Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 13, 2024.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Strat79 Apprentice

Coin from Live is no longer copying to test. Tried on 3 different toons. Making sure I forced a save by camping and coming back in before copying.
    Captain Video likes this.
  3. DeadRagarr Augur

- AAs granted via rewards should now correctly apply to all personas. This includes Banestrike, Essence of the Dragon, Hero's Barracks, Hero's Fortitude, Hero's Resolution, Hero's Vitality, and Trophy Collector.

Couldn't get the AA's to share across.

Logged into a persona w/o heroic AA's. Swapping back and forth and relogging didn't share.
    Logged into a character with Heroic AA's and swapping to persona did not unlock Heroic AA's.
    Lessw likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Glimpse of the Void - 'Summons a land shark.'
    Glimpse of the Void Rk. II - 'Changes your pet to look like a land shark.'
    Glimpse of the Void Rk. III - 'Summons a vulpine trickster.'

These 3 spells inherited bad description ids from their real spells due to description id used
    Paladin likes this.
  5. Paladin Augur

Tower Quest items in Lavastorm are MIA.
    Lessw likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

what does a land shark look like?
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

<knock knock>
    Who is it?
    Land shark.
    What?
    <Knock Knock>
    Who is it?
    Candy-gram.
    <Opens door>...
    [IMG]
    CrazyLarth, fransisco and Nennius like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

it uses the newer like cov era shark model
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Did a fun comic panel back then of Fironia jumping a shark on waterskis and then a shark jumping a caster on dry land.

Good times.
  10. Cuzon Elder

Unable to swap persona's after patch. It shows them all on my character window, but it says I cannot swap because "You do not have the required feature and/or available persona slots to change personas."

Tried zoning, and logging to see if it would fix but sadly it did not.
    Captain Video and Meeko like this.
  11. Meeko Developer(Code)

What was the name of the character you were testing with? Feel free to DM me if you don't want to post it publicly.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

Pharce and Chantill were both tested
    Meeko likes this.
  13. Kodaji Journeyman

Assuming the intent behind the Memory.ini line in the notes was to change that file according to the (excellent) dev suggestion posted earlier, I regret to inform you that someone accidentally patched the old Memory.ini file with the old Memory.ini file.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Are we stuck on this indefinitely? It's rather hard to test anything persona-related when we can't change personas.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  15. Cuzon Elder

Is there an issue with the naming filter system since the patch yesterday? I deleted a character that I had because I wanted to use his name on a different character. After I deleted the character to free up the name (Cuzon), I bought the name change potion and used it. To my surprise the system is telling me that my name is reserved? I thought this was odd since I have used this name for years. This is on the test server.

I logged onto the live servers and I was able to create 2 characters on different servers named Cuzon with no issue. I put in a petition, but CS said they are unable to help. Is there something weird going on with the name filter system on Test?
  16. Febb Augur

Confirmed. I don't see anything in Lavastorm that resembles disturbed lava and the rockpiles near or in lava don't give anything when right clicking the shovel.
    Svann2 likes this.
  17. DeadRagarr Augur

Character: Deadpersona

Can't swap persona's. <Blanked out>

"You do not have the required feature and/or available persona slots to change personas.
  18. Meeko Developer(Code)

Can you confirm the AAs and ranks of them that you're expecting to share? Additionally, was the character Test-copied over after the patch or was the character already on Test with multiple personas and ranks of the AAs?
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

Pharce:
    Banestrike: 1/4
    Hero's Fortitude: 71/98
    Hero's Resolution: 47/49
    Hero's Vitality: 71/98
    Trophy Collector: 4/4

Shadowknight has these AA's other persona does not.

Chantill:
    Banestrike: 4/4
    Hero's Fortitude: 94/98
    Hero's Resolution: 47/49
    Hero's Vitality: 94/98
    Trophy Collector: 4/4

Enchanter has these AA's other persona does not.
  20. Sdoofbuc Augur

Existing character on Test. No personas. I do own the expansion.
    I had the ability to create a new persona before the patch. I cannot after the patch. The button is grayed out.
    Someone in general chat said you need 5AA or less. Another person said they had 17AA banked and had to drop to 1AA in order to swap to an existing persona.