Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Feochadan the Savior, Jan 17, 2024.

1. rahzel44 Journeyman

Yeah, I try running around with mouse look to turn and every couple seconds the game stutters for maybe 1/3-1/2 a second and when it resumes I'm looking (and running in) a completely different direction. It's intolerable while trying to pull in tight spaces and is inevitably going to get me killed frequently until this is fixed.
    Amex111 likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

3. Amex111 Journeyman

It's nice to see the community doing Daybreaks work for them. Crazy to think that users here have provided more help/feedback than the employees have. We are spending countless hours trying to fix & play a game they love (and pay for).

In the meantime, none of these changes are making my stutter go away, nor many guild members. Would be nice to have employees doing more to help.

What is not working for many of us:
    - litbatches off
    - reset of eqclient
    - mip map off
    - dynamic lightning off
    - texture caching on
    - texture compression on

Stuttering / hitching that never existed before DX11 push:
    - at many raids
    - when someone in close vicinity to you zones in
    - mouse turning while running
    Arsdenyl and Toukan like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

If its some raids and not others then it might help to start a list of which of which. Raid lag seems to be something that can only be tested in actual raids.
  5. Rrowzing Journeyman

I found these changes to my eqclient.ini totally resolved this issue for me:

Specifically, these are the entries that are the trouble:

ClientCore0=2
    ClientCore1=4
    ClientCore2=6
    ClientCore3=1
    ClientCore4=5
    ClientCore5=7

Use this to remove the stutter...

ClientCore0=-1
    Cairbrae likes this.
  6. Sambert New Member

• Raids like Myconid Mutiny lag everyone in my raid for a solid 5-8 seconds and nearly cause us to wipe.
    • Guild Lobby, PoK, PoT, all reduce my framerate to a crawl for seemingly no reason.
    • Pets and mercs have horribly broken models that fill my entire field of vision.
    Ryzen 7 3700x / 3060ti for one pc. Ryzen 5 5600x / AMD 7600 for another pc. Happens on both. This DX11 release was terribly premature.
    mercury890, Straahdx and Amex111 like this.
  7. Niri New Member

I use the mouse to run and turn. That is not possible at all anymore now.
    I've turned off *everything* possible. Basically in advanced, nothing is ticked anymore.
    Clip plane is like... in front of my face. Shadows are off. Particles are off. Density is set to off for everything. LOD Bias is low. Names for pretty much everything is off.
    I am unable to turn off a LOT of the combat spam. And I lag like crazy now.
    Basically, you have partially murdered the game for me.
  8. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

I feel your plight... Been playing since 2000 and each time a new "Regime" came into power and tried to update the graphics engine, a whole can of worms was opened. DeJa'Vu big time...The only solution then was to revert till further notice as to not kill their paying customers off... like us...
    Sadly though, maybe this is the push I needed to "Back out" gracefully and give it a break after said 23 years of monthly payments(plural accounts)....
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  9. MiataDriver Augur

I really do wish they would actually listen to reports from beta and from test before pushing an update like this out to live. I know, it has never happened before, so why I should expect it now I don't know.
    mercury890 and Fenthen like this.
  10. Kinadorm Augur

I noticed that there was a bunch more hard drive activity post patch. In my case it looks like it was the new chat filter changes added in the patch causing stuttering/frame rate issues. Setting all those to "Hide" under the options screen Chat tab improved things significantly for me. There is still some stuttering here and there and also significant hard drive activity at the same time but no where near what it was before hiding those fields.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Whats the size of your log file?
  12. Smederick New Member

OK so my system meets the new requirements. My video drivers are up to date. Who do I need to contact to get a refund on my remaining subscription since I cannot play? I don't mind the devs doing an upgrade, but is it makes the game unplayable and it is not my fault I deserve a refund. I am not asking for a full refund since I have played a couple of months of my 1 yr sub.
    mercury890 likes this.
  13. Smederick New Member

This is what I see in game

Hmm why is it removing my picture
    mercury890 likes this.
  14. Kinadorm Augur

It is set to archive at 10mb and it seems to grow to 10mb about every 15-20 minutes now. Where before is was about 4-5 days between archives. Now that I have adjusted the new chat filters back to hide I will need to monitor it.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Make a back up of your old eqclient first!
  16. Moege Augur

New chat filters cannot be hidden yet, no clue what you set to hide.
  17. Jerjamlor New Member

i have almost this same exact setup, play Diablo 4 with ZERO issues but i can hardly walk thru PoK or the guild lobby without looking like i just took a hit of LSD.
    mercury890 likes this.
  18. Domniatric Augur

Windows 10
    NVIDIA 2080 Super
  19. Windance Augur

20. Domniatric Augur

mercury890 and TB_AB like this.