Producer’s Letter April 2024

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't see this on the road map and do not recall this "day". There is nothing related in the in-game calendar for that date.

In real life April 22 is Earth Day. So, with the mention of "conservation" it is fairly obvious that Rathe Day (although not called Norrath Day) is related.

If I had to guess, I would guess this is just a social media event and not anything in EQ.
  2. Narvakhan New Member

You could test the FTE waters and boxing waters. FTE, relaxed or no truebox mischief clone vs NO FTE, truebox mischief clone. Do it this way to see which really holds water.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  3. Ragnoruk Augur

Please consider starting with relaxed-true box +1 account and increase from there at Omens or whatever.
    Autowash and theonepercent like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

3 accounts lost over this decision....saved me $300....
    Kaenneth and Jedipokey like this.
  5. Ripper3 New Member

All you had to do was combine Selo's ruleset with Mishief's ruleset. That would have been something new and would have attracted a lot of players.

25th Anniversary equals Paste and Copy?
    Jedipokey likes this.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

What was the point of investing all the time into the FTE system if it's not going to be used?

I mean ... two servers launching ... okay maybe one doesn't have, but both? It seems like you are saying FTE is a bust and we won't be doing that again. Which is really disappointing given the development time spend on something to be used once.
    Jedipokey likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Can I have your stuff? But who are we kidding, your gonna keep subbing and playing anyways
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Aziuno Augur

Will lockouts be character specific or Account specific?
    That was probably the best ruleset change for Oakwynd
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

No I won't...

Already unsubscribed my accounts, they will no longer be all access come early June 2024.

I literally came back for FTE and that server was destroyed right after Luclin launched.

Only made krono between Thanksgiving and now. in anticipation of a new server with a rule set I liked.

Would love a Teek with FTE and it would compete where Tormax will FLOP harshly....lmao
  10. itiswhatitis Elder

I spend that a month when they don't have truebox.
  11. Cidran Augur

Disappointed that Tormax won't have TLE, but at least it's traditional progression, which is my favorite ruleset. Overall, happy with the news :)
  12. phattoni Augur

sounds like one of these servers will be DOA, aradune wasnt popular because of the ruleset, it was popular because everyone was locked up and had nothing else to do.

i was also hoping for something more cool this time around, it is the 25th anni after all...

i subbed to get free heroic upgrade on another account, the one server sounds cool(free trade).
  13. Cfuson Journeyman

It's very fun. Regardless of what people say mischief was their most popular TLP ever and finally we are getting it again.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  14. phattoni Augur

yes its where i keep my baz mule, mischief is easy to make money on if you work the bazaar.

it was also one of my favourite servers.
  15. filthytlpplayer Elder

Conservation, like for example, not asking your player base to run multiple computers simultaneously in order to box multiple characters, when one will easily suffice? Seems a little bit like empty virtue signaling.

To expand on this... a laptop running at 8 hours per day uses between 150-300 kWh/year, corresponding to between 44 and 88 kg of CO2 emissions per year. Assume 500 people box a single character playing at those rates. Daybreak policies would then be directly responsible for 22000-44000kg of avoidable CO2 emissions. You can do the math for larger multibox setups, and of course people using multiple desktop computers increase the numbers as well (hopefully they don't leave those computers running 24/7!)

44000 kg of CO2 emissions roughly equates to ~315,000 km of driving.

Practice what you preach! Please justify this policy as it relates to this information!

How much power does a computer use? And how much CO2 does that represent? – Energuide

CO2 Converter - OpenCO2.net
  16. itiswhatitis Elder

Aradune was only popular because everyone was locked in there homes for covid.
  17. phattoni Augur

at one point i had so many computers running that i actually blew the fuse lol... its ridiculous that they expect us to do this. :)
    Hobs likes this.
  18. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Bubye!
    OldSalty likes this.
  19. Task New Member

Cool, more servers where people will stop playing after PoP. +1 for listening and +1 for originality.
    Hobs and Jedipokey like this.
  20. Kahna Augur

They will drop. They dropped on other servers that started after classic.
    Skuz likes this.