What are those must do anniversaries?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im was disappointed that there was no continuation from last years quest "A Riveting Tale"
    It ended with the implication that we would find that lost city, but here a year later and nothing.
    Hobitses likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

It was intended for people who haven't run CoV yet. I am not sure how low you can invite someone in doing it at 120, but the lowest we have gotten in so far is a level 109 who would be ineligible for CoV missions.

EDIT: I would also like to add that the Fungal Shrieker Spore is not prestige, either.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

With reference to Loruella and the ondine in the quest, I would guess that it is an open-ended lead in to a branch expansion of TBL for the future.
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

No bonus loot and an old familiar? Come on EQ add a decent click for the 3 bonus parts of the mission.

How does this post not make the devs see hmm old anniversary stuff is good and folks want to repeat them but that they fell drastically short this year?
    Marton and Hobs like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I forget which year it is, but Brick of Knowledge is useful to get to the PoK when your Drunkard's Stein is down. (frequently run into this when tradeskilling and have to run elsewhere to get something)
    Zipe likes this.
  6. Silu Elder

Also ran this with 110s and a 109. It is a nice bump of a Familiar for alts that are less likely to complete challengers to be able to skimp on CoV and still have a familiar to get them through ToL (or to be OP in TBL content, like I'm doing).
    Hobitses likes this.
  7. Randel Flag Elder

Bump for something actually useful on these forums!
    Mesc likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Bump, AV modern starts a week from Saturday on 3/16/24

Add...
    23rd anniversary

Spirit of the Lost (Clicky track a collection)
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=144650
    from
    Whispers in the Dark
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=10831

1 person can get per run. Be careful with your hand ins.\

This is not an anniversary quest, it is a new year quest, but I am going to post it here because it is one of my favorites.

Baby Wrulon Familiar
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=145361
    From the New Year Task
    Ignite the Light
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=11186

Great pet illusion. I am especially fond of it because I am ENC and it matches the Dire Charm buddies from Halls of Honor.
    Nennius and Svann2 like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

10. Alnitak Augur

Vumad likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

12. Alnitak Augur

That's debatable.
    Also, Protective Beak Bauble needs to be farmed off an owlbear and I absolutely have no life juices in me to farm it for every alt I have. Meanwhile Gem of Distant Echo can be purchased by every lowly character.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Looks like this event should be coming up if right info from zam mid march april or may. something my mage could use for the many line.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  14. Randel Flag Elder

this is a worthy read every year
    Flatchy and Yroc like this.
  15. Grove Augur

16. Conq Augur

Clickable from Inventory.
  17. Shea Lorekeeper

So I saw the below mentioned here, but what I hadn't seen mentioned is that if you do the full quest (not needed to just get the helm trophy, you can get the quest, zone in, kill and get trophy) as part of it you get handed a full size, inventory usable Brewing Barrel, that you can keep. Even ignoring the trophy, if you are a tradeskiller, this is super handy.

Everyone in the group gets one.

Short cut version of Liquid Courage for the Golden Helm of Rallos Zek trophy.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

The overseer adds can be a problem cause a wipe easily but it is very easy to manage proactively.

The overseer will spawn in the second large room, just past the 2 guards at the doorway. There are 3 more standing around the rock out to the left. There are 5 standing to the right. Most importantly, a significant number of mobs path through the tunnel and along the left wall.

Pulling the overseer into the tunnel sets you up for the pathing adds. Pulling the overseer away and to the right causes him to path to the rock, so you get the 2 mobs at the tunnel and the 3 mobs at the rock.

You can not pull the overseer with hate's attraction and he sees invis.

So...

Have someone run for update 7, then come back into the room. As soon as they enter they can walk off the edge and levi down to camp. From step 6, this is enter the room and go to the right between the right rock and the larger center piller. Kill those 5 mobs. Then the 3 by the rock. Then the 2 in the tunnel entrance. You can avoid all the mobs that path. If you got step 7 update 1st, these mobs should count for step 8.

Once you loot the chest (being sure the player who needs the clicky loots this chest item and the item on the overseer after), go back to the overseer, and just like how you got the update and levied down to camp, just walk into the 2nd room and immediately step off the ledge and levi down. Pull the overseer to that spot away from the roamers.

If you have an issue with adds, they can be AE mezed, mostly, but I had so many my first go that I was actually hitting the target limit. Burned and exodus, thank goodness for ADV loot window.
    Graag Baash and Quatr like this.
  19. Bumkus Elder

Good tips Vumad. This has been the most wipe-y of all anniversary missions for me. But the reward made it totally worth it. Tracking down collectibles in Greater Fay was a nightmare without the collection clicky finder.
  20. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

That mission could be hard, but I found it easy. In the room the Overseer spawns, I wipe the room out before I get to the Overseer step. No adds equals simple burn fest. It's one of the few anniversary missions I enjoy.