Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Classic EQ player post with instant gratification. You took a post asking for 1 item split among 54 people to everyone gets one.
    Abbydog, FYAD, Endorek and 2 others like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You should be complaining about getting the T1 gear to be more valuable by making it closer to the TS gear instead of complaining about the drop rate.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A few weeks in and deciding that the drop rate will be bad for the rest of the expansion when it will average out to a much better drop rate over time.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Pointless to bring up because the current dev team has an obsession with tradeskills, which are the worst aspect of EQ.
    Barraind, Thancra and FYAD like this.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

Which is why T1 should just be removed. It's 100% pointless in current itemization design.
    Metanis, Xyza, Thancra and 2 others like this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

I'll minimum bid all day on focus upgrade t1 pieces. DPS upgrade while you wait for stat upgrade t2. But back to the OP, our chests have definitely been a little disappointing as well with an abundance of t1 Wrists and no ores (power did drop once and finesse though)
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it is pointless to complain about the drop rate of the TS ores because they also have a strong feeling about how much should drop and people have complained in the past when the drop rate was to high.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If anything is removed it should be the TS drops as you should not be required to multiple combines in order to use the items you win on raids.
  9. CdeezNotes Augur

The devs love TS Itemization. It's only gotten more and more prevalent which is why I said T1 should just be removed.

I'd be all for removing TS raid armor. It's a horrible design which leverages the worst gameplay of EQ (tradeskilling).

Regardless, having multiple tiers of loot dropping in the same raids is idiotic. The absolute lowest compromise would be making both armor sets nearly identical in value with pros and cons between the two.
    Thancra likes this.
  10. blood & gufts Augur

just because you dont like ts means all dont like ts
    Kaenneth and Nennius like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't change that it I (and likely others) think it would be a bad idea to require tradeskills in order to use raid loot instead of just being able to use the item that drops. This is also why I suggest (and have done so in the past) removing the major difference in stats between dropped and TS items and just make it a player choice based on the differences between them just like they already do with the different crafted options for each slot.
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

Youre literally arguing to just argue a point that Im not disagreeing with.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

Who said anything about like or dislike? But hey, some people like bad movies as well. I mean, somebody showed up to The Flash. It didnt make $0.00 dollars at the BO.

The sole fact they basically automated TSs is pretty telling how objectively bad the mechanics of TSing were and how few people enjoyed it.
    Thancra likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I do find it funny that raiders don't care about a 500-1k improvement on a new expansion T1 item, but they will KS and train and do hundreds of missions for a type 5 that is an extra 3 hDEX or an augment that is 40 h/m/e higher.

Not disagreeing, but just find.it humorous that we don't care about an extra 1k HP but will go beserk to improve 3 points on a heroic
    Tarvas and Anjanax like this.
  15. DeadRagarr Augur

This is a great example of why the current itemization is poor.

You can list all those items decades after. What can you list now? <Insert Generic Shoulder Class name here Piece> here. Its fun to see a rare item drop as a specific drop. Seeing a random TS item rarely drop will not have the same impact no matter what.
  16. Zinth Augur

there are plenty of them, we had expansions with little warrior weapons (dunno the names since I was not warrior) then we lacked other weapons in another expansion and so on, all random
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Huh? You can respond to my points to argue what I said but I can't respond to your points to make my argument? You stated multiple times about removing the dropped items which would force players to do tradeskills in order to use the items that they get from raids.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

And my reason was because devs would more likely remove T1 than the TS stuff they seem so fascinated with, not because I prefer TS armor. Hence the reason for me saying you're arguing nothing. You're ignoring an entire part of my statement in order to argue. I mean, for you I guess that's normal?

And for the record I said it ONE time. Not multiple. Please, stop making stuff up.
  19. RPoo Augur

I miss the days when loot didn't need to come with a set of assembly instructions in the instruction manual.
    Vumad, Fenthen, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  20. Lubianx Augur

Crazy idea.

Make no "ores" drop for the first 6 months only T1.

After 6 months only "ores" no T1.

It's sort of like 2 levels of upgrade. Sure some people may not spend DKP in the the first 6 months (if that's how you handle loot) but it's like some classes going from 1 expansion to another, very minor upgrades