Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

Having the RNG use zero in the new ore system distribution, is RUINING the game. We have gotten 3 ores in a month, but we see Robot Raiders with tons and tons of ores for sale on FV. Two raids? Zero Ores? How would you like to go to work for a month and not get paid?
    Greymantle, Rexa, Xeladom and 16 others like this.
  2. Toukan Augur

Our guild's hit each of the two raids twice now. Four raids down. One of the chests had two valiants (ores) in it. Other three raids had zero. None of the four had type 19's. (Yes I know they're now on raid trash, and glad of it)
    Zero as a possibility sucks.
    Dre. and Straahdx like this.
  3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Imagine for a moment that it's January 2025 and none of this matters.
    Just imagine.

Because none of this matters.
  4. Bilderov Augur

Did any other loot drop or just no ores? I agree that getting nothing shouldn't be an option but if youre still getting drops, then it's just RNG.

People camp many mobs for their rares for weeks and never get them.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Now imagine that it's the year 3024.

gee, that was pointless.
    Abbydog, Dre., Barraind and 7 others like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I remember the same type of complaint last year after the first couple of raids but as the expansion progressed the number of drops overall was more then it was with the old system.
    alanus likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its RNG get over it people ;) Btw i hate raids!
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I wish that instead of 10:20:30:40 ratios it was more like 20:26:34:40 each quarter.

Hard to get motivated knowing that in a few months the reward will be 4x as much.
    Vumad and alanus like this.
  9. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

Another raid, another rng 0. Getting zero t2 ores is unacceptable.
    Abbydog and Xyza like this.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Only things you can do is accept it or quit raiding. I think it’s very bad design to reward 54 people with 0 drops. There’s a lot of time spent managing raids and guilds and to be rewarded with 0 is just a very bad design. It’s make sense, if it wasn’t on basically weekly lockouts.
  11. Zinth Augur

I am sure there were OTHER drops... just no ores?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sadly some people don't care about anything but the TS ores because the other drops are not the best possible and would just let them rot instead of finding some use for them.
  13. Zinth Augur

that doesn't really matter... raids have always been random... maybe something you want drops and you "bid" on it (or whatever system the guild uses) but you are not 100% that a drop you want drops... that has been life in raids since forever... Blade of War? Blade of Carnage? Monk shuriken pouch in time? and other rare stuff
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

People want the ores, and 54 people got rewarded with a 0. The reward structures for raids are very poorly implemented.
    Abbydog, Dre. and Xyza like this.
  15. FYAD Augur

Non-ore loot doesn't count. No one wants it because it's A) not best in slot and B) only a marginal increase over last year's ore loot. It usually goes straight to alts for us because no mains will take it unless that main is a returning player who isn't geared on past year's loot. Example: the non-ore tower shield variant has been nicknamed "the Bard shield" since it's war/pal/sk/bard usable and every tank player is holding out for T2. That leaves bards as the only main class that would take it but usually it goes straight to rot round and available to alts.
    Abbydog, alanus, Ozon and 1 other person like this.
  16. FYAD Augur

Except for TBL through ToL where they had a static amount of "wild card" items that dropped with every chest.

Also, in the era of those examples that you list, itemization had much more variety and there weren't the standard templates for items that they use know. Those examples are not indicative of the modern game so they don't offer much relevance to the current discussion.

The point of bringing this up is to highlight the fact that getting no T2 items of any type is not a fun game mechanic and that design should focus on fun.
  17. FYAD Augur

The raid design has eliminated the usefulness of T1 gear. If you needed to gear up on T1 gear to beat T2 raids and then needed T2 gear to beat T3 raids, you'd have more demand from mains in last year's gear for those T1 items. But when raids have hp/dps checks that aren't challenging to the point of making that incremental T1 upgrade a necessity, there's little reason for a main to take that item instead of letting it go to alts or guild tribute.
    Vumad and KushallaFV like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The gear is still an upgrade and can be used but people have decided it isn't worth it.
    Zinth likes this.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Nobody cares about it though, FYAD just explained it.
    Vumad and Endorek like this.
  20. Zinth Augur

ah we have gotten to the insta-gratification crews playing EQ these days, gotcha... when we old timers played EQ it was uphill in 10' of snow both ways... have been to many raids where I didn't get stuff... I survived and the thrill when that super nice item came and the bid wars etc. but sure lets be handed everything at every raid, makes life easier, need to be done in a week so we can use the other 51 weeks of the year to wait for the next expansion