Yet another I'm quiting post...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Feb 20, 2024.

1. hein Augur

Thank you for your input, however your missing the whole point and context of my argument. I actually don't mind mercenary kill task. In fact, I love what they did with LI and how they made those repeatable. However, that's not a bulk of the exp. If your doing the progression much more exp comes from doing all the missions and partisan quest.

Here is the problem. If your not already 120 and can jump into the new content, what are your options? I'm not going to list them here, because I clearly outlined them in my post above.

You CAN NOT get where you want by just doing the mercenary quest for 5% exp. I mean... is that really your argument?

I guess if your 120 you can technically do all the mercenary and then do the LI versions on repeat from 120-125. This is assuming you can find groups or your boxing your own team.

If you read my post, you will find that what I'm truly upset about is that many of the walls people run into with this game are intentional and a method to sell potions, level boost and krono. Which demonstrates that they are completely disconnected from what EQ actually is and what it's user want. Additionally, there have been several post and comments where I make similar arguments (before I decided to quit), that were censored and removed from the forums. This also demonstrates a lack of interest in the concerns of it's players.

Hey, if you love doing Overseer to fill in the gaps and doing progression, go for it. Enjoy! You love this new game, hey have fun. I'm making the point that people like me, many of whom have been a part of this game for 20+ years have had enough.

Good luck!
    Bobokin likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I thought you were "done" with EQ. :p That's a lot of retort and opinion for someone who's leaving.

I have never bought a potion or level boost. Ever. Your notion that this is a "wall" is false. I will cede that Darkpaw/DBG/EG7 run a business. They are going to offer products to increase profits. Whoa! Who knew? Businesses try to make money off their customers? Incredible, right?

You're choosing to vote with your dollars - perfectly within your rights. In all your posts in this thread I still don't see specifics about what you want. Which leads me to believe you're simply here to complain and garner attention - mission successful, I suppose.

What, precisely, would "fix" EverQuest?
  3. Kyzvs Augur

I'm enjoying EQ at the moment. Mainly by not watching the XP bar.

I two-box and am loving going through all the 60-85 content I was too busy / missed / didn't have a strong enough setup for. I've done dozens of quests I've never even seen before and am really enjoying it. I'll never get to current content as once the content moves away from "classic EQ" style I lose interest, but I sub x2 and as long as they leave the old stuff the hell alone I'm happy to keep paying.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Puckbone and Dre. like this.
  4. hein Augur

Happy to hear it. This is a great attitude for enjoying the game in it's current state.
  5. Peter_The_great Elder

I'm also quitting for real this time.

Game is just to broken, to focused to group when game is kinda dead.. 300 people at most.. 3/4 is boxers who does not play with others.

Stuttering mess etc etc. graphical explosions artifacts etc.. missing textures.
    mercury890 likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hope you have fun out there. There's lots of great things to do, see, and play outside of EQ.
  7. hein Augur

Yep, you got me. I'm desperate for attention, that's the reason for my post.
    mercury890 likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If the shoe fits!

Couldn't help but note not a single "fix" was included in your response. This isn't unusual or unexpected. People typically flock to the forums to complain, usually baselessly, usually without any specific gripe. These absolutely pointless "I quit" threads only serve the original poster and not the community.
  9. Peter_The_great Elder

100% true, life it way to short to waste on a game like this.
    hein likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

tl;dr

don't care
    Tarvas and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  11. hein Augur

The reason I didn't list the fix, is because I addressed this clearly in the original post. If you can't pull that out of the context, then... that's your issue. Additionally, if you read the responses from others through out the post, you can see that my arguments are not baseless. In-fact, many feel this way. Your trying to win an argument, I'm not.

You win... you're the intellectual giant and I'm just a silly guy looking for attention making baseless arguments. There... you feel good now? Enjoy your day!!!
    Bobokin likes this.
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I quit years ago and I am still here...dial up everquest and getting disconnected after that rare drop from a rare named finally drops and you only have 7 mins to try to get back into the corpse before it rots. The good ole days and memories.

MMOs today have become too easy I think. I remember feeling scared / real risk when running around the world and maybe dying and having to try to get back to the corpse or lose everything. I am not sure if we are better off today or not. The game is much simpler / easier to play these days but some of those classic feelings just aren't there anymore.

miss some of the danger and risk.
    Zaray likes this.
  13. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Psychologists call it learned helplessness. Ask for simple fixes, lag reduction, more content, class balance, banning of cheaters etc... 1000 times, what do you get? Generally ignored, occasional lip service toward lag reduction that doesn't pan out, reduction of content per cookiecutter expansion (oh so cool, I got more extensions of the same aa lines, new names on my spells, new gear +15%, new merc/partisan/hunter/collect), class balance long after most of the players of the neglected classes quit (better late than never, but paying customers generally want on time), EG7 reduces labor hours for EQ in favor of transferring more EQ profits to other games and boondoggles like EQ3 that will be DOA as the MMO market itself is dying.

Why should we continue to pay for a game EG7 doesn't think is worth investing in? Why ask for anything when silence is the typical answer from those who matter?
    Bobokin and hein like this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

On the contrary:
    - Backend data and server migration restructure
    - 64-bit game engine migration
    - UI engine rebuild
    - DX11 graphics API migration

Just because something was executed poorly doesn't mean it was done so intentionally.

Do I wish class balance, lag, content were better? Absolutely. Quitting over anything is a personal decision. Announcing such is an exercise in vanity. :confused:
  15. Dre. Altoholic

This forum is full of fantastic ideas that will never be implemented. One hinted at by OP, and frequently posted is to "fix" experience after level (insert number here) to something that people can attain by uh, just killing blue stuff, by themselves, with a merc, or a friend... at a rate that won't drive them to insanity.
    Sita, Bobokin and hein like this.
  16. HunksterFV New Member

This is the biggest problem I have with this game right now. Duping and 24/7 AFK PL for literal years, across multiple servers, goes untouched. I'm not sure if it's because it drives Krono sales or if they're in cahoots with the FV / EM / Bristle / Bertox / Drin / Xegony / CT⭐1-125 and AA Powerleveling, Paragons, Gear + More Lightning Fast ⚡ Best Price Verified Seller guy, but either way it's ridiculous.
    Bobokin and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I never said you were a silly guy. :p But you are making a silly argument.

Do I feel good about people leaving? Never.
    Do I agree with your assessment of the game? No. My perspective and opinion differ from yours.

Once again, I hope you find what you seek. In the many times I've left the game I return because, despite its shortcomings, EverQuest offers to me what no other game has so far. Fun and adventure in a style and scope that suit me.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Mostly cost cutting and bare minimum to continue business as Windows moves towards stopping support on DX9, Win10, etc. Even if they could do amazing things with these changes, they won't, because they're busy on DDO, LOTRO, EQ2, DCUO, Core Keeper, H1Z1, MTGO, Mechwarrior, etc.

What I see are less raids, less missions, less zones, reuse of old models, just the bare minimum due diligence to maintain the revenue. There are no EQ devs, there are only EG7 devs, and they'll soon be more worried about EQ3 than the next EQ expansion, which they're already faltering on.
    hein likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree with you on leaving. Many of us are also leaving for various reasons but I think we can sum them all up in one old saying:

its (the latest patch, fix, etc) the straw that broke the camel's back.

We, the players have put up with a lot, done our own troubleshooting and looked for improvements that have never happened or happen so sloppily as to be unusable. No more
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's the real tradegy with the dev team. They've become so detached when it comes to actually playing the game, that they no longer care and have stopped trying to understand what it means to actually be a player.

This forum is full of people who actually play the game and understand it. People who know where the problems are and what needs to be addressed. And those concerns are presented, for the most part, in a thoughtful, detailed manner...usually with tons of data/examples to back it up.

And the devs utterly ignore it. The greatest resource the devs have...and it all goes to waste.
    Bobokin, Yinla and hein like this.