Housing items and accounts that are inactive

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Magickon, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Magickon Augur

I have a few accounts but I don't want to keep a couple of them active any longer. One of them has a couple of housing items from claims that I don't have on other accounts. If that account goes inactive (I am playing on a TLP, so membership is required to actually login) will the housing items from that account vanish?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No account is ever really deleted in the game. Unless you delete the character name.

So they should not vanish as the account lasts forever in case 24 years down the road the player decides to come back.

I would pay up a ton of escrow so they don't get into eviction for not paying rent.

You could possibly move the claim items into houses you do use if the character is given permissions to set stuff in that house. And you could also give the characters that are staying in paid status the rights to go into the houses and/or pay upkeep.
    Nennius, Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You can make another toon co-owner, or even lower, and use them to pay the bills.
    Angahran, CatsPaws and Rijacki like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Grove Augur

In fact, anyone can pay rent on any property in any housing area.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Magickon Augur

Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my explanation, but I am not talking about the housing plot. The housing items that are owned by another character on another account are what I am talking about.

For example: My character is magickon, but I also have a character on another account named Leiroi. Leiroi has a couple placable teleport items that are placed on magickon's housing plot.

If I let Leiroi's subscription go inactive (again, I am on a TLP server) will those placed items disappear?
  7. Gialana Augur

They shouldn't. But if for some reason magickon is evicted from the plot, then the placable items in magickon's plot that are owned by Leiroi should be parceled to Leiroi.
    Rijacki and Magickon like this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

While they should not vanish, you can also do the following if the items are not No Trade:
    1. Items belong to character Alice
    2. Go to house with character Bob, whom you have given add/remove items privileges with the house.
    3. Remove the Alice items from house, putting them in character Bob's inventory.
    4. Use character Bob to place them back in the house.
    5. Items are now owned by Bob.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok lets use this as an example. A highly thought of player well know for his elaborate and beautiful housing creations passed away last year.

To pay tribute to him we all went to his houses and paid upkeep so his houses would never expire. We can still access them and still see his beautiful artwork.

I cannot say 100% that no one took over his actual game account but I am sure we would have heard about that. So his account is lapsed but all his houses are still intact. This is the post about it if you would like to go look at his houses to confirm they are still in the game even though he unfortunately is not. All the locations are listed

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-of-a-legend-armourcarr.294115/#post-4260762

Remember as I posted above, the account never goes away. The characters and all items will be there when you return, no matter your server. BUT if you delete the character then all items are gone for good
    Fanra and Nennius like this.
  10. fransisco Augur

If the house is "foreclosed on" aka you stop paying and lose ownership of it, you get a parcel with all your items that were on the lot. Anything you had in the house doesn't go away.