Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 4, 2024.

1. EQ Dev Developer

March 5, 2024

*** Highlights ***

- Starting March 16th, seek out Alta the Frightened in Crescent Reach to start the 25th Anniversary quests!

*** Items ***

- The names, icons, and lore text have been swapped for the Guardian's Girdle and Assaulter's Belt.
    - Type 7 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time have had stat adjustments where applicable.
    - Fixed an issue that caused Selyrah mounts to disappear and their buffs to misbehave.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Reduced the price of mounts on the anniversary merchant.

*** Spells ***

- Cleric - Increased the damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Unrelenting Hammer of Zeal.
    - Enchanter - Increased the HP and damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Flariton's Animation.
    - Shaman - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Suja's Faithful.
    - Shadowknight - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Minion of Fandrel.
    - Wizard - Increased the damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Kindleheart's Pyroblade.
    - Wizard - Irae Faycite Shard: Glacial Ice Cascade will now also focus Wildice Cascade XI rather than Rimeclaw Torrent.
    - Monk - Moved all abilities in the Clawstriker's Flurry line of abilities from timer 9 to timer 12.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Fixed a bug where mercenaries suspended after a persona swap would unsuspend after zoning without the mercenary window reflecting the unsuspension.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Modest Illdaera, Elegant Oseka, Stately Ladrys, and Ostentatious Ryken armor are now marked as quest items.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Doubled the maximum number of allowed players per pickzone for Laurion Inn.
    - Increased the Dragon's Hoard cap to 500.
    - Optimized the processing performance of the client log file to reduce hitching and stuttering.
    - The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.
    - Corrected an issue that caused a player's level and class to not get updated in the Guild Window after leaving a monster mission.
    - Made several changes to improve client and zone performance.
    - Refined the tuning of Memory.ini for smoother framerate: Balanced and Most memory modes have pre-loaded textures. Least memory mode has always had deferred texture loading.

- The EverQuest Team
    Yinla, Iven, fransisco and 4 others like this.
  2. Meeko Developer(Code)

I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note.

tl;dr
    This change will result in the potential for more AA experience gain for characters that were hitting the per-kill AA cap.

More Details
    There is a cap on how much experience can be earned from a single NPC kill. Currently, that amount is 10% of normal leveling experience or 5 AA.

Under certain conditions (low level, big server bonus, etc) the normal leveling experience can exceed the cap because it is applied towards the start of the experience equation. There are a few mods applied, then the cap is checked against, then more mods are applied. The Refer-A-Friend, Legacy Character, and server modifiers are a few(though not all) of the mods applied after the cap. A character that reached the cap with the base amount of experience but had these mods active would earn more than the cap.

However, AA experience worked differently. The cap for AA experience was applied at the end of the equation after all of the mods had been applied. This meant that going beyond the AA cap wasn't possible because there weren't any mods applied after experience was capped. With the amount of experience earned at the current max level, it's possible to reach the per-kill cap with no mods active. When large bonuses were active, such as during holidays or Extra Life, the bonus wasn't providing as much of a benefit for those that opted to put all of their experience towards AA and were close to hitting the cap without it.

The AA experience equation has been updated to more closely match the normal leveling equation when it comes to the order the mods and cap are applied. This change will result in the potential for more AA experience gain for characters that were hitting the per-kill AA cap.
    Maedhros, Eviara, minimind and 19 others like this.
  3. Emilari UI Designer

This is a good change... though it's going to take many more changes to make much of a dent. I hope it's a first step with more to follow.

Also looking forward to these! I'm glad to see the back-end being tinkered with still in hopes of reducing lag and graphical issues.
  4. Paladin Augur

I appears that for the 2nd Year in a row, absolutely nothing new has been added to the Anniversary Vendor.

Also, RE: "- Reduced the price of mounts on the anniversary merchant."

This needs to include a refund of Commemorative Coin for those of us who all ready bought the mounts! That Coin was hard earned 5 to 20 at a time!
    Zaray and Toukan like this.
  5. Hekaton Augur

Oh man I like your style. I bought my car two years ago and just saw it $2000 cheaper. I’m going to go back and ask for a refund
    Nightmares, minimind, B0HICA and 5 others like this.
  6. Swiss Augur

Anyone on test able to see if this helps the lag issue that is most obvious on Myconid Mutiny NoS raid? every time the mushrooms spawned in the first waves and the mushroom illusion on players later our entire raid stutters/freezes. This issue is of course other places but this is the one I know of being the worst, this past saturday I believe we also saw it when archers spawned on the Final Fugue LS raid.

You don't need a raid force to test it since the 4 waves are non agro and can kite or avoid the few random adds that spawn.
  7. Riou EQResource

Unfortunately like no one raids on Test and the Lag Piles are like 1/5 as big as any Live servers
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Fennemin New Member

I'm assuming this is why I don't have issues with a world of white/sometimes-tinted polygons for an extended period of time when entering PoK or the Guild Lobby. The last patch was rather frustrating after seeing the quality decline so drastically, so I look forward to seeing a similar improvement on Live later this month. Good job.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you Meeko :)
  10. Fennemin New Member

It was apparently easier to earn than intended before the last patch, given that they increased the timeout on the HA's to six hours. Of course, you had to redo the key quest over and over, but that was still far less than six hours. As a rogue main not especially interested in vanity items, I anticipate never buying the mount and having thousands of surplus coins by the end of the year.

The current state of affairs is likely as hard as it will ever be to earn those coins, as each month brings a new mission on a separate timer that can be cycled through. The only thing that would make it harder going forward would be if they beefed up the difficulty so that it took a full group to complete the missions. That would add a layer of difficulty for most honest players, but still leave it trivial for automaton groups.
  11. Paladin Augur

Not the Tides of Time vendor, the Anniversary Vendor in PoK.

The Mounts on the PoK Vendor costs as much as 1,750 Commemorative Coin, if I recall correctly. It looks like they have dropped the costs to 1K each, or less. That's a huge decrease, but once again, for reasons unknown, there is nothing new on that Vendor.

One would think for such a landmark Anniversary there would cool new stuff...
    Toukan and Barraind like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

OR they are keeping it secret until released on live.

I'm guessing they aren't getting people to repeat the anniversary events enough to get he higher priced mounts. I don't think I've spent any currency at all at the anniversary vendor. I'm a get what I want from the quests and missions, help friends get what they want and then I'm done. I never remember to check the vendor to see what is on it.
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. Fennemin New Member

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood.
    Paladin likes this.
  14. Comrade Heorot New Member

Is any other monk curious as to the moving of the clawstrikers line to timer 12?
    I'm having trouble in seeing any benefit, and surely seeing detriment.
    Silvena likes this.
  15. Paladin Augur

It was the same situation last year (no new stuff on Test, which carried over to live).

Your argument may be valid on pursuit of Coins... but they did drop the Mount prices significantly, so...
  16. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

Seems the Lv.65 Type7 Augs are not deemed "Applicable" ..

**System wouldn't let me upload a picture.. so Text it is**
    Remarkable Vigorous Gem of Distant Echoes
    Type 7/8 Aug +5str @ level 65
    Defenestrated Vase likes this.
  17. Bumkus Elder

Does this apply to AA granted for mission/task rewards?

Can LoTD push AA past the 5AA limit per kill?

Is AA limited by the 200% max XP cap that is being discussed in other threads?
  18. Strat79 Apprentice

You can get above 5 per kill for sure. Was getting 7-9 per kill in LI with lesson going at 125.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Windance Augur

Timer 9 is synergy line
    Timer 12 is the of fists line so I think it fits in 12 better than 9.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What's the highest level disc of the Clawstriker's Flurry line? I can't figure out what has changed to see if I object :D