It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would it be possible to re-release some of the pre-expansion content from many moons ago, for 2 - 4 weeks a year?
    fransisco, Ileasa and Lubianx like this.
  2. kbreezy New Member

Would you please improve auto follow?
    Grok, Hawfunk, Faerli and 4 others like this.
  3. Faerli Bunny Lover of Povar

Can we get a timer in the Fellowship window for the length of time before our campfire expires? It would be nice to have something similar for the guild banner too, but it would help in determining if a new one should be put down.
    Curley, fransisco, Ileasa and 3 others like this.
  4. KarmaKitty Augur

AMA = Ask Me Anything. Of course, replies are optional :)

With max alcohol tolerance can we get a title, say "Town Drunk" o_O

Can we get a dislike button for the forum :mad:

Can we get more key rings (weapon/shield ornaments, TS tools/trophies, others)?

Can we get ordered key rings for food and drink where they are consumed in order?

Can we extend the fishing skill point max to match other TS?

Can we get a Fishing Trophy?

Can we replace vendor trash with coin?

Can we increase grind XP? It would be nice to have the option back.

Recent xpac TS recipes have been too copy & paste. Wait! thats not a question. Sorry :(

Some older raids can be soloed. Others cannot be soloed due to mechanics. Any possibility of
    reducing the required number to get an instance on those that don't have the mechanics issues?

Many older zones are for the most part empty wastelands. Any plans to revamp these older zones in
    some way to bring them back into use. Like
    • Mission instances into 115, 120, 125 level versions of
      • crush bone
      • new goblin dungeon in the cauldron.
    • Collectables in obscure places across several zones.
    • New forages requiring much higher skill levels.
    • New TS recipes using new or existing components from old zones.
    Something like combining the fish scale sheets from the last four expansion with mana to produce
    magic iridescent cloth which can be combined with other stuff to make a something comparable to
    LS items, but different.

Can we get better slot 3 augs even at an additional cost? Same for weapon augs.
    Ileasa, Faerli and Nennius like this.
  5. bava New Member

It's not a deal breaker. I've been playing for 22 years and I Can't Quit You Baby (Led Zeppelin) but I have to ask. The battle spam has changed...for the worse. It has to do with the auto attack. Before, I could clearly see the message in the main chat. Auto attack on. Now it's buried in the combat spam. Not a big deal, I hear someone say. Just click attack and you're set. No. If I have multiple targets the auto attack sometimes (but not always. Very weird and random) drops when I kill one and fight another. Can we just put it back the way it was? When my cleric is fighting for her life, every second matters. Thank you.
    Ileasa likes this.
  6. Nanan00 Journeyman

Could we get a "sell junk items" button at vendors? Most other MMO/RPG games have this type of mechanic in place.
    Grok, Andarriel and KarmaKitty like this.
  7. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

Will there ever be Indoor specific mounts, or mounts that work in both?
  8. Nanan00 Journeyman

Could bards AA's get a lookover? Specifically AA like Improved Chants that did not get an upgrade for LS.
    Ileasa, Hawfunk and KushallaFV like this.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Over the years, many EverQuest players have asked for a suggestions sub-forum so that ideas, suggestions, and proposals can be curated and found in one places.

Having this kind of forum would be a nice gesture from the devs to the players for the 25th Anniversary of EverQuest. Would you please consider creating a suggestions sub-forum?
    Ileasa, Hawfunk, Faerli and 1 other person like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Why cant pets hold agro in missions against melee, while they can against casters? It means if you want to use a pet to tank you need to go all ranged attacks. Seems bizarre.
    Andarriel and KushallaFV like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Can we get it so we can put a ornamentation on a fishing pole The Bone Rod looks like a normal fishing pole and its the best you can get in game.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we go back to weekly patches? Even daily for big changes like the UI and engin?
  13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Are there any plans to actively check and ban the cheaters in Siren's Grove, in the upcoming anniversary TLP? The 20 chars per pick has become a mainstay in TLPs and mocks the whole "anti cheating" posts, unfortunately, as every TLP player knows about these bots.
    Valcron and Barton-Vox like this.
  14. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

Metanis and Yinla like this.
  15. Valcron Elder

Dark Paw Devs,

Question - How do you feel about stats generally?

My Wizard has the following:

2208 Strength
    2945 Stamina
    2741 Agility
    2440 Dexterity
    2659 Wisdom
    4354 Intelligence
    3326 Charisma

All maxed resists almost a 1000

Right now all of these stats are heavily weighted and bloated. Almost all of these stats basically do nothing for me except the INT for my mana pool and stamina for HP. Are we ever going to see a day where these big numbers could do something else for us? Maybe strength could help physical saving throws, or dexterity could help with our critical damage numbers at specific thresholds? I'd like to see a more robust system in place other than gear with + stats on it. The system has got to be reigned in at some point or have it mean something.

Also, for resists- resists used to really matter. I remember back in the day getting my fire and magic resists up really high and that sacrificed some of my gear for Nagafen and Vox raids. Are we ever going to get a retooling of the system where resists actually matter again? They just seem kinda pointless right now and not really doing much.
    fransisco, Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  16. VerranaFV Journeyman

Are account to account transfers ever going to be available again?
    Metanis and Paladin like this.
  17. Owch Crotchety SOB

Can you add a dark mode theme to these forums? Because... ow. At least make it to where Night Eye doesn't make it worse.
    Tyranthraxus, fransisco, Jack and 2 others like this.
  18. KarmaKitty Augur

That said, can we get better fishing poles in game both visual and stat improvements?

How about a 40+ slot fishing bucket, which filters for fishing items. Make the non-fish garbage stackable. Maybe update the garbage to something new. And auto deposit the fished items into storage.
    Grok, Curley, DeadRagarr and 2 others like this.
  19. filthytlpplayer Elder

Is it frustrating in an AMA thread, where players are encouraged to ask any questions that are on their mind, for the vast majority of the questions to be feature requests or reminders about long standing bugs? Do you think this says anything about the current state of the player/dev feedback loop?
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

I'm not kidding when I say that the progression of number sizes in long-lifed games is one of my favorite discussion topics. Everyone wants to see improvement, increases, multiplicative growth, etc. but after enough lifespan, the numbers get ridiculous. If you play a game where every hit shows up like a pop-up over your target, it's even more hilarious.

How do you manage perceivable improvement in a numerical sense with the math of stacking these improvements over and over? It's such a great problem!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.