I Am Excited For Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by IheartEQ, Apr 5, 2024.

1. IheartEQ Elder

I don't see anything wrong with another Yelinak, Aradune, Phinny, etc type server. I level to max, camp gear and mobs, join a guild, raid a zone, and quest for unique items. I get everything that I want from a traditional server. I don't feel like I'm losing anything by playing on another traditional TLP. My characters will reach 60 relatively easy. They will be BIS towards the end of each expansion. I should have the majority of my achievements completed. If I felt like I was getting ripped off, I wouldn't be excited to play again. I always enjoy my time on them.

I will be playing on Tormax.

For all of the players who missed out on Mischief's launch, the first several months were so much fun. I tried not to read BobbyBick's rare mob spreadsheet to spoil all of the loot tables, but I couldn't help myself. I spent like an entire week at 50 in Unrest's tower and basement to pick up ghoulbane, peggy cloak, and so much more. You never have to compete for so many frustrating drops. Alt-A-Holics can go wild and not worry about missing out on raid gear. The EC tunnel is jam packed with player merchants. Runnyeye will have actual people in it. Aegis of Life isn't a myth anymore. More than one player will have Grizzleknot drops in their inventory. That is only for classic items. The Kunark and Velious loot tables were equally fun. You will have a lot of enjoyable moments to look forward to on Teek.

I will have equally enjoyable moments on Tormax.
  2. Kahna Augur

I am going to need you to stop being reasonable.

This sort of behavior is not allowed on these forums.

The other side is the enemy and they are enjoying the game incorrectly and you need to be angry about that.
    Vinlail, Exmortis_MT, Cfuson and 4 others like this.
  3. CdeezNotes Augur

You enjoy game the way it has existed for the super majority the last 25 years? How dare you! I'll be right back! I need to get my torch and pitchfork!
  4. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

As someone who'd rather see Tormax altered - genuinely glad you're excited and if Tormax comes out as it's currently envisioned I hope you have fun.
  5. dwiguslowater Journeyman

I totally respect that you're into it! But I think the fact that this is the first Tormax hype post I've seen and that as of now there's a single guild recruiting for the server tells you how the greater community feels about an Aradune clone right now
    maxisbored likes this.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

It's not an Aradune clone. It never will be. All of Aradune's unique rulesets will never be used again.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  7. Juskov Lorekeeper

I like the basic ruleset too, but part of the fun is the community. I fear that next to Teet, it will be pretty small. Even the threat of it right now might cause people that want the traditional to wait a year rather than invest the time. At the same time it causes a massive imbalance on Teet. The Devs nerfed AOCs and minimum pick population to reduce issues in the past. Well, you are going to see a massive amount of picks and a massive amount of DZs being spun up at peak raiding times on Teet. They better buff this server or have a standby (3rd server) if they aren't willing to rethink Tormax.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Until you quit in PoP?
  9. jeskola pheerie

Breaking news: 3 casual forum warriors will play on tormax for 2 weeks.
  10. IheartEQ Elder

/shout Three casual forum warriors are searching for a healer, a puller, and a cc'er. Please send tells to...

:)
    maxisbored and MileyVyrus like this.
  11. Rooksmirk Journeyman

Well said. I did enjoy Mischief a lot too. A great experience for i was able to play a paladin with some gear. Ghoulbane and valorium set of armor. I even main tanked Phiny for my guild once.
    I might play on Tormax this time tho. The reason is that the rule set on mischief, makes it useless to do quests for items. Basically, all you do is level, get free or cheap gear in the EC tunnel or from raid. All quests can't compete against that except the planar ones, i guess. My alt Bard was lev 30 with full planar armor. It was fun to a certain point.
    This time i wanna do quests even for weak items. So i shall try Tormax first. And if it s dead as foreseen by many, i ll make a character on Teek.
  12. Intercept Augur

Players still playing 25 year old game want to play said game if they didn't then they would be on steam or dif mmo.

Random free trade is in the minority of actual players, maybe not visible on these forums tho cause they are playing said game
  13. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Nothing worse than waking up at 5am with your box group camped out in a safe spot to grind some AAs in PoF to find someone already beat you there and they're gonna be there for the next 4 days....On Tormax this won't happen.

So if you're an anti-social player who likes to play EQ as a solo RPG then I'd say Tormax is for you. And the more the server "dies" the happier you are because all the camp spots are yours for the taking.

Sure, no one around to show off your cool items to but who the hell cares? If you have something to prove to someone from a 25 year old game, then you can go to Teek lol.
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  14. Exmortis_MT Augur

Actually not really, pretty sure Trubebox is a modern addition. However to be fair, back in 2000 there were few boxers, but MT had a few 6box teams/guilds (none were me). But there was no artificial cap on accounts per computer enforced by the game itself, far more was having a system to run it.
  15. Exmortis_MT Augur

I think most people's "problem" with Tormax is the wasted resources of what will likely be a rather dead server while the other suffers massive queues. Something I wish they would resolve.

I personally have no issue with any TLP, I just was hoping for one to be box friendly or at least relaxed Truebox on release.
  16. Exmortis_MT Augur

Mischief sorta proves otherwise, along with FV. I liked the random and free trade, allows a "Filthy Casual" lol like me to make up the weak spots with cheap gear, but like FTE, Truebox, and other rules they are take or leave for me. I am leaning to Teek as I am worried Tormax will be a dead zone, but still have not made up my mind. Even as a 6 boxer, Having a market place to buy/sell is useful, but it requires players.
    Appren likes this.
  17. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

FV and Mischief says otherwise...Two of the highest population servers still today.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

Im specifically referring to non FT and randomized loot. Nothing I said refers to truebox.

OP's entire post is about loot acquisition and itemization. Not boxing.
  19. CdeezNotes Augur

And that's 2 servers vs...how many non FT? BB alone is nearly FV size. That leaves like 11 live servers worth of population vs the delta of FV - BB. It's not even close.
  20. Arctodus Elder

Play where ever your happy, just glad your playing but I did not like my time on Yelinak.