Housing on Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Captain Video, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Captain Video Augur

Do evictions still get run on the Test server anymore? Does anyone know? It sure seems like there is a lot of housing there that hasn't been touched in years, particularly guild housing for guilds that don't exist on the server. It would be nice if there was a cleanup pass of some sort, but with everything else going on, I'm not holding my breath.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

I'm just curious, how would you know what's been touched or not?

I don't to any cosmetic things to my houses and plots, but I have certainly interacted with 5 x 71 houses in my neighborhoods. But I'm not sure you could tell I've done anything in the last year.

I think more housing gets used for non-visible things (including trophy repository) than visible these days.
    EagleTalon99 likes this.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It seems much better to keep dormant housing there, than apply some sort of filter to purge housing and end up sending eviction crates to everyone. People come back to the game all the time. People feel a little salty if they thought certain things would be persistent and that ends up not being true.
    EagleTalon99 likes this.
  4. MischiefMage00 New Member

People pay years in advance. Lots of guilds that don't seem to exist on the server still use the plots occasionally. I have all my trophies there. Don't see a particular reason housing needs to be cleaned up. I had no problem finding an empty spot today.
    jeskola likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is no good reason under the sun to do any such thing as to "clean up" the neighborhoods. What is this, inner city rejuvenation?

While this is not on test it might give you and idea of what housing can be about. Please read thru the posts on this link and you will get the idea.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/memorial-to-armourcarr.294122/

The game will auto make more "game neighborhoods" if the current ones become full and if you make the writ of Sunrise then it will make one in your guild's name.

I was not aware of any limit - go look at FV if you want to see a huge neighborhood. Sunrise Hills over there takes up all of California and Texas combined!
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Yeah my houses and trophies are still in the old Legions of Blackburrow neighborhood.
  7. Captain Video Augur

This thread has quickly become apples and oranges, so let me start over. I know how housing works. I have housing on my Live server, and it's fine. What I don't have there is my own guild hall.

I've been testing AP functionality on Test pretty much daily since Beta ended. I now have several toons on Test across two subbed accounts which each have multiple APs (highest is seven). I want to toss all these guys into their own guild, and for that I need a guild hall. I do not want a private guild neighborhood, which costs DBC even on Test, as I'm not inclined to spend out-of-pocket for a task that is essentially doing the company's QA for it. A Modest Guild Hall, which costs approx. 1Kpp from the neighborhood vendor, would do just fine. The problem is, there's no place to put it.

All of the public neighborhoods on Test are full up with four placed guild halls each. This is despite the fact Test has more than double the number of public neighborhoods vs. any Live blue rules server, and in turn despite the fact that Test has at most 10% of the active player base vs. any blue rules server. (Note that I am purposefully excluding FV from this analysis.) As near as I can tell, the vast majority of these guild halls are owned by guilds which no longer exist on the server. So... either the eviction process isn't working the way it's supposed to, or the auto-create new public neighborhoods isn't working, or both. In any event, it's broken, and I'm stuck.

I also don't want to time-share a space in someone else's private neighborhood, it gets too complicated. While I don't expect a brand-new spanking clean public neighborhood, I do have a preference for a spot where I can rent a couple of housing plots close to the guild hall, for what I think are obvious reasons. My OP question, is the eviction process on Test actually running, is still unanswered.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is an open neighborhood on test. Elm Colonial Island. However you will still have to time share and have no choice of where to put your houses. The only way to do that is to buy your own hood.

If you feel this is a bug then report it as such and perhaps CS will answer your question.
    Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  9. Captain Video Augur

OK, I found it, TY. Not sure how I missed it before; in any case, it's mine now. Not the most optimal setup, but make do. BTW, time-sharing means renting a guild plot in someone else's private neighborhood with their permission, which I wasn't interested in doing. Anything placed in a public neighborhood can't be blocked by other players not in my guild.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guild hall on test I think I have 2 are paid up for years and may not get used for years at a time. But they are there and ready for use when I need them.

I throw a 100K or so at housing when I create a new one on which ever server I'm on at the time incuding test. Housing plots I have is paid up now are all for between 23 and 52 years. I just don't want to be worrying about eviction.
    Rijacki likes this.