Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. SuinegOne New Member

You get to gatekeep what is or isn't a valid complaint? You think that they would listen to changing stats across the board on gear (because if you understand math at all you would realize that making T1 better means increases on everything else above it)?

You have always had the absolute worst takes on every topic you reply to.

That being said you are correct, they will not listen to any feedback. If it isn't a reproducible bug, that they agree is a bug and also important enough to fix, they have already made final decisions on anything that is live in the game.
  2. Lianeb Augur

14 raids = 10 items
    0 loots = 6 Raids
    1 loot = 6 Raids
    2 loot = 2 Raids
    3 loot = 0 Raids
    Is it actually 0-3?
    FYAD likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't mean that it is a good idea and you sort of suggested it again.

You said it here

And you said it here as well.

It sure seems like in both of the posts I responded to you mention removing T1 drops from the game because TS drops are better.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you really calling a suggestion to make the T1 drops more worth looting gatekeeping? Do you honestly think that it the current situation where people don't want to loot over half the drops because the TS items are better a good one?

You don't seem to understand what I am suggesting which is to make the T1 and TS drops similar in quality and the differences be more like it is with items of the same slot in T1 and TS which means it is a matter of player preference which is best, not just raw stats.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You can’t expect to have the best armor, if you don’t put some fish scales on it.
    Vumad and Annastasya like this.
  6. SuinegOne New Member

The gatekeeping was you stating which things could be complained about.

You’re suggesting that a TIERED system be essentially homogeneous stats? Another bad take by Waring.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You seriously consider suggesting that they fix the gear that people don't want instead of trying to increase the drop rates of other items is gate keeping? And how is everyone wearing the same couple of items better then making the states equal and letting people choose if they want the dropped or TS items based on the minor differences and drop rates? I guess in your mind it is better to have everyone wearing the same gear then giving them a few more choices to choose from.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personnally I prefered the RoS and EoK way of doing loot.

In RoS the TS was ideal for catching up apps and newly leveled chars, 1 ore for any slot to upgrade group TS items. In EoK just having to click the item to change it to your class for visables put it on par with non visables that you could use it imediatly after you recieved it rather than having to purchase items from NPCs and combine so you would wear it.

I don't like the way gear is currently created.
    Vumad, Barraind and Koshka like this.
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Complete tangent, but I find it strange that in Everquest you never actually quest for any gear. I never really understood their aversion to quests rewarding some equipment.
  10. Allayna Augur

The Rallos Zek Earring is a decent....while somewhat recent example of quested gear. There is even a mission you wouldn't otherwise see unless you did the earring.

EQ lacks item customization for sure. Type 18/19s brought some of that back but the limitations make it somewhat bland. I was excited on beta when there was a new charm/ammo evolving and disappointed that you lose them both for teleport rings.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

My alts need gear too.
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

WTB: T-shirt that reads "Alts are people too!"
    Bigstomp likes this.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

And if they upped "t2" loot in chests your alts would better off.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The drop rate will be much better on average as the expansion progresses and there is no reason to rush to adjust drop rates after a couple of weeks. People had the same complaint last year and it worked out okay in the end.
  15. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Out of like 30-40 chests I've seen since the expansion raids went live, I have seen 3-ores twice, both of which were in this past week.
    I have seen 0-ores about 15 times.

Normally we could maybe get past this, but since we're at 2/3rd of the normal raids we would have, this is much more impactful.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

What does that have to do with anything? Please, don't respond to comments which are clearly facetious.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Given that people are complaining about drop rate and there have only been a few raids completed so far this expansion it is critical to understand that as more raids are completed (and later on doubled) that the average drop rate is going to be higher then people are seeing now. Give it time and people will be able to get all the gear that they need/want and there is no need to rush to increase the drop rate.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Agreed, it's really the perfect reward structure and ideal gameplay experience. Just walk through it, your raid base hasn't seen anything new in 9 months, and so you release 2 of the 8 new raids for them to experience. For the rewards, you give them a chance to receive 0 amongst 54 people and lockout them our for around a week. Then you can say, your odds will average out and everything is ok.

Perfect system.
    FYAD likes this.
  19. Knifen Augur

First 2 raids should have had increased loot in the chest to accomodate for the missing 3 raid that would traditionally be out. Not the chance at getting 0 ore. I dont know how some have all ready seen 30/40 chests from 2 raids in 4 weeks but if they are getting that many 0 ore than the RNG ( if that is what it really is ) is way to low.

While adding more raids doesn't necessarily increase the chance at ore dropping. 6 more raids x 0% is still 0 ore. So its not the amount of raids that needs to be increased currently its the RNG for ore.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  20. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

We raid in multiple guilds.

Right now I am doing these events 6 times per week, plus sharing info with others over Discord.
    Knifen likes this.