90% rez

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by eqMath, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Bernel Augur

It's actually that you don't get the 6% of the lost experience back, not that you lose 6 percentage points of the exp. I'm not sure that's clear to everyone. Percentages are used inconsistently and confusingly in EQ. If your exp bar was at 50% before, you'd lose about 8% when you die, but that's 8 percentage points, not 8% of your current exp value. So your exp bar would go from 50% to 42% (that's 50 - 8, not 50 - .08*50). Getting a 90/96% rez is a percentage rez, not percentage points. The exp you get back is either .90x8 (7.2 percentage points) or .96x8 (7.68 percentage points).

Given the example of being 50% before death and 42% after death, your exp bar will be either:

90% rez: 42 + 7.2 = 49.2%
    96% rez: 42 + 7.68 = 49.68%

The extra 6% from the 96% rez only makes a difference of .48% to your exp bar. The 90% rez person doesn't have to try to get 6% of experience to be equivalent to a 96% rez. They only have to get .48% exp to be equivalent. But that still may be a lot if you're at a level when you're only getting .01% per kill
  2. Knifen Augur

Trivial Loot Code for Hero Forge Ornaments that the designers felt need to be included in this game for some very stupid reason.
    Annastasya likes this.
  3. Strawberry Augur

On a raid it's far more reasonable to expect people to accept a 90% rez, you're holding up 54 people if you don't. Still, if I'm playing on a druid I tend to give someone a call if possible, knowing they can get a 96% or 100% later.
    Bigstomp, Yinla and Knifen like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

TLC is Trivial Loot code. It was put in the game in 2001 and means the mob must be dark blue or higher to every member of a group. Ergo you have to be or maintain a certain level.

And nothing more to do with raiding than to do with

5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When talking about 90% rezes this is generally referring to raids when it isn't always possible for someone with a 96% rez to take the time to cast it (and a rez token takes way to long to cast). In these cases the purpose of the 90% rez is to get the person back to the fight and help win it.

Outside of raids there is always the possibility of waiting for downtime to cast the 96% rez.

Updated to quote the correct person
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Strawberry Augur

Ok, good point. The rez is the amount recovered from the actual XP hit from death, not the total XP bar.

So you don't lose 6% total XP by taking a 90% instead of a 96% rez. It is less dramatic, you lose a relatively smaller amount, depending on how big the initial XP hit was.

[IMG]
    Fenthen and Bernel like this.
  7. Knifen Augur

I know, hence why I wrote if you wont take a 90 on a raid I will drag your corpse to the middle of the zone and leave it.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person when changing pages. I meant to quote Strawberry who was complaining about the 90% rez for casual players. I have updated the post to quote the intended post.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Knifen like this.
  9. JetZeppelin2h Augur

You have this backwards! I only take 100% rez on raid because 1 person really doesn't make much of a difference. If I am soloing / group and die to a named I will take a 90% rez asap or even less because I want to get back and kill the named before someone steals it. There is no rush for me to get back to the raid because it won't likely cause any major difference in the fight. Either you are wiping or not, sure there is those 1 in 10000 raids where that 1 tank being rezed back could make a difference but the days when that would make a difference was a long time ago. In an instance there isn't really any rush to get back and kill a raid boss before another guild tries to take it in a static.

Not that any of this really matters since I have been caped on exp since a few weeks after LS opened and even skipping a rez completely I won't notice at all and 1 day overseer and I am max again.
  10. Knifen Augur

I almost said I only take devine rezzes myself but figured I wouldn't fan the flame that much. On 100% rezes those are saved for specific class/people in raids I would imagine, my gripe is those that click no on the 90 and hold out floating for a 96. Keep floating, while you watch your corpse flop and end up in the middle of the zone away from raid.
  11. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Do they really care? These days you don't have to be alive when the boss dies to get credit. There was a time when you had to be in the zone alive to get credit for some raid kills. These days you don't even have to be in the zone alot of times and other times you can just zone in later. So does anyone care that much about getting rezed fast? The raid is likely going to win or lose whether or not I am in the zone. Given there are always some key people who are the reason the raid wins or loses but out of 54 people that is probably less than 10-15.
  12. Knifen Augur

Probably not, unless I was leading the raids, which I dont for good reason. Cause if you stay out of zone with me thats a fast DZ kick as well. Now you get the lockout and not coming back for loot.
    Conq likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I hate overseer. But that won't stop me from using it. It's not even really a game in my opinion.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I don't hate Overseer but I don't get thrilled when using it. For me it serves a purpose, and it does that well.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Silvae Apprentice

Middle of a fight? I might take a 90% but not too many a night.

We wiped and a cleric is medding to get the mana to cast mass rez? Im declining your 90% always.

Boss is dead and clerics are slowly walking around rezzing one by one? I'm declining your 90% and will wait, we all have a 5min ooc timer anyways.
    Knifen likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you end up zoning while the script is running you can still miss out on all of that.
  17. JetZeppelin2h Augur

This is true. I think there is still a problem with being in hover mode or zoning when a named dies you don't get credit. However this is alot better than old days when you had no hover and instantly zoned and if the mob died while you were zoning or out of zone no credit. Hover mode lets them get rezed back faster for credit or worst case the group slows killing so the person gets zoned out then finishes the mob off.

I don't know if any raid credits have issues though or if it is just normal hunter achievements that will still get bugged. The hunter ones are the only ones I can confirm having lost a kill because I was in hover mode during LS (and some quest as well that require kill credit being in the zone and hover will fail on those as well). I got really pissed when I died right as I was soloing a named in moors and I think my swam pets or merc finished off the named while I was in hover then my cleric rezed me and I had no credit for the kill and had to camp him a second time.
  18. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Clerics need mana to cast a rez? What kind of cleric doesn't have epic? or I think they have an aa clicky rez as well (other than divine) but may be wrong on that since I only use epic click on my cleric.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They do need mana if they are casting their AE spell instead of spending more time rezing each corpse one by one.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur

True but that requires out of combat to cast right? So there should be no issue with not having mana for it if they must wait 3-5mins for out of combat before they can cast it. Also if they are trying to med for ae rez why would you waste mana trying to cast a 90% rez? Just use the clicky epic to rez while medding on a mount for ae rez and out of combat timer.