Nobody wants a kunark start

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ownanat, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Rooksmirk Journeyman

Please explain why kunark wouldn't be great for cleric or shamans ?
  2. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Except for the sacrifice classes!
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

If I were going to move to one of the new servers, I'd be more excited for a Kunark start than Classic. If the start were further down the timeline, I'd be even more excited.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Search and Rescue like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I understand it just fine...

I do not care for the game past 70.

Level 120-125 could be 10x faster or 10x slower it would not matter to me...

I am not irritated by it...and that somehow irritates you...LMAO
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I haven't yet played the game between 70-125. I am looking forward to it, though I do accept the possibility I will find I too don't care for the game at higher levels.
  6. Agonybot2 New Member

He said the reason... it's because they won't have the eternity of classic to farm out epic pieces, the crown and the ring... But I disagree. it won't be a problem at all and most guilds basically give clerics their epics ASAP... Shaman... they are strong AF in kunark epic or not it's not a big deal.
  7. Laberintica77 Journeyman

I really don't understand the Kunark start mentality; it really brings nothing.
    The people that want a Kunark start is the TLP returning player from their 3rd or 4th TLP that is ''Tired'' of EQ classic.
    The only thing Kunark brings is make more than half of the classic quests/items obsolete whilst making it one expansion closer to PoP .. aka. Death of the server.

If people are so tired of classic etc, why play again? take a year off .. there's plenty of other games that don't require you to interact or grind through the hardest levels. The true argument is why Kunark start vs. Luclin start? at least... you can say hey .. we have Beastlords...Halfling sk/pal/rng
  8. toasty4800 Elder

You clearly don't understand it if you think level 100 and the crappy gear they give you is impactful in anyway to the gameplay.

You simply dismiss years of content due to personal bias.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  9. Chopsuey Augur

Kunark brings more content and leveling paths at the start. I would have preferred luclin or later like TSS later even. I'm definitely in the "tired of classic EQ" crowd. It's such a boring era. Everything from respawns being way too long to the raids being mind numbingly easy and everything in between. But I also enjoy starting on a new fresh server with lots of other people. Quite the conundrum, isn't it?
  10. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

I like this, because it is so true, that a 100 character is useless unless you know what you are doing. I have played a lot of EQ. A LOT, spread over the 25 years. but i have never had a character above 80. When i got my 100 heroics a couple weeks back, i had 2 characters and they got destroyed by the first light blue con that came along hahahaha. I was in total shock. I rezzed up and went back to a level 12 necro i am working on in crescent reach hahaha.
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

My old roommate played to level 100, He really liked the level 100 raids, but the rest of the game was starting to feel very different and he got bored and stopped....He was always if it ever gets to where the only point is to raid he would quit and he did. I watched him some nights on raid we were 6 ft apart in the office....lol The zone designs looked decent...but graphic only get you so far...if the game stops being fun you quit logging in or you rinse repeat on TLP's till it goes past what you care for.

You might like it, I think the toughest part will be getting from 80-100 will be what decides it for you...not that leveling is difficult...the game outside of raiding gets really flat and the 75-90 raids were not that great of stretch but the say 100+ are some of the best ever designed. Dunno and not interested myself.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  12. Tyranthraxus Grognard

PoP isn't server death first off, LDoN following PoP is, thats why they need to be combined. Gates Omens and the 70s "slog" is the best part of EQ. It's just stretched out too far. Once the slog is over it gets really hit and miss, and then the statflation era kicks in, much faster pace, way better gameplay, but bad itemization. Kunark is Improved classic, and a great starting point. But some consolidation to get through some of the bad parts is needed to hold attention.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

Also, typically servers are 1 month of Classic, 2 months of Kunark. This is 3 months of Kunark.. so... they will have the same amount of time to get their epics.
  14. Chopsuey Augur

I do not get this take. You say the game outside of raiding gets really flat. The game doesn't really have much content outside of raiding til 80+. The end game for classic era EQ is leveling alts. There is literally nothing to do besides level. Gear means nothing. You can kill classic raids literally naked with a full raid. 80+ or SoF and beyond they add so much to do outside or raiding. Tons of quests and items (mostly augs) to camp. I can't believe anyone that has actually played 75/80+ can honestly say there isn't as much to do outside of raids as there is in classic. It makes zero sense.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. Glowerss Augur

LDoN isn't either at least on Mischief. LDoN felt gr8 with the extra drops + randomized loot. It made way more encounters worth doing and they felt way more worth your time because you got tons of actually useful augs.

Like doing an LDoN raid and seeing 3 skeleton proc augs, 3 30ac augs and a handful of heroic dex and str augs and such felt like an actually good usage of your time.

The 70s era is still absolutely garbage though and I have yet to make it through that particular era without quitting. OoW is fine but everything after needs help and consolidation.
  16. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Yes my personal bias on why I no longer play past level 70....I went to 80 with two characters first time through...

I DO NOT LIKE THE YEARS OF CONTENT. beyond level..so sure I dismissed them...and I am allowed to do that.

You like them go play them....why are you in the TLP section if your concerns are the part of the game I dismiss?

I understand perfectly...There is a HUGE difference in understanding and liking.

I did not say level 100 Heroic were were ready to go...I implied I level my own characters not BUY them...I think allowing people to buy character was a bridge to far from original EQ.

Fine for people to not like FTE because they feel it is too far removed from original EQ when in fact that was the intent early on.

Players just did what they wanted and around 2004 the gamekeepers quit doing anything to fix the toxicity.

You people are so easily triggered...someone else has an opinion and you lose your minds...good luck with that....LMAO
  17. Intercept Augur

Kunark kinda silly, but idc overall.

Would prefer Classic or even Velious start if your going to skip anything you should def skip Kunark it's horrible
  18. Kahna Augur

So, skip Kunark. I am not raiding till Velious. The VP key is a waste of my time, and I don't care to do my necro's epic this time around, so I plan on spending the full three months of Kunark leveling my main, and personas, tradeskills (Research, baking, alchemy, then everything else to 200) and camping all my own group gear. I'll have to quest for that hat, again. Going to try to knock out as many slayer achievements as I can. Might try to do the hunter achievements too.

I will join a guild at or shortly before Velious and start raiding then. Once I have a nice, well rounded persona base set up. Or not. I will see how I feel.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Why does this urban myth about pop being "death of the server" continue being parroted by people? Just because some people refuse to play new content past PoP because they stopped around PoP in the old days, so the nostalgia trip ends around pop for them does NOT mean PoP is where TLP servers die.

Tyranthraxus likes this.
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Actually I only played to 80...I said my roommate said that...and not there was somehow less to do...he said the game outside of raiding was flat.

I found the non raid game boring after DoDH. Probably because DoDH was a really good expansion imo...raids were decent and the content outside of raiding was a hoot...Monster Mission were fun and different, After that everything just felt like a big nothing to do scenario. My last expansion was Secrets of Faydwer.