No FTE on Teek and Tormax

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ysu9, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Ysu9 Journeyman

FTE was great on Oakwynd. Took the power of toxicity out of some players hands. There is still some issues with it but I feel like they greatly outweigh not having FTE.

My question is, why spend so much development time on something only to keep it for one TLP when it showed a positive outcome to the game?
    Search and Rescue and fransisco like this.
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Despite your personal opinion, it wasn't that popular as seen in low player population on Oakwynd.

It's not the worst thing but it needs a bunch more work to expand it to multiple servers.
    Iove likes this.
  3. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I think it is in someway an attempt to save Oakwynd.

The only way they could have saved Oakwynd was a massive roll back in mid November.
    25thAnniBaby and Ragnoruk like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Oakwynd was fine until mid November where two issues landed in under a week.
  5. Fizon Augur

FTE was a disaster. It's not EverQuest. It's thankfully gone. Oakwynd has it and it's still a fairly new server. You can have all the FTE you want.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

Encounter locking didn't fix any toxicity it just changes it from a DPS race to a first to engage race. Someone could easily sit on your camp just waiting for named to spawn and then tag it first after you did the all the work the clear PHs. And don't even try to tell me that vicious's guild healing people who have an encounter locked to unlock it and steal the mob wasn't toxic
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  7. Ysu9 Journeyman

Unlocking FTE through beneficial spells was fixed, hence the spending development time on something to be abandoned, especially when it had a positive outcome on the game.

Now to compete for rares, on a server that is about rare hunting, you need to box, you need to pay in more. Even if you win, you're just asking to be trained by some cry baby.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Oakwynd had the economy destroyed beyond repair in Nov 2023.

IF Oakwynd is the last server with FTE my EQ days are done....accounts are unsub unless something does change.
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  9. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

This 100%
  10. fransisco Augur

I'm waiting for all the tears when people start complaining about all the trains and KSing that are gonna happen due to lack of FTE.
    The ones who won't complain will be the ones doing it of course.
    Ogamuk and Search and Rescue like this.
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

it took less then 2 weeks of kunark for grouping to be evaporated and you had to buy PL basically. That is not fine. Considering the alt legacy bonuses you thought people would have been grouping like crazy but that was never the case.

For comparison...groups never stopped on Aradune/Mischief/Phinny/Agnarr until like the last 2 weeks of an expansion...and they had 12 week unlocks.

It was low pop comparatively to true successful servers.
    25thAnniBaby likes this.
  12. Ysu9 Journeyman

Ilshade likes this.
  13. MMOer Augur

FTE was nice. The majority of players like it.

The loud vocal krono farmers did not like it. Prevented them from ez dominating named unchallenged.

FTE is not classic EQ. It was nice and its EZ mode.

Beware this forum is RIFE with outspoken krono lords with multiple accounts
  14. fransisco Augur

I'd really like to know how many of the accounts railing against FTE all went to the same handful of IPs, just alt accounts for the people who miss training and KSing.
    Ogamuk likes this.
  15. Fizon Augur

The conspiracy theories y'all invent to keep ur narrative..
  16. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

If that were true there would be a LOT of people on the forums railing on it....the fact there is maybe 5 screams it is not a bunch of alt account to the crews....lol

There has been less than 10 and maybe 5 that continually bash FTE as horrible...most the rest liked it and even some that thought they would hate it changed their mind a many have claimed Oakwynd to be far less toxic than any other server...

A lot who have really liked it about as many that it did not matter to them either way...
  17. Kunfo Augur

I approve of no FTE and 100% approve this year's rule set. Can't wait to play again after sitting out Oakwynd. Thank you devs!
    Yinla and Fizon like this.
  18. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

FTE was trash and it only was successful in destroying aspects of the game that had been working perfectly fine for 20+ years.

FTE did not combat toxicity, rather it enabled it.
    PLers were able to effectively pull entire zones with 0 way of taking mobs from them.
    Normal groups were able to do the same.
    Single players were able to sit on spawns and snipe named with 0 way of combating them.
  19. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Based on interviews the GM's considered FTE to be a huge success.

SO what happened? I would theorize it made the company way less money that prior TLP's and they caught major hell from EG7. It had a really small population compared to many tlp's of prior years, and that population cratered early. TLP is ussually half their annual income, and way less than that on development cost. So they dumped alot of resources into developing FTE, and it flopped on financials. I don't think it's coming back.

Couple that with a very light content expansion, DX 11 being a huge issue still, UI still incomplete. The quick reroll of the 2 server designs that have made them the most money and require no developer effort is a no brainer. They are deep in it, and need to fix the broken stuff. I know we were all hoping for new shiny, but I for one will settle for dev time turned to fixing the broken pieces.
  20. Ragnoruk Augur

Obviously there are people that liked FTE and people that did not. Oakwynd, in my opinion, was a great server but it had problems that had nothing to do with FTE. People that are against FTE like to blame the decline of Oakwynd's population solely on FTE, as to make a point against it while ignoring the issues that caused most Oakwynd players to leave.