my dream tlp in may

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Jan 18, 2024.

1. mark Augur

Random loot including epics and make shore there is no bottleneck,all drops tradable including epics drops,and no truebox.
    ECrack, Chislett and Brontus like this.
  2. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Hi Mark,

Glad to see you're alive and well with another amazing post.
  3. mark Augur

sarcasem or amazed by the post ?
  4. Labzeh Lorekeeper

5. jeskola pheerie

6. NImxat Elder

So new TLP thread number 1568? LOL.
    Anyway, random loot, FT, classic start (6-8 weeks).
  7. Trozz New Member

All races, all classes at start
    ajschliewe, Tyranthraxus and Cidran like this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

No ports
    No sow
    No translocators
    All movement hacks blocked

Make people experience the world for what it is. Force fun down their throats.
    fransisco, Shalom, Kutsuu and 2 others like this.
  9. Zinth Augur

almost there...
    • semi random loot (1 pc normal for the mob, 1 pc random) so you CAN camp something specific but also can avoid the "overcamped" stuff and just hope on luck.
    • double loot OR reduced lockout times/spawn times for namers (not both at the same time) double loot is more relaxed, reduced lockout times is more hardcore
    • free trade
    • first to engage
    • all classes (races ppl can change later on, more money for EQ)
    • Trilogy start 6 months, everything else 4 months (PoP includes LDoN/LoY, OoW includes DoN, DoDH includes PoR) that should make the 65 and 70 era more bearable... GoD is an EXCELLENT expansion on TLP (it was horrible on live back in the days) they fixed it really well and it plays great.
    • Relaxed Truebox, removing it at SoD
    • double "keys" on everything, so if it normally drops a component for a key or a key, then it drops two instead, makes "flagging" faster and less tedious and lets people move into the dungeons/raids faster, giving more time in the content people want and more time to farm and enjoy the gear farmed before the next expansions makes the race start all over.
  10. NImxat Elder

I'm not wild about reduced lockouts. Do we really want to raid 6 nights a week?
    Krizem and Yinla like this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I haven't been on the forums for 2 years but I feel like I never left with this thread. :)
  12. jeskola pheerie

This forum is the TLP forum in more ways than one.
  13. Chislett New Member

The only thing I would add would be to use the same release timeline as Ragefire and Lockjaw used. I hate racing through content.
  14. mark Augur

3 months lockouts so we dont need to do god until we move onto the new tlp every year
  15. itiswhatitis Elder

-1 server truebox other non truebox.
    -Open world motm
    -AoC don't have motm 30-36 players max in dz
    -Fv loot
  16. Psalmz Elder

Limiting the number of players allowed in an AoC instance would mean reducing the number of players who can challenge dragons etc. This would drive players away from the game. "Then go make your own guild." you say?, not good for the game.
  17. itiswhatitis Elder

That is why i said take off MoTM. It would be harder yes but i think guilds would have fun with it since they would have to choose a little better on what they would want to bring to raids. without motm(even with motm) everything is doable by 36ish.

18. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

Any tlp rule set that has the Wizard starting not neck deep in the suckage and then disappearing under the mucky suckage sea never to return.
  19. Psalmz Elder

I think you missed the point. Limiting the number of toons means excluding players from raids.
  20. Ragnoruk Augur

Open World Random Loot from Non-Raid Targets - Double Loot from Raids - Relaxed Truebox from the start - All Classes available from the start - No Key Requirements - All Items Heirloom - Open World Spawn Time reduced by half.

Original + Kunark Start - 3 Months
    Velious - 2 Months
    Luclin - 2 Months
    PoP + LoY + LDoN - 2-3 Months