my dream tlp in may

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

Except it did work on Aradune.
    Was there a % that broke the rules? Absolutely.
    I can still remember in TSS when GMs would bust people even 3 boxing.
    Aradune was a great server . Rizlona was about 1/4 the real population due to everyone using 6-24 boxes.
  2. Go Take A Nap Augur

I enjoyed some of the Oakwynd perks and would like to see that on the new server.

If i could have the perfect server it would be:

- Mischief clone. Random free trade, except tone down pinata loot after classic/kunark. One month classic makes sense to have more loot but expansions after Velious its a bit over kill. Maybe just double loot there after.

- Expansion bonuses. Gives us something unique to look forward to with each expansion

- 10% bonus per max level on account. This was great, lots more groups, lots more people wanting epic help and gear up needs.

- Alts on account dont share raid lockouts. This was amazing fun for side activities or extra raid nights, coupled with the bonus exp on your account it kept me playing.

- 2 month PoP and 1 month LDoN, Or launch together. With random loot/ free trade we need to move a faster through the typical burn out expansions.

- Speaking of burn out expansions Crunch lvl 70 content a bit. Lots burn out during this era. Either shorter unlocks or double up on expansions. OoW + DoN would be a great start or just launch DoN after 1 month.
    Grau likes this.
  3. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Yes when there is a choice between true box and relax box...there is going to be less boxers on the true box server (DUH!!!)....when there is one server it does nothing to reduce boxing...nothing....nilch....nada...
    jeskola likes this.
  4. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Haha what are you talking about. Did you quote my post on part by mistake?

But yes, give me life back before social media!!!
  5. Sakuraba Augur

I think a good idea would be:

For both servers,
    -Free Trade
    -Random Loot
    -10% EXP bonus for capped alts
    -Alts do not share Raid Lockouts
    -Faster EXP rate in Kunark onward, Faster AA EXP specifically in OoW onward.

Server A gets these additional rules,
    -True Box
    -Standard unlock cadence, except LDoN and PoP launch at the same. DoN launches with OoW
    -First to Engage
    -Heirloom Loot

Server B gets these additional rules,
    -No limits on boxing
    -Faster unlock cadence, LDoN/PoP and OoW/DoN are paired
    -No FTE
    -Multiple iterations of Quest Items drop on a single mob to facilitate easier keying/etc for box armies.
  6. pipo Lorekeeper

I want server B please.

And get rid of VP and VT keys. Or put an astral projection on Trakanon and Emperor that you can hail for a key. You can give a ilusion wand to the ones who do the full quest or whatever.

Also unlock Pop zones each two or three weeks.
  7. Ravin Journeyman

Because doing keys like others would slow down your farming bots?
  8. pipo Lorekeeper

Nop.
    Because that keys where designed for expansions that lasted 9 to 12 months (or more) and if expansions are going to last for 2 or 3 months they become a nonsense and only benefit boters
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Remove true box from all servers...

Then do 2 servers 1 with FTE the other without....
  10. Ddezul Augur

No free trade on Server A please.
    Oakwynd rules plus combining the 'bad expacs'.
    Start in GoD.

I know there's a contingent of 'fr33 tr4d3' thumpers on the boards but it's not all that for the majority of gamers. Just like when aradune and rizlona launched. The board vocal minority was all in on riz...Aradune was much more successful.
  11. Sakuraba Augur

True. The main reason I considered Free Trade was the ability to hand off items in groups if you can't use it, but that's not really what happens anyways LOL. Usually the item gets pocketed and sold for Krono, etc.
    Ddezul likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you using heirloom, free trade makes it unnecessery, it is an either or not both.
  13. AzzlannOG Elder

There are already several places that have that.
  14. Ddezul Augur

If we are being honest, the people that want free trade literally only want to make that krono for whatever reason.
  15. Ravin Journeyman

Actually, I believe that free trade with Mischief loot reduced the krono lords' profits. The bazaar was flooded by "normal" players, reducing prices on everything.
    Manafasto likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

It's cool bruh, act like what I said was crazy then acknowledge part of it ;) to be honest what I said about a time machine applies more to the nostalgia newcomers, rerollers, and anti-box puggers. We all want to feel that feeling we did our first time through EverQuest. Progression servers can only provide a small portion of that regarding ruleset. A lot of it is simply gone via time.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Garbage e m u no thanks. I prefer QOL updates and mouse look that isnt trashfire.
  18. Ddezul Augur

and has krono
  19. AzzlannOG Elder

Relaxed truebox or no truebox brings more box armies, which we have established is a bad thing. If you want to box just do what the rest of us do and get some laptops. Or dont box.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Right, all the boxers on truebox servers have stacks of laptops, those guys selling raid loot rights included. ;) it's 2024, it's kinda gross to run that many computers at once. It's bad for the environment, bad for your computer room's HVAC, and bad for the eye unless hoarder house is your home decor vibe. The concept is way outdated.