Test Update 03/07/2024 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 7, 2024.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Lilfella Elder

If you have the task "Chasing Madness" and have completed Ghrald McMannus' two tasks and mission he will not respond to hails.

Dropping the task allows him to function as expected.
  3. Fennemin New Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I'll mention it... I got fae drake aggro on zoning into the new tower mission, even though the drake is not part of the first phase of the HA. Mobs in other HA's seem to be unlocked in stages, but this one evidently isn't. That has implications on Live right now, as I have definitely seen this drake as incidental aggro in the lava mission on Live. Guildies have reported to me (but I have not personally observed) a similar situation with the bat.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not mentioned in the new patch notes, but this

Is not fixed yet. Hopefully by live server patch?

My bad. Theyre just not called a risen miner
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

It was working on Test after todays patch unless they aren't respawning

They do have an issue though in that they are level 50 mobs that are KoS with a decent sized aggro range, this is probably going to be bad for any low levels on Live or TLP that Year of Darkpaw is active on (since they will be permanently run)
    Svann2 and Yinla like this.
  6. Lilfella Elder

The type 3 augs given from the bonus anniversary mission are not in a lore group but you can only pick one of the augs and cannot repeat the bonus for a second Aug, leading me to believe it's bugged.

If intentional, it's another example of development not designing for new gameplay with personas. At a minimum, please add in a "convert" button so you can cycle between the augs. It becomes painful swapping between them, but it's better than nothing.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Ozon, Toni and 7 others like this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They should NOT be in a lore group. Being individually lore is fine, you don't need two of the same.

All of the previous skill augs players were able to obtain more than one, so it doesn't really make sense to limit it to 1 now. It sounds like an oversight.

Conversion is better than nothing, but it isn't ideal since it still would be limited to 1 aug total and personas can't convert items.
    Ozon, Allayna and Herf like this.
  8. Lilfella Elder

Well, as it stands the only way to get two of them is on a free trade server. Seems like we agree it's bugged/bad design.
    Allayna likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Finally had a chance to log in to Test tonight on my ancient i7-870 + GTX 560.

Graphics/Texture loading - Much improved since last patch. It's more or less equal to DX9 graphics/texture loading.
    Framerate - Improved since last patch. I feel like there should be more improvement here. On DX11 there's so much optimization that could take place. It's probably going to take more time and I am impatient.

Overall a very good step forward. Thanks for all your work Dev team. Especially you, Cairbrae! :)
  10. jgrahl New Member

In the achievements under Events > Anniversary, the location for "Ghrald McMannus in Katta Castrum" should be in Katta Castellum on all of the achievements with his name. See image.

https://imgur.com/a/NH2q1Dy
    Marton, Fanra and Svann2 like this.
  11. NatazzEvoli Elder

If steps aren't being taken to fix the "under world" mobs that frequently occurs since December, the team isn't using their time to best benefit the user base.
    Ileasa and Tired like this.
  12. jgrahl New Member

In the 25th Anniversary quest Chasing Madness, one of the steps mentions to Speak with a Priest of Torment in Torment, the Plane of Pain. However, the mob name found in that zone is a Priest of Pain. I suggest changing the quest step description, but the mob name could be changed as well. Changing the mob name to Priest of Torment makes more sense since the looted item is a Dollop of Insanity. It is the only one that doesn't match.
  13. kizant Augur

Is there something in game that you can't complete because of it happening?
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

His quest for annihilation and domination of Norrath.
    Ileasa and kizant like this.
  15. Allayna Augur

Reflections of You:

The NPCs in this mission are a joke. They are level 106, with the minis being 110. We've had scaling of instances since at least COTF right? We couldn't have an anniversary mission that scaled to the level of those participating?

The repop, it's fast af. Like within a min or maybe 2 min? Everything repops...given that it doesn't scale to level it turns this into a mob generator potential PL instanced area.

The lag spikes! Every time Gaius the Mad summons baby dragons there is a massive lag spike.

The bonus. It should not be one of the items. That is a massive mistake. It is able to be completed by more than 1 person per mission which is an improvement on previous anniversary quests like the tent. BUT: Once you complete it, that's it. No changing your mind. I tested deleting the type 3 and attempting again.

"Gaius Lucianus shakes his head. 'No, thank you. I think you've already helped me out there.'"

At a minimum you should be able to alternate through the choices...you know, for alternate personas, the feature you launched this year but didn't think through?
    Hobs, Knifen, jgrahl and 3 others like this.
  16. Kalamos Augur

DPG should be made aware that they'll likely have to deal with a lot of CS petitions from players who picked the wrong aug, either by accident, rushing, failed thinking or whatever, if things stay as is on this. Giving players choice is great, but the lack of a way to change that decision is likely going to create some headaches and some extra work for an already thinly stretched CS staff. Given the Persona feature as mentioned by Allayna, being able to repeat the quest and have a Lore equipped tag on the augs seems to make the most sense.
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Allayna Augur

The 25th Anniversary raid NPCs are all gray con mobs to level 125.

Probably has faaaaar too many emotes for how incredibly easy it is.

We took one look and beat it in like 5 minutes. Dropped 2 type 19s and 2 LS marginal improvements over nugget gear...except they lacked any aug slots.

I would recommend increasing the level of the mob. It isn't like level 100s are coming in to fight the content that hits for 125k a swing.

I would recommend reducing the emotes, drastically, it's spammy, without any real consequences.

I would recommend in the future, that anniversary content isn't a wash in 9 months when new raid gear comes out. I think the ship anniversary year is a good example, that had some decent weapons, clicks, fun toys and augs that people all wanted, the only downside was the limited time availability.
    Lubianx, Hobs, Marton and 2 others like this.
  18. bignags New Member

Also can we get a confirmation if possible, is the anniversary raid staying around forever like gmm did since it’s a milestone event I think if not it should be considered if you guys plan to keep the raid 19s in the chest
    NatazzEvoli and Yinla like this.
  19. Tadenea Augur

just a FYI, missing Aug slots is known and will be fixed, no eta
  20. Tired New Member

Raid lag is much worse since the patch.