is, they're dooming it to be a dud l in the shadow of Teek. Changing it to a Teek clone + x would make it way more successful
  4. Celatusp99 Augur

Does it bring in players who would not play otherwise I think is their main consideration. It may not be a barn burner but its x amount of people who did not want to play on teek.
  5. Intercept Augur

I have no idea what the populations on either are so will defer to others that know, but all you proved is that free trade is popular enough to have 2 servers and soon to be a 3rd vs all the other servers that follow the traditional EQ model
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

That was in response to someone who continued to claim that non Free Trade was overwhelmingly preferred.

Truth is until 2021 there was only ONE...and for the first over half a decade ytou could only have one character per account...

That is why so many other server are not free trade. Not because the players prefer it...they had little choice back in the day.

Mischief proved a LOT of the player base is very much in favor of free trade. THAT was my point...

FV is one of the highest populated servers last I heard it had more active players than Bristlebane..

Mischief has gone deeper into progression with a high population than any TLP in EQ history.

Those two servers speak volumes for how the players feel.
  7. AzzlannOG Elder

Although I think Tormax is a missed opportunity, it is kind of cool that two separate player bases get what they want mostly.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just for the record I'm not playing Teek and didn't play Mischief for the free trade, I played it for the random loot, FT just happened to be on there to make the random work.

Picking an FT server would depend more on what else the server had not FT.
  9. maxisbored New Member

Teek | ███████████████████████ | 89.55% (257 votes)
    Tormax | ███ | 10.45% (30 votes)
    Total votes: 287
    At this point you're better off playing an instance based or single player mmo really.
  10. Fizon Augur

I like how ur pretending a pole you can't even link here or the discord is anyway indicative of anything.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There was a poll, they are not allowed on the forums so the mod removed it, it was up over the weekend.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Why do we need a poll though? Anyone who has played since Ragefire knows Teak will be overpopulated, Tormax will crater in a few months or so.

The two servers appeal to two different playerbases, Tormax's is just a fraction of Teek's. Which is okay though.
  13. AzzlannOG Elder

No one wants to play on an empty server though. They should try to make some changes to bring Tormax's population up. It's probably not going to ever be Teek's level without identical rulesets, but something can be done.
  14. Xeris Augur

If it's going to be minimally populated anyways, make it an era lock server at oow/don and make a lot of people.happy :)
  15. Zansobar Augur

Because DPG cannot support unlimited servers. The way they have their tech setup all servers share the same database server or something so the more they add the worse the lag and problems get on the other servers even if no one is playing on Tormax. That is why they just don't launch 5 servers covering other rulesets that almost no one wants like PvP and unlimited boxing.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

What has this got to do with some poll? All I am saying is a doorknob knows which is going to be the more popular server (in terms of population) by a blindingly spectacular margin...
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Making an "Aradune ruleset" server in 2024 when none of the factors which resulted in Aradune's populaion exist: playerbase stuck at home due to Covid, Brad McQuaid's passing, promised GM introductions and strict enforcement (was in Aradune's announcement), doesn't make sense - *unless* we are reading too much into the brief mention in the producer's letter, and the actual TLP ruleset details to be made available in near future will have much more information...? I don't know.

18. Soriano Augur

Almost no one wants PvP and about 2/3 of the player base prefers boxing.
  19. Hamshire Augur

1. People say they like Tormax but 99% of them would like Tormax more if it was a Teek clone.
    2. Only two guilds as of this post have been confirmed to be playing on Tormax.
    3. The Teek que is going to be 5-10hrs and the server will most likely just give up and die from so many people spamming to login.
    4. All of this would be solved if Tormax was a Teek clone.
    Also why was the Tormax rule-set popular back then? Because TLPs went from six month lockouts to three months. Just as TLPs evolved back then they continue to evolve now and a base three month rule-set is a relic of the past.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  20. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

I'm late to the party. Where can I find info on the servers and when they drop? I checked the stickied thread in here about servers but didn't see anything.

Also, are both servers going to be 3 box enabled, or just 1 withe the other 1 character only?