In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skecpa, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Klucifer Lorekeeper

Category: Pathing
    Date/Time: Mon Feb 19 15:26:41 2024

Character: Level 90 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: The Feerrott

Description: couldn't hit the mob, even though i could see it.

Half Elf, Lev on, not shrunk or anything...mob was a wolf. There was a small bush i didn't notice at first...
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Klucifer Lorekeeper

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Feb 21 17:39:30 2024

Character: Level 90 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: The Grounds 1

Description: "cannot see the mob" half elf character, not shrunk, no lev uneven terrain
  3. Bound New Member

Running into the same issues above through out HoT, including in Morrell's Castle.
  4. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I have had this happen in LS when pulling mobs at the owlbear camp. Always happens when pulling them up the hill in the middle of the crevice.

I have also had it happen in Final Fugue when the female goblins charge you directly and the NPCs aggro the other goblins which are coming up the hill leading out of the tunnel. Once that happens the only way to get them out of the geometry is having a pet taunt it out.

Both scenarios for me it happens when the NPCs are coming up a hill.

Were NPC hit boxes made smaller this expansion? I have also noticed some proximity aggro issues here and there.
  5. Klucifer Lorekeeper

Category: NPC
    Date/Time: Thu Feb 29 15:25:18 2024

Character: Level 120 Shadow Knight
    Zone: Al'Kabor's Nightmare

Description: attacking a black wolf, levitating and in goblin illusion (as this is the first island automatically makes you a goblin). unable to hit mob, zone geometry in play.
  6. aozs Augur

Seen this several times.

Additional observation: recently in the Restless Assault mission wurm caves, a mob was stuck in this state and summoned my tank to it when the pet it was hitting died. My tank (no shrink, no lev, high elf) got put halfway under the ground, with only the upper half of the model sticking out of the ground. I walked toward the nearby frozen river which has an upward slope and was able to get back to normal.

Seems like this is evidence that mobs are getting slightly underneath the world with this issue.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Jack Elder

So, much like during the FF mission, the adds that spawn in that tunnel area were unhittable in the FF raid. I notice this the most when there are npcs also attacking the mobs, mercs, pets, npcs that join you in a mission/raid. It makes it really hard to drag the mob to an area that the game decides you can see them when none of your abilities are working because you 'can't see your target'
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We also had this in the FF raid on Sunday night on AB.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I use Companion's Relocation AA to move the mob when this happens.
  10. rusco New Member

maybe one day in they will move beyond the Q&A on this.
  11. Silvena *poke*

Maybe. It's gone from Info Needed to QA in Progress, back to Info Needed... now QA in Progress again.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce the issue at the NPC locations mentioned in the thread. Can anyone affected by the issue share NPC locations as well as your PC locations where you experienced the LOS issue. Additionally the race, grow/shrink, and levitation details help us as well.
  13. looffy Journeyman

Phase 3 Plane of Time, drag the mobs up the steps to the portal that goes to phase 4. It happens to about 10 mobs per clear, shrink/grow/lev dont seem to matter.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Just to mention, that when this happens to our party, there are several different races (Halfling, Dark Elf, Erudite, Barbarian, Human) that experience it all at the same time. None are shrunk. The location of the PCs also do not seem to matter much, as we are not all standing/mounted in the exact same spot (which would be impossible).

I understand you are seeking as much information as you can, but this is an issue with the mob and the environment, not the PCs. The mob interaction with the environment is causing this. Moving the mob fixes it. Moving the players or the player race does not make a difference.

This does not seem to be tied to specific locations, or at least not in any way that can be reported. I mean we cannot ask the mob to give us their exact location. Which could be why you are unable to reproduce this.

Every few hours of playing this appears to happen. Simply grinding mobs in a spot will eventually cause this to happen. I do believe that the z-axis (fighting on a slope, etc.) is involved in some fashion, although it is hard to judge, especially since there are very few perfectly level places in EQ.
    Yinla, Kaenneth, daBlubb and 5 others like this.
  15. Dewd Master

Literally go to any hill/ramp, stand still, pull a mob to you so it has to path up/down said hill/ramp, and press attack. A large percentage of the time you will be unable to hit the mob until you move up/down said ramp/hill ever so slightly to force the mob to reposition to you.

So many places I have seen this. Lichen Creep, Feerrott The Dream, Morells Castle at the sandcastle on the beach.

I cant believe this has not been reproduceable. It was immediately noticed on the launch of LS, some mechanic was introduced with the launch patch and has been a problem ever since.
  16. Kutsuu Augur

Hard to reproduce when you don't actually play the game, I guess? I can't think of any other explanation that makes sense. This problem is so prevalent on uneven ground... even in areas like Convorteum where the ground is flat, but has detail to it (little raised areas, etc).

Kill more than one mob. Just grind mobs on a ramp/hill/uneven ground for a few minutes.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

This has occured in the "Tyrant of Fire" mission in TBL - the one where you are in the first fort in PoFire. Up on the 2nd floor (on top of the walls), it occurs near the North East stairs (East side of castle, the stairs on the north end). No one is shrunk, but quite often mobs become unhittable there. Are not fighting on the stairs themselves, but in the flat area
  18. Lilfella Elder

If you give the ally-NPCs on the Final Fugue raid the JTbuff, you'll see this happen occasionally on stage 3:

from absor's writeup:

When they fight on a slight hill/angle, players can't melee or cast on at least one of the goblins pretty frequently.
  19. Angahran Augur

Just go to any hilly area in Laurion's Inn, e.g. by the undead.
    Stand on a slop and pull mobs.
    Randomly you'll get "you can't hit" spam, while the mob continues to happily beat you to death.

How about this as an easy test. Move the line of sight marker on NPCs from the bottom of their feet to the center of the model?
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

May I recommend you contact some of the players that have replied below your post and arrange to meet them on their server and have them show you? Bring your GM character along and, according to them, they will reproduce this for you as you stand there.

At least they seem to be saying they can reproduce this at will, so I would go see if that is the case. It seems that would be a lot easier than going through the reports from lots of people and going to the locations they listed, which cannot give the mob's location as the exact mob location (exact number, not a rough estimate) is known only to the mob.
    Yinla likes this.