You're in our (dark) world now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Atlans, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Atlans Lorekeeper

Post your favorite post patch screenshots!
    Mine is definitely the Moors of Nokk
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    https://imgur.com/CLrjMjh
    [IMG]
    Ileasa likes this.
  2. Wideeyes New Member

I'm a necro so I like the new look of the Standard Guild Hall. Lots of shadows to hide in!
    [IMG]
    Ileasa, Schadenfreude and CatsPaws like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

I havent had any reduced vision. However the spectres in sathyrs tomb are all lime green now
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is an excellent screen shot of what many of us are seeing in case the dev's don't understand and are having the wool pulled over their eyes.
    Ileasa and Goranothos like this.
  5. Oberan Elder

To be fair that statue (not the background though) has had black textures on integrated intel gpus for at least a few years (was so on my older now retired laptop and also on my newer laptop when i swap from the discrete nvidia gpu to the integrated intel gpu it would happen too)
    Ileasa and Rijacki like this.
  6. DeadRagarr Augur

That looks like its just not loading entire textures. Not that the light is too dim.
  7. FYAD Augur

The weird ground texture aside, the lighting looks fine. I've long felt that EQ was way too bright so I feel like they're going in the right direction by better shading areas that should be darker. But their dx11 implementation still has a long way to go.
    Ileasa likes this.
  8. Goranothos Augur

That statue is now black in my guild hall also. I am running a gaming desktop that I built a few years ago with a Republic of Gamers NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.
  9. Goranothos Augur

OP try running the Windows app that allows you to adjust your gamma. I forget what it's called just type adjust gamma in the search box. You will get to a screen that shows you three grey blobs with dots in the center and a slider. Adjust the slider until the dots blend in and disappear. This should help. It did for me. The statue will still be black though.
  10. Sayitaintso New Member

The new look of the Skyshrine Dragon Brazier in the guild hall. RX5700.I have also been told it is a texture issue....but no idea if or what can be done about it <sigh>
    [IMG]
  11. Atlans Lorekeeper

Yeah, I played around for hours with the gamma, brightness, contrast, hue etc in the NVIDIA settings panel and was able to get it so I could see in game and the lighting wasn't too bad. The texture stuff is just bizarre. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that? I run Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (HDCP-capable), Directx 12 so well beyond EQ's stated min requirements. Every other application, streaming video, etc are fine. Just EQ now
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Statue of Altruistic Guardian was (is) infamous for rendering all black

But at least it stood out. Now the entire screen is so dark that its hard to pick out the black statue or anything black
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

For black textures try changing texturequality per this post:
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is not the same as the totally black screen, but I did try it when I saw that. It did not help
  15. Atlans Lorekeeper

OMG OMG THANK YOU Svann2 !!!!
    I went into the EQClient, changed the texturequality to 1 and now I have this:
    [IMG]

A little on the dark side but I'll take it ;)
    Ileasa, Goranothos and minimind like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Feel bad for all the folks having problems. My systems are never more then 5 or 6 years old. I have been lucky to have zero UI problems and the only thing I see since DX11 came in was flickering at Character Select and very occasional flicking in game but nothing that affected the playability of the gme for me at all.
    Ileasa likes this.
  17. DeadRagarr Augur

I play on ultrawide settings and every single lighting element flies. But it does give good screenshots when you see every fire graphics flying 100 meters above a lantern, every collectable shiny sky high. You can also move them by adjusting your look.

Doubt it will be fixed. I was surprised the game ran in my resolution w/o crashing.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

Wish I had words of wisdom or something you folks could try. Maybe someone could start a poll of what people have system wise. I true box 4 pc's and none of them got darker at all. Hopefully they can figure out what is happening for those of you with the issue
  19. FYAD Augur

Mine went from "way to bright" to "just right"

Now if they just just fix the screen stuttering in crowded areas, I'll be set.
  20. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

This was wild to me logging into live.

Didnt do this at all on Test for me, fire up live during tests true-up, and hello darkness.