Anniversary Mission ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tach200, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Tach200 Journeyman

It's interesting that nobody is commenting on the 25th anniversary mission, or perhaps, they are saying what I'm about to say and the community moderators are deleting it in an overly communist manner.

This 25th anniversary mission is a worthless, wretched, idiotic piece of garbage.

Whomever is responsible for designing and green lighting this hunk of crap is probably the same person that green lighted LS expansion also. Whomever the responsible parties are should be canned immediately.

I wonder if the people coding, designing, and authorizing this horrible idiotic mission understand that characters are now level 125 ? This 'mission' is stupid and solo-able without any effort due to the light green mobs.

Darkpaw is seriously going off the rails, this mission and LS as a whole suck.
    Beeshma likes this.
  2. Bumkus Elder

i did the prequests and the mission. prequests involved a lot of zoning...running...zoning...running, but no regrets. Hitting some of the old zones dislodged a few memories that had been rusting away in the back of my brain. that was nice
  3. Marton Augur

Would you like to elaborate as to why you think the mission is a worthless, wretched, idiotic piece of garbage?

This is Anniversary content created so everyone can participate.

Only complaints I've noticed were about running around while completing 2 pre-requisites. It seems people forgot how to travel. I've done both tasks without having a druid/wizard with me and it was not too bad.

Feedback I've seen in my guild and various channels for the mission itself was mostly positive. People like the augs and new tradable power sources.
  4. Tach200 Journeyman

Hey Marton - I'm sure you and your duo group, and your guild, will be thrilled if Darkpaw just mindlessly awards loot for the 26th expansion - that way you don't have to overcome the difficulty of green con mobs in a trivial encounter with the dumbest possible design one can imagine.

This game is a pay subscription for fun and interesting content. Mowing thru green con mobs is mindless, trivial, and a waste of time. Clearly, with the response above, it goes without saying that some people enjoy this minimal and mindless effort while paying for it.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I liked the rewards.
    CrazyLarth, minimind, Marton and 2 others like this.
  6. alanus Augur

I thought it was pretty solid. Easy, but anniversary missions should be
    minimind, Sprooce, Marton and 2 others like this.
  7. Marton Augur

This thread is not about loot from EQ 26th expansion.

Anniversary content is supposed to be for all players.

Clearly, with your responses, EQ is not the game for you.
    minimind likes this.
  8. DeadRagarr Augur

Sounds like you should just take a break for next expansion. I absolutely hated last expansion, came back for LS and am pleased.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's kinda clear the mission isn't working as it should. Almost anyone can solo it, without a merc. It should at least need some semblance of a group. But the post here is waaaaaay over the top. I'm surprised it's even still here.
  10. eqgamer Augur

Whoever gave the green light on this mission deserves a promotion. An easy mission with awesome augs? I'm all in.
  11. Warpeace Augur

But that Tank Powersource and its +1AC!!!
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So if one has a F2P account and has not purchased the most recent expansions they are blocked from even getting thru the first task? Seeing as how it has a step that you need to go to VS Divided to do.

Not for all players then. Unless they purchased the expansions or a subscription.
  13. Riou EQResource

Limited time celebration content should be for everyone, this year they chose to make it for level 100+ players, the same level that they also gave a free level 100 heroic for
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

While I'm fine with basically the free aug and powersources, but I will counter that not even close to everybody can participate. Pretty sure close to half the game's population can't...TLPs.

So, you're absolutely correct that the Anniversary content should be a celebration for everyone to enjoy. However, that's pretty obviously not the case. Limiting to live is pretty narrow minded, especially considering TLPs probably generate more revenue than Live at this point.
  15. Brickhaus Augur

Did you forget about the entire anniversary tower that's part of the 25th celebration? I think having something out of the entire year celebration that's 100+ is okay and not that narrow minded.

There can be things to nitpick for all the 25th anniversary offerings. But some of you seem to want to rage just to rage.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

I didn't realize I was raging? News to me. I'm simply stating that the anniversary content has a limited scope and certainly not available to everyone. Year of Darkpaw is good. That's exactly what the anniversary content should be as well.

Edit: Let's also ignore the clear bug to this month's YoD event which is turning GFay into a slaughter fest on newer TLPs.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

I advise some self-moderation.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.285421/

Gialana likes this.