No FTE on Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 5, 2024.

1. dentalplan lisa needs braces

They view Oakwynd as a failure, and I think they would rather just blame the ruleset and throw FTE under the bus rather than acknowledge or take any accountability for the multiple catastrophic management failures that really damaged the server over the last few months. Not a big surprise honestly.

It's too bad because the expansion bonuses by and large have been great, and have offset some of the significant weaknesses of a few of those expansions and should have just been standard going forward.
    Ogamuk, OldTimeEQ1 and Tyranthraxus like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

The best part of Oakwynd is about to start: the mass exodus of most of the bot armies and the few toxic players left. I’m excited to see GoD and OoW and beyond instead of classic and Kunark and Velious yet again. Some enjoy it, and they should because classic was so well made, but at some point it got too repetitive to me.

Soon the “there are nothing but bot armies on Oakwynd” will get changed to Teek.

Mischief / Teek has a great ruleset and many will have fun there. I got bored of it myself, as it felt like people were more interested in what loot they could sell rather than what raids they could complete as a guild. But I won’t begrudge those that really enjoy the servers. Have fun!

I think Tormax may have trouble competing against Teek, but if queues are terrible maybe they will get enough numbers. Good luck.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

Indeed, mischief is so popular cause its just free loot (which is understandably popular). Oakwynd had alot of people, but its TLPs always decline in pop in winter after classic is done. Theres also alot of hyperbole about how no one played on oakwynd
  4. Lejaun Augur

That’s a pretty good point. Mischief (brand new, unique ruleset) had a massive population, as did Aradune (because of COVID). So when people (including myself) says that Oakwynd has a low population, keep in mind that the situations are completely different. Oak would have a “low” population no matter what ruleset it had (besides Mischief 2.0) in comparison. It is doubtful many future TLP sees Aradune like populations.

Oak also got hit by Diablo release, Baldur’s Gate release, and SoD. Considering all that and more, it’s done pretty well.
    Ilshade and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  5. Critt Augur

Clearly the majority of players didn’t like it… I am not a krono lord just a player who actually likes EverQuest and FTE is definitely not EverQuest.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. xxar Augur

I just say two servers , one FTE and one not argument solved.
    Zansobar likes this.
  7. AzzlannOG Elder

They just can't fathom that other normal people don't like FTE. We are always KSing, training, krono lords.
  8. xxar Augur

Then there shouldn't be a complaint for asking for the exact same rule set with FTE
  9. AzzlannOG Elder

Yeah that would be fine with me, that's what I was asking for. One with FTE would be fine with me
    Zansobar likes this.
  10. xxar Augur

+1
  11. gnomesteve New Member

Just make Tormax Mischief rules with FTE and non Truebox that way people who aren't satisfied with the Teek ruleset for either reason are satisfied !
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Unless they don't want random loot and free trade.
    Chanaluss likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

The Pro-FTE people and the Pro-Boxing people should battle it out to decide which one they should fight to have put on Tormax. You are gonna need a united front to actually get it to change.
  14. Jerimeya Journeyman

People complain that FTE wasn't part of original EQ.

Back then, they had budgets for GMs. And if you were found to be KSing or causing other havoc, you would be punished.

FTE allowed for a programmatic way of dealing with toxicity, which creates a healthier community as a whole.
  15. TheChosenOne Augur

What is FTE?
  16. TheChosenOne Augur

ahhh... First To Engage? as opposed to most dmg
  17. TheChosenOne Augur

honestly still amazed this crack machine is still going with TLPs...
  18. Binskie New Member

Can people stop pretending as though a dupe was unique to oakwynd and realize all servers were affected and stop parading that around as some deteriorating element? People continue to play on other servers, why did they leave oakwynd?
    I didn't play there. When I read the messages from those who claim it was so great, they write in the most rude and offensive tone that I'm completely on board with them making another FTE. Like a little play pen. It does solve toxicity, like a vacuum inhaling debris.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  19. xxar Augur

That's kind of a strawman argument at best.

Randomized loot or any of the recent TLPs is not Everquest with that line of thinking. The FTE servers at least bring some sort of PNP enforcement , we all know the dev's don't do it.
  20. Sheila Elder

My issue is that it doesn't solve, it just offsets where the toxic behavior can occur. It goes from a DPS race to a race to be the first to aggro something. I'd love for them to come up with a better solution than DPS racing or FTE. I admittedly do not have a solution but if you want to know why a majority of the community aren't jumping on FTE, that's probably why.
    AzzlannOG and OldTimeEQ1 like this.