Does Truebox actually solve anything?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Varyk, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

Guess we'll see swarms of 18 box armies day 1 then.

Right?
  2. Muramx Augur

O know a guy that drives a truck for a long bing and operates 18 chars. You can't honestly me me think he is running 18 computers in the cab of his truck.

I hated truebox since day one because it just penalizes the average Joe who's following the rules. People who are going to cheat are going to cheat regardless. There are communities that are basically dedicated to "how can I cheat?"
  3. Shalom Quillmane Bane

TLDR, did you guys figure it out, does it solve anything?
  4. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

It does not solve anything - Relaxed truebox might be a step in the correct direction however
    Shalom likes this.
  5. Dominate Augur

No, all it does is create a barrier to entry for the ley populous to compete with eemmmquetwo users.

1. It creates the illusion of control for people who want Aradune rules (no boxing)
    2. It helps people think that most people are obeying the "rules"
    3. It makes it harder to box for everyone who isn't cheating.

TLDR it helps cheaters, and hurts the average player. Ask yourself why it has so much longevity.
  6. Tern New Member

"Nobody wants Truebox"

I can think of 4K people who do
    Arclyte likes this.
  7. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

YES...we see them on Oakwynd....true box does not prevent it.
  8. Arclyte Augur

Why bother posting when it's obviously in bad faith?

Conflating cheaters with boxes is just ridiculous.
  9. Arclyte Augur

10. Larsen Augur

It reduces the number of people mass-boxing. If there was no limitation, many more would do it. It doesn't really reduce 2-boxing because anyone who's enough of a nerd to play EQ in this day and age surely has at least two PCs. There's also no strong need to limit 2-boxing in the first place since it isn't a problem.
  11. Azzlann Elder

I think it is generally a good thing in the first couple expansions. There is an argument that they could move the relax of it back a few expansions earlier but I think its basically good where its at now. People use Lockjaw/Ragefire as an example but I think there were other factors at play there than just non truebox.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Omg the sky is falling! Yes probably on both truebox and non-truebox. Who cares?
  13. Vulk0606 New Member

IMO, AoC's and pick zones solved way more problems than truebox ever did.
  14. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

This is definitely true
  15. Ddezul Augur

Apparently everyone posting in these threads.
  16. Ddezul Augur

Of course you see some. GM presence is much higher at the start of a server. I want to see a bunch of armies running around then.
  17. Beeshma New Member

No (answer to the subject)
  18. jeskola pheerie

Not sure if your narrative has run out of gas or what. Please bring it harder if you want a true debate.
  19. Ddezul Augur

Debate? That's not needed.
    DPG thinks (correctly) that true box is the way forward. You don't have to agree with it.
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Eventually they will figure out it only COST Them revenue....and it will change....lol
  21. Ddezul Augur

Except im sure they've done the analysis and it doesn't.