90% rez

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by eqMath, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, but does it really matter if everyone gets a speedy rez and waits around for OOC or they get a mass rez after OOC starts and immediately get OOC regen? Generally an AE rez will only be used when there are a large number of corpses to rez and can be faster then just clicking each corpse.

No one is wasting mana casting a 90% rez after an event is over as that is only cast during the event and they are using an item such as the rez stick from the OMM vendor.
  2. Jack Elder

The only time I'm casting a 90% or a call outside of a fight is if I'm rezing a cleric. No haste is needed after a wipe or event is done.
  3. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Yea but go back to my first quote and it makes no sense for what he was talking about with medding for 90% rez. I think we agree with each other there is no reason to cast a 90% rez unless you are in combat which is what the person I quoted said but then after talking about 90% rez in battle he was talking about but saying he wouldn't take a 90% rez after battle which makes no sense to me, why anyone would cast a 90% rez after battle?

A pally, druid, or sham, or even nec doing a 90-93% rez in battle makes total sense and would be one I would take but after battle I would turn down a 90% rez because there is no rush to get back in the zone because noone is fighting. Unless maybe there was LD and the corpse had less than 5mins left and I needed a rez to get back to loot gear I was awarded but outside that I am going to wait for 96% rez. As jack said above maybe if a cleric is being lazy and doesn't want to run back they may want to take a 90% if noone can do better out of combat.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are confusing things. The issue about taking a 90% rez is when the event is running and getting players back to to the fight faster. It isn't about taking or not taking one after a fight is either won or a wipe happens. Generally a mass rez is used after a wipe when most of the raid will need to be rezed instead of clicking each corpse one by one and having multiple clerics trying to rez the same ones.
  5. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I am requoting what I was originally responding to. I think you may be thinking off maybe what the original post said vs what I was responding to. So what I was responding to was someone saying they would not take a 90% rez out of battle which makes sense because there is no reason to do that unless you are a cleric and don't want to run back. (which modern raids are pretty easy to zone into unlike some older ones that were long runs)
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, the issue at hand isn't a 90% or 96% rez when a raid is out of combat rather if clerics should rez each corpse one by one or just wait until OOC and hit a mass rez or not. If you are recovering from a wipe there isn't much difference between rezing and waiting for OOC and waiting for OOC and doing a mass rez with players getting rezed into OOC. Either way you are going to wait the same amount of time to recover as you will need OOC to do your buffs with tranquil blessings.
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

The OP clearly says why do people not take a 90% rez. Why are you discussing unrelated topics within a thread? You should take your own advice and only discuss the original topic/question, Mr. Gfaydark
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont even look at it, and just happy I dont have to banner back.
    Jack and Knifen like this.
  9. alanus Augur

Paladins get 96% res that can be cast during battle as an AA
  10. JetZeppelin2h Augur

The real question is there even a point of losing exp on a death now? Should just make all rez do 100%. Maybe leave EE causing perma exp lost for necro rez token and would allow people to use necro to delevel if they want. Then leave all the other rez doing 100%. We got rid of corpse runs a long time ago isn't exp lost next?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would agree with this as outside of a few situations such as the challenge server vaniki there is no reason to want to lose levels. And with a lot of new expansion gear requiring max level it makes losing your level more painful.

If they removed losing xp on death that would make the loss of level perk pointless.
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

People pay monthly for the ability to not lose a level? I can't believe people have that much of a problem but then I work from home so I can play all day long to level off weak mobs barely paying attention while coding for work remotely.
  13. Windance Augur

Anyone who is raiding and declines to take a 90% rez's should be benched.

Outside of raids, everyone has the option of using a healer merc.
    Bigstomp, Conq and Svann2 like this.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I play on Oakwynd. I have no problem taking a 0% rez, thanks to the perk that prevents losing a level if you die. The only time I'll expect a 90%+ rez is during that period after a new level cap arrives, and reaching said cap. Of all the perks, that's the one that's worth its weight in plat.
  15. Monkeychunks Augur

Only the Journeymen mercs offer the 96%. The Apprentice offer 90%.

But the rez tokens are 96% no matter the type/level. And you can buy them cheap via loyalty or Overseer
    Svann2 likes this.
  16. KarmaKitty Augur

Lol, as a "Filthy Casual" and soloist, I don't raid and find all this amusing.

My preferences is to mash the 100% Rez loyalty button :D

If that is not available, I go with poaching an overseer reward from an alt. Generally, covers the diff.

As a pally with access to a cleric merc, finding a rez is not an issue. Lets talk FD :p
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Thraine Augur

its funny how some shaman cant seem to heal you in time to keep you alive but they are jonny on the spot with that stupid click stick lol
  18. JetZeppelin2h Augur

What are you talking about pallies FD better than SKs!
  19. Silvena *poke*

Certainly in a far more convincing manner.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

We "feign" death? We are method actors. We really die.
    Rijacki, KarmaKitty and Silvena like this.